Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Savage Worlds (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Is there an Interface Zero 2.0 or Acthung Cthulhu herolab file (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=55591)

salcor April 13th, 2016 09:11 PM

Is there an Interface Zero 2.0 or Acthung Cthulhu herolab file

I was wondering if anyone have made herolab files for interface zero 2.0 or Acthung Cthulhu?

Salcor

zarlor April 14th, 2016 03:19 AM

I think CapedCrusader might be working on an official file for IZ2, which had to wait until after the Sci-Fi Companion was completed. Of course he's working on the Super Powers Companion 2 right now so it may be a bit. As for A:C according to the Hero Lab Savage Setting Index (stickied on this very forum) EndTransmission was presumably working on that so you could try sending him a PM for the status.

salcor April 14th, 2016 09:26 PM

Thanks for the reply. Wish I new more about how to set these flies up to help.

Salcor

Paragon April 15th, 2016 09:38 AM

From eyeballing IZ and the SF Companion, it appears the latter provides most of the tools for the former; so its probably just a lot of tedious gruntwork.

salcor April 16th, 2016 04:52 PM

So pretty much just data entry?

Salcor

Paragon April 18th, 2016 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salcor (Post 228176)
So pretty much just data entry?

Salcor

Mostly. I think IZ may do something with Reputation (if I'm not confusing it with Nova Praxis), and as I recall it uses subskills, which aren't currently supported. And you have to understand how they work to set the "races" up properly.

salcor April 18th, 2016 09:38 PM

Is there anyway within herolabs to provide for skill specializations?

Salcor

zarlor April 19th, 2016 07:25 AM

Not by default, I don't think, but I thought I remembered seeing here somewhere that maybe SeeleyOne might have something set up to handle it. You might give him a PM if he doesn't respond here himself.

SeeleyOne April 19th, 2016 02:32 PM

I had a theory on how to make it work, but I never did it. It seemed to me that the way to implement it would be to make a bunch of edges that cost 0.5. The weapon specializations would get tedious/tricky as you would have to match the weapon type with the correct specialization; it would work best if you have your own data for your setting, otherwise you have to do a wider search to cover more than one. Basically, make a mechanic that has an eval script that applies a penalty if the specialization. The way to do that would be to have the script give everyone a penalty right off, then have it add a bonus that removes the penalty if you have the specialization that the weapons need.

SeeleyOne April 19th, 2016 02:33 PM

Oh, and if your setting gives you 5 specializations to start with, add 2.5 edges to the character.