Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Sin Seeker doesn't have darkvision? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=62557)

Azhrei May 9th, 2019 07:11 PM

Sin Seeker doesn't have darkvision?

Hey all.

My mage took improved familiar and gained a sin seeker. Hero Lab says the familiar has darkvision 60', but d20pfsrd says it doesn't. Which one is correct? (It'd be ideal if someone with the original source, Pathfinder Adventure Path #73: The Worldwound Incursion, could check for me. Thanks!)

It's not super critical right now (because it also has blindsight 50' and that's good enough for the encounter I'm in the middle of right now!), but for future use...

Silveras May 10th, 2019 10:10 AM

According to The Worldwound Incursion's Bestiary entry, the creature has blindsight 50 ft, low-light vision, and scent.

Mathias May 10th, 2019 10:37 AM

I just tested adding a level of wizard, choosing arcane familiar, and adding a sin seeker, and I don't see Darkvision on that one, so there may be something in addition on your character's familiar, beyond just the race and being a familiar.

I also tested adding the sin seeker race on its own, not as a familiar, and that doesn't have darkvision, either.

Azhrei May 12th, 2019 07:45 AM

It seems that I have two "sin seeker" races in my familiar list. Both say the source is "Wrath of the Righteous", but I can't tell which HL source they actually come from (at least, on the iPad I can't). The second one (with the shorter text block) doesn't include darkvision, so that's the one I'm going to use, I just don't know who to inform about the other one having the wrong attributes...

For some reason, the original familiar also had an Int of 19 (!) while the racial characteristic for the sin seeker starts at 15 — no idea how that happened either, but I haven't looked at the XML in the portfolio yet; maybe there will be a clue there.

Thanks for the help, everyone!

Mathias May 12th, 2019 10:54 AM

Here's how I'd test that - add the one that seems wrong to a character, and then in the Develop menu, make sure Enable Data File Debugging is turned on at the top, and then choose "Floating info Windows" at the bottom. From that, choose "Show selection tags", filter for "Sin Seeker", and check the race you find, and then click OK. Scroll down pretty close to the bottom, and look for something with "Sources Used" in the Group Name column, and then it'll have something like "usesource.PathWraRig" in the Tag Id column, and it'll have the name of that source in the Tag Name column. In the configure hero menu (re-opened from the Character menu), that will be the name of the source that needs to be turned on for this particular version to appear. The tag I listed is from the version of Sin Seeker we created.

ShadowChemosh May 12th, 2019 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathias (Post 278843)
Here's how I'd test that - add the one that seems wrong to a character, and then in the Develop menu, make sure Enable Data File Debugging is turned on at the top, and then choose "Floating info Windows" at the bottom. From that, choose "Show selection tags", filter for "Sin Seeker", and check the race you find, and then click OK. Scroll down pretty close to the bottom, and look for something with "Sources Used" in the Group Name column, and then it'll have something like "usesource.PathWraRig" in the Tag Id column, and it'll have the name of that source in the Tag Name column. In the configure hero menu (re-opened from the Character menu), that will be the name of the source that needs to be turned on for this particular version to appear. The tag I listed is from the version of Sin Seeker we created.

I would recommend looking for the tag ProductID.HLCommunit which will let you know if its from the community pack or not. The community pack has a Sin Seeker monster and it is from Wrath of the Righteous and is source marked to PathWraRig. :)

In hindsight the community should not have used the core source for doing the AP's but can't change that now. :p

Anyways I fixed the community version to no longer give Darkvision.

Azhrei May 13th, 2019 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 278845)
In hindsight the community should not have used the core source for doing the AP's but can't change that now. :p

Interesting comment. Why do you think this way? (I'm just curious if its from a user-content-management standpoint, or something else?

Quote:

Anyways I fixed the community version to no longer give Darkvision.
Cool. Now I don't have to do it. ;)

Thanks!