Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   What does Pathfinder 2nd Edition mean for RW? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=60315)

Grey Mage March 7th, 2018 06:22 AM

What does Pathfinder 2nd Edition mean for RW?

Just wondering if we can get some sort of feedback as to what Paizo's announcement about PF 2nd edition will mean for RW?

dachda March 7th, 2018 05:31 PM

Would it effect anything? If the issue is a way for Paizo to verify RW users already have a Paizo pdf before buying on the content market, does it matter what version of Pathfinder the product is? Plus if they follow their playtest method from 2008, it will be 2-3 years before they switch to Pathfinder 2e.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey Mage (Post 263958)
Just wondering if we can get some sort of feedback as to what Paizo's announcement about PF 2nd edition will mean for RW?

Asandir March 7th, 2018 06:28 PM

Playtest starts in August 2018. New rule set August 2019

Toblakai March 7th, 2018 06:41 PM

It means that the Pathfinder content market items won't sell anywhere near as well as they would have before this announcement. I know I will be buying less, only Adventure Path content that I haven't run. Will be skipping core/bestiaries/etc.

Mystic Lemur March 8th, 2018 03:24 PM

RW is a system-neutral product. I will still be buying Pathfinder (1e) materials, because not only will 1e still be played, but the adventure content will still be usable in other systems.

daplunk March 8th, 2018 03:28 PM

Realm Works makes it so easy to update an adventure that it's bound to still be useful. I just updated a 2e module in a few hours. Just put in the 5e version of monsters instead of the provided ones and re-scanned.

kbs666 March 8th, 2018 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daplunk (Post 264036)
Realm Works makes it so easy to update an adventure that it's bound to still be useful. I just updated a 2e module in a few hours. Just put in the 5e version of monsters instead of the provided ones and re-scanned.

This. I converted Village of Hommlet from the 1st ed version I own to PF with ease. It was simply a matter of entering all the story and settings material as is and then converting the rules stuff. If WotC was to ever decide to partner with LWD getting all the classic modules converted to 5e would be ridiculously easy. I could see converting Temple of Elemental Evil, Against the Giants and
Descent into the Depths made into a sort of classic AP.

dungeonguru March 9th, 2018 05:46 AM

I thought Goodman Games had a license to do conversions and reprints of classic modules - I know B1 & B2 (Into the Unknown/Keep on the Borderlands) were supposed to come out soon, maybe they'll do more.

I'd pay good for a real conversion or successor to T1-4 and even the sequel from 3e though.

Gord March 9th, 2018 03:42 PM

I feel old every time I see that signature where you define yourself as a certified old coot because you have DM'd since the 84 Red Box.

I still have my brown wood grain box from Jan 74 so what does that make me? A certified dinosaur?

Grey Mage March 9th, 2018 10:20 PM

Gord,

I started in 1974 also... and yes, we are venerable if not ancient in game terms. However, it also means we get a discount at the movie theaters... :)