Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Hero Lab Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Herolab for Android (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=58890)

Shalekendar November 19th, 2017 03:48 PM

Sounds like its going to be one of those stupid subscription deals. Definitely tired of waiting on these people to get this done.

Toblakai November 19th, 2017 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shalekendar (Post 258981)
Sounds like its going to be one of those stupid subscription deals. Definitely tired of waiting on these people to get this done.

Want some cheese with that?

Dareshiranu November 23rd, 2017 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steel_Wind (Post 254133)
Well, let's see.

Samsung Android phone? Check
Tablet in Landscape mode? Check

http://forums.wolflair.com/attachmen...1&d=1502609500

Looks like the answer is "yes"

So, was this screenshot from a device running HLO while connected to WiFi and thence to an internet connection? Or can it run on a mobile device when your connection is spotty? Or non-existant?

Not just for keeping track of an already designed character either, but to create a new one.

Toblakai November 23rd, 2017 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dareshiranu (Post 259256)
So, was this screenshot from a device running HLO while connected to WiFi and thence to an internet connection? Or can it run on a mobile device when your connection is spotty? Or non-existant?

Not just for keeping track of an already designed character either, but to create a new one.

A quick search of the forums will answer this question for you. (I suspect you already know the answer though)

Dareshiranu December 2nd, 2017 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toblakai (Post 259264)
A quick search of the forums will answer this question for you. (I suspect you already know the answer though)

Just thought I'd point out the obvious. At least obvious to me. I've been in many locations that I'd be tempted to use HL where either or both the WiFi or Cell service was at best spotty or non-existant.

A great many people seem to think that this isn't the case and that you can just get online whenever and wherever you wish. That has not been my experience.

That is why I forked over the dough for the HL program and most of the data files.

If I can't find an electrical outlet nearby I can carry a power pack or two and get by. I can't very well carry an internet backbone around with me.

Toblakai December 2nd, 2017 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dareshiranu (Post 259703)
Just thought I'd point out the obvious. At least obvious to me. I've been in many locations that I'd be tempted to use HL where either or both the WiFi or Cell service was at best spotty or non-existant.

A great many people seem to think that this isn't the case and that you can just get online whenever and wherever you wish. That has not been my experience.

That is why I forked over the dough for the HL program and most of the data files.

If I can't find an electrical outlet nearby I can carry a power pack or two and get by. I can't very well carry an internet backbone around with me.

Yes the internet connectivity is an issue that has been discussed ad nauseam. I can say the following:

Everywhere I have played, and still play I have access to internet.

This seems true for most people with the exception of some conventions, but that is a once a year thing for a lot of people (i.e. Gencon) and since you typically don't randomly go to conventions and will plan ahead, you can always bring a paper copy.

Farling December 3rd, 2017 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toblakai (Post 259728)
This seems true for most people with the exception of some conventions...

Until a survey is done, I don't think anyone should be making bold statements about what "most people" have or don't have.

Toblakai December 3rd, 2017 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farling (Post 259772)
Until a survey is done, I don't think anyone should be making bold statements about what "most people" have or don't have.

Too bad, I did it, I made a bold statement, sue me if you don't like it :P

Most people play at peoples homes, I have not visited someones house in the last 5 years that did not have wifi. I also have been to many gaming stores, if the gaming store didn't have wifi (haven't run into this either) my cell phone worked.

Now there will be exceptions, some people may play in the middle of pasture in the middle of the country where wifi and cell service is not available, but these will the exceptions, not the rule.

Farling December 4th, 2017 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toblakai (Post 259781)
Now there will be exceptions, some people may play in the middle of pasture in the middle of the country where wifi and cell service is not available, but these will the exceptions, not the rule.

If the wifi goes down then the entire game will be sunk until the internet is restored, easily wasting a game night.

daplunk December 4th, 2017 02:15 PM

If the wifi goes down you fail over to your mobile internet in most cases. You wouldn't even notice the down-time in every location I have ever gamed.