Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Level too high to support psionics... (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=13079)

jat470 May 22nd, 2011 10:10 AM

Level too high to support psionics...

Have a 30th level character I'm attempting to convert over to Pathfinder and this message continually pops up whenever I make any adjustments, and isn't allowing any selections for adding magic levels to Loremaster.

I know the system is designed to cap at 20th level...any suggestions?

Mathias May 22nd, 2011 05:13 PM

Adding enough magic levels to a character to take them beyond 20 effective levels is not currently supported. I'm sorry that the errror messages aren't more clear about what's going wrong.

jat470 May 22nd, 2011 06:06 PM

Thanks.

kfeltenberger May 22nd, 2011 06:53 PM

Are there plans to allow the 20 level cap to be exceeded or perhaps an option to eliminate it?

chiefweasel May 23rd, 2011 04:26 AM

It acrtually the Pathfinder system that limites the cap.

kfeltenberger May 24th, 2011 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefweasel (Post 56197)
It acrtually the Pathfinder system that limites the cap.

Right...but is there a way to turn this off in the software? The book does give some guidelines on 21+ level characters but does say they're not truly within the scope of the rules.

I'm not a proponent of this "Epic Level" nonsense, probably because I remember when 21st level and higher was just a higher level with nothing muchkin to go along with it other than a few extra hp and some extra spells. I just want the option to have a character with more than 20 levels. :)

chava May 24th, 2011 07:02 PM

You can make a character that has more than 20 levels without pulling an error in Hero Lab, you just can't have more than 20 levels in a single spellcasting class. For example you can make a Wizard 20/Fighter 20 just fine, and a wizard 15/cleric 15 is all good, but a wizard 15/cleric 15/mystic theuge 6 will have problems.

jat470 May 29th, 2011 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kfeltenberger (Post 56249)
Right...but is there a way to turn this off in the software?

This is all I was looking for.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chava (Post 56264)
You can make a character that has more than 20 levels without pulling an error in Hero Lab, you just can't have more than 20 levels in a single spellcasting class. For example you can make a Wizard 20/Fighter 20 just fine, and a wizard 15/cleric 15 is all good, but a wizard 15/cleric 15/mystic theuge 6 will have problems.

This is the problem I ran into. After 20 levels of wizard, I couldn't add more than 1 level of loremaster without getting the error message. I eventually got around it by doing the loremaster levels first, filling in the projected numbers as needed, THEN adding the wizard levels after everything else was set up, but still...there should be some way to turn off this error message, right? :confused:

Mathias May 29th, 2011 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jat470 (Post 56392)
This is the problem I ran into. After 20 levels of wizard, I couldn't add more than 1 level of loremaster without getting the error message. I eventually got around it by doing the loremaster levels first, filling in the projected numbers as needed, THEN adding the wizard levels after everything else was set up, but still...there should be some way to turn off this error message, right? :confused:

On the Loremaster, delete all the extra magic levels - you'll get the validation that the loremaster is incomplete, but you won't have runtime errors every time you change something.

jat470 May 29th, 2011 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathias (Post 56395)
On the Loremaster, delete all the extra magic levels - you'll get the validation that the loremaster is incomplete, but you won't have runtime errors every time you change something.

In other words, there's no way to turn off the error message...just get around it. Okay, thanks anyway. :)