Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Authoring Kit (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   output_label with text vs. output_label with script. (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=59227)

EightBitz September 24th, 2017 03:31 AM

output_label with text vs. output_label with script.

I'm experimenting with the character sheet (sheet_standard1.dat), and I'm confused by an issue. When I use output_label with a text element, things seem to work as expected. But when I use a labeltext script, things do not work as expected (meaning not what I would have expected).

So here's my code for what works:
Code:

<template
  id="oAgility"
  name="Agility"
  compset="Attribute">

<portal
      id="oAgility"
      style="outNormal">

<output_label
        text="hello">
        </output_label>
      </portal>

<position><![CDATA[
      portal[oAgility].top=0
      ]]></position>
</template>

And here's my code for what does not work:
Code:

<template
  id="oAgility"
  name="Agility"
  compset="Attribute">

<portal
      id="oAgility"
      style="outNormal">

<output_label>
        <labeltext><![CDATA[
            @text = "hello"
            ]]></labeltext>
        </output_label>
      </portal>

<position><![CDATA[
      portal[oAgility].top=0
      ]]></position>
</template>

In the example that works, I see the word "hello" appear where I expect it to appear. In the example the does not work, I do not see "hello" appear at all, anywhere on the sheet.

When I switch between these two methods, I'm not changing any other code anywhere else in the file. I'm probably missing something simple (again), but I've looked it over and over, and compared it to other examples. Whatever I'm missing, I haven't been able to figure it out yet.

EightBitz September 26th, 2017 06:40 AM

Still stumped, if anyone can help.

Thanks.

TCArknight September 26th, 2017 10:21 AM

Could it be something like the height missing for the labeltext version of the portal? Try setting the height to something 40 or do an autoplace maybe?

Duggan September 26th, 2017 10:24 AM

I'm afraid I'm not to that point yet, but I'll try to forge ahead tonight and see what I see.

EightBitz September 26th, 2017 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCArknight (Post 256460)
Could it be something like the height missing for the labeltext version of the portal? Try setting the height to something 40 or do an autoplace maybe?

I've tried setting different values for height, top and left.

The portal right above it is the hero name portal, and I tried emulating that one. The only difference I can make out is that the hero name portal has an if/then block. I tried using one of those at one point, and it didn't make a difference. Not that I expected it to, but when you're done trying all the things you expect to work, you start trying somethings you don't expect to work, just to see.