Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - 4th Edition (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Essentials classes? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=12732)

evildmguy March 31st, 2011 07:28 AM

Essentials classes?

Is there any word when support for Essentials classes will be done? Is anyone working on them? Whether it's official or not?

I was hoping to do a druid of spring in HL so that's why I wondering about it.

Thanks!

RavenX March 31st, 2011 06:58 PM

Apparently there was a problem with them with this months download, so they have delayed putting them in.

evildmguy April 1st, 2011 07:14 AM

Okay, I get that and certainly understand. I just couldn't find anywhere if they were going to support them or what was happening with it.

Thanks!

RavenX April 1st, 2011 10:58 PM

Its actually not lone wolf as much as it is the WOTC compendium encoding. They changed something in the compendium code that is giving hero lab a hard time getting them. As far as I know they downloaded when I ran my downloader this month, they just did not load because of some error I know nothing about. There are a few threads on this topic floating in the forum.

evildmguy April 4th, 2011 04:48 AM

I saw the one on the slayer and the idea of uncommenting and seeing what it would do. But I wasn't willing to do that at the moment! I didn't see any others. Again, no big deal. I don't need it right away. I understand about WotC changing their data files as that happened to me on something I did a while ago.

Thanks!

Colen April 4th, 2011 10:35 AM

I am working on these today. :) The reason they aren't included yet is because they're listed in the Compendium a really different way from the regular 4e classes; I'm going to have to do a bunch of extra work to convert them over. That's what's on my schedule for today, so wish me luck ;)

evildmguy April 4th, 2011 12:06 PM

As I said, I know about WotC changing the data! So, I understand what you are having to do.

Good luck!

RavenX April 4th, 2011 04:03 PM

Thanks Colen its appreciated. I have been waiting for this myself.
And thanks for the alignment creation option, its made my game feel alot more like my game...

Colen April 4th, 2011 05:55 PM

Question for everyone about the Essentials classes - a lot of classes say "At level 5, choose Power X or Power Y." However, what they mean is "Take any <base class> level 5 daily power", and powers X and Y are merely suggestions.

Would it be valuable to limit the selection of stuff to powers X and Y? Or do you want to see all the powers, regardless of what the rulebook says you should take?

RavenX April 4th, 2011 06:03 PM

The Essentials classes themselves are basically new builds for the classes they originate from. Like the Mage is basically a new Wizard option. And thief is a rogue one so I think they are specialized to the point where the powers are supposed to be limited...