Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Hero Lab Online Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Cleric's Kit (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=63093)

EightBitz August 24th, 2019 10:25 PM

Cleric's Kit

I'm making a cleric, and I went to the gear section and bought a cleric's kit. With every other class I've made so far, when I bought the relevant kit, it added at least one basic weapon and one basic set of armor (except for classes that don't use armor). The cleric's kit added no armor and no weapon.

The description says it's supposed to add hide armor and the deity's favored weapon. I did have a deity selected, but still no armor and no weapon.

Dami August 25th, 2019 03:34 AM

Raise a bug report. A forum post may not been seen and acted on by LW.

EightBitz August 25th, 2019 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dami (Post 281558)
Raise a bug report. A forum post may not been seen and acted on by LW.

Neither are bug reports.

Farling August 25th, 2019 05:31 AM

If the kit doesn't give you your expected armor and weapon, how is it not a bug?

EightBitz August 25th, 2019 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farling (Post 281562)
If the kit doesn't give you your expected armor and weapon, how is it not a bug?

I didn't say it wasn't a bug. I said that bug reports are neither acted upon. When I have to keep asking for a response, even if what I'm asking for is nothing more than an ETA, and I get nothing, what's the point of reporting anything? I feel like I'm sending email to an abyss. What's the point?

When I see and hear about others who've had the same experience for months (not just one person, but multiple), what's the point?

I'm done with RW. I'm only using HLO until I have an alternative for PF2, but even with that, I'm putting the HLO output into another product. So, I don't really care anymore. I'm tired of making the same complaints about lack of communication. I'm tired of seeing promises of change that end up being short-lived.

So I'm posting the info here for you guys. If any of you want to throw a bug report into the abyss, have at it.

Dami August 25th, 2019 02:09 PM

@EightBitz: I understand LW isn't any good at giving ETA's or responding. I see that too.
There is still a process to report problems, and people should be encouraged to use it, even if you personally feel that is pointless. If no-one reports a bug, certainly it won't get any attention.

EightBitz August 25th, 2019 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dami (Post 281568)
@EightBitz: I understand LW isn't any good at giving ETA's or responding. I see that too.
There is still a process to report problems, and people should be encouraged to use it, even if you personally feel that is pointless. If no-one reports a bug, certainly it won't get any attention.

I have zero regard for the process at this point. I report them here, where they reach more people, for transparency. That's where it stops for me.

Farling August 25th, 2019 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EightBitz (Post 281563)
I said that bug reports are neither acted upon.

Strange, because I read your response as neither the armor nor the weapon are included in the kit, however they aren't bugs. :-)

EightBitz August 25th, 2019 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farling (Post 281571)
Strange, because I read your response as neither the armor nor the weapon are included in the kit, however they aren't bugs. :-)

Yeah, looking at it now, I can easily see how you can read it that way.

EightBitz August 25th, 2019 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farling (Post 281571)

The specific point I was responding to was "A forum post may not been seen and acted on by LW."

And in response to that comment, I replied, "Neither are bug reports [acted on by LW]."