Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Did I miss something? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=59261)

EightBitz October 2nd, 2017 05:38 PM

Did I miss something?

It looks like a whole thread was deleted, and a user account along with it. I see no comment or explanation from the admins as to why. This is uncharacteristic.

I just looked at one of my own threads, and I didn't see a way to delete it, but I may be missing something there, too. So was this an official censure? And if so, why? I just read through the forum rules, and I don't recall seeing anything in that thread that violated the rules. It was of a critical nature, but it also explained why.

I may have missed some comments, though. I don't know. I hope it wasn't deleted just for being critical.

Dakadin October 2nd, 2017 05:42 PM

I was thinking the same thing.

Dhrakken October 2nd, 2017 05:52 PM

There was nothing in there that warranted a full blown deletion. Clearly someone wasn't happy to be called out on missing yet another deadline; it's the only logical explanation.

kbs666 October 2nd, 2017 05:54 PM

Really? Delete that thread because people were venting?

Did you guys really delete someone's account too?

Parody October 2nd, 2017 06:08 PM

Yeah, that seemed a bit extreme. It's their site, though, as noted in the Forum Rules. :(

EightBitz October 2nd, 2017 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbs666 (Post 256791)
Really? Delete that thread because people were venting?

Did you guys really delete someone's account too?

The OP of that thread was meek75, whose account seems to be gone.

alientude October 2nd, 2017 06:10 PM

I really hope this isn't what it looks like. While I'm very disgruntled with Lone Wolf, that kind of action would be very out of character for them.

Parody October 2nd, 2017 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EightBitz (Post 256793)
The OP of that thread was meek75, whose account seems to be gone.

The meek75 account still seems to be there for me; I found it via the Member Search and the list of members.

EightBitz October 2nd, 2017 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parody (Post 256792)
Yeah, that seemed a bit extreme. It's their site, though, as noted in the Forum Rules. :(

Sure, but their actions also set the tone of the forums. If they're going to be that oppressive with the ban hammer, they should at least say so. Usually, when they do something like this, they explain why. The only "no warning" warning I've seen is if you're being personally insulting.

If this was their doing (which I'm still not certain about), it's not just that they did it. It's that they did it with no warning and with no explanation when apparently no stated rules were broken.

If that's they tone they want to set for these forums, that's seriously disappointing.

EightBitz October 2nd, 2017 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parody (Post 256795)
The meek75 account still seems to be there for me; I found it via the Member Search and the list of members.

Well that's kinda weird. Earlier, it was telling me the user couldn't be found.