Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Savage Worlds (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Savage Worlds Bug Reports (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=46174)

TCArknight October 23rd, 2020 02:39 PM

My search-fu is failing me. :(

Is this an issue that's come up?

I have Natural Armor with a total defDefense of +2, Affecting Arms, Legs and Torso (thingid.armNatural with +1 to it's 1 defense) but I've added the Equipment.StackArmor tag to it and equipped an armor with a +2 defense to A, L and T.

This is the custom item:
Code:

<thing id="armReinfLngCoat" name="Reinforced Long Coat" compset="Armor">
    <fieldval field="defDefense" value="2"/>
    <tag group="ArmorLoc" tag="Torso"/>
    <tag group="ArmorLoc" tag="Legs"/>
    <tag group="ArmorLoc" tag="Arms"/>
    <tag group="ArmorType" tag="ModArmor1"/>
    </thing>

When the natural Armor (with the Equipment.StackArmor and by itself) is equipped, the Armor Value for the hero is +4, without the tag the hero has a +2.

CapedCrusader October 23rd, 2020 08:32 PM

The StackArmor tag is for those items that stack on top of normal armor. This is actually a fairly short list, not a lot of things do this.

If memory serves, Natural Armor doesn't stack with regular armor. When you add the StackArmor tag it bypasses this and adds the +2.

Is this what you are seeing?

TCArknight October 23rd, 2020 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapedCrusader (Post 291540)
The StackArmor tag is for those items that stack on top of normal armor. This is actually a fairly short list, not a lot of things do this.

If memory serves, Natural Armor doesn't stack with regular armor. When you add the StackArmor tag it bypasses this and adds the +2.

Is this what you are seeing?

This is actually to represent some form of protective covering on the skin (Subdermal Plating, Scales, etc.) that specifically stacks with Armor.

Here’s what I’m seeing (for SWADE):
1 - add Natural Armor to the hero, increase defDefense to 2
2 - Toughness with Vigor of d8: 8 (2) [2 + 4 + 2]
3 - Equip an armor with a +2 defense, Toughness: 9 (3)
* to this point, it’s working as expected
4 - Unequip other armor, add Equipment.StackArmor tag to the Natural Armor (+2)
5 - Toughness: 10 (4) [2 + 4 + 4]; herofield[acDefStack].value = 2, herofield[acDefTorso].value = 2
6 - Equip the other armor, Toughness: 11 (5) [2 + 4 + 5]; herofield[acDefStack].value = 2, herofield[acDefTorso].value = 3 (I’m guessing this is one of the +2 with half of the armor of the other)

To me, it seems like the defense of the armor with the StackArmor tag is being counted twice, in both acDefStack and acDefTorso. I haven’t experimented with multiple pieces of StackArmor, but I’m guessing it would expand the difference even more...

Does that help?
TC

CapedCrusader October 25th, 2020 10:12 AM

I'll take a look.

BilboH20s October 31st, 2020 01:19 AM

I think I found a new issue. The Bad Eyes Hindrance is giving a -2 to Notice on both Minor and Major. Minor should only be a -1.

Also, is there a way to add Glasses to the Gear list? The text for Bad Eyes says glasses negate the penalty when worn, but if they come off or break, it causes the character to become Distracted. I would assume it would also cause this Hindrance to come into play.

CapedCrusader October 31st, 2020 10:38 AM

I'll check Bad Eyes.

The switch for the Bad Eyes penalty is on the In Play tab.

BilboH20s November 1st, 2020 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapedCrusader (Post 291715)
I'll check Bad Eyes.

The switch for the Bad Eyes penalty is on the In Play tab.

I found it. Thank you!

BilboH20s November 21st, 2020 11:27 PM

I think I found another issue. When I give a character the Edge of Attractive and then try to add Very Attractive, it says I haven't met the pre-requisite yet. But the only requirement I can find is the Edge: Attractive.

CapedCrusader November 23rd, 2020 12:06 AM

OK, thanks! I'll check that, too.

drchinnock December 13th, 2020 03:29 PM

Still waiting on LWD for the SWADE updates to fix things?