Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Feature Requests (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Story and Mechanics Links (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=54161)

Vargr October 29th, 2015 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parody (Post 218297)
PS: Did you find all the links in #2?

I believe there are only two links?

And "that looks" is really one link for "that" and an underline for for "looks".

But I can not tell just from a glance.

Silveras October 29th, 2015 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parody (Post 218297)
Things to consider:

1. It makes links less recognizable, diluting their meaning.

2. It's easy to end up with something that looks horrible even to those who are using the standard settings.

3. Vision issues (like color deficiency and needing high contrast) are more common than you think.

Personally, I wouldn't use this feature (both because of numbers 1 and 2 above and because I don't care about the difference in destination) and would revert imported text using multiple link colors to the default. But that's just me.

Agreed... if something like this were implemented, it is one of the first things that would have me looking for a way to permanently disable it across all Realms.

MNBlockHead October 29th, 2015 09:40 PM

How about we make the links blink?

j/k

Vargr October 29th, 2015 10:54 PM

And sound - don't forget sound!

Parody October 29th, 2015 11:21 PM

HTML5 and CSS3 are tools that must be used with caution. :)

rob October 30th, 2015 12:38 AM

Channeling Tool-Time Tim: MORE POWER!

bobloblah October 30th, 2015 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AEIOU (Post 218319)
Rather than the orange I used for demonstration, I'd personally prefer a medium grey with underline. It isn't obtrusive but is easily discernible should I need the reference.

+1! Love this idea, as it would make loads of mechanics references a lot less painful.

Silveras October 30th, 2015 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parody (Post 218350)
HTML5 and CSS3 are tools that must be used with caution. :)

Agreed. The value of visual cues comes from using them sparingly. Over-used, they are an eye-sore. Used sparingly, they draw attention to the points where they are present.

I remember years ago going to help support someone who had used the Windows 3.x customization to turn all the colors into a mix of canary yellow and hot pink/magenta. That's one of the few times I can say I really thought "it makes my eyes bleed" to be an appropriate description.

MNBlockHead October 30th, 2015 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob (Post 218353)
Channeling Tool-Time Tim: MORE POWER!

Yes, we will keep asking for more until we break it, won't we. :D

Cornelius November 1st, 2015 04:22 AM

Although I agree with the idea I would not have as many links in a sentence as this example. I would probably only link one time to the article orcs.