Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Updated content in the CM and RW behavior (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=62449)

Vanye111 April 16th, 2019 05:08 AM

Updated content in the CM and RW behavior

So, I logged into the store and looked at my content, and noticed that there is a Last Updated date. Now, none of it is updated since the store went live, but it did get me thinking - what happens if there IS an update to something we've already purchased? Say, it gets found that there is a corrupted section of data on the server side copy, and LWD updates it. How does Realm Works handle an update in that situation?

Parody April 16th, 2019 05:44 AM

You have to download and import it again to apply the updates.

Ualaa April 16th, 2019 07:40 PM

So in the case of a Bestiary, where I've dragged each entry into my alphabetical listings (including the 3pp monsters I've added already), I'd basically have to do that again...

It seems that once you import data, you more or less want to either leave it alone (if you'll want to upload/overwrite the data with updates) or play around with it, but then keep the version you've already imported.

Exmortis April 17th, 2019 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ualaa (Post 278156)
So in the case of a Bestiary, where I've dragged each entry into my alphabetical listings (including the 3pp monsters I've added already), I'd basically have to do that again...

It seems that once you import data, you more or less want to either leave it alone (if you'll want to upload/overwrite the data with updates) or play around with it, but then keep the version you've already imported.

Not really, its all tagged behind the scenes I suspect. Rob has stated that we can do what ever we want to the data and when it updates it will update the data no matter where it is, and this indeed works.

I have all PF Bestiaries imported to my realm Telon, I then proceeded to create a Bestiary of Telon topic with a nice A B C sub-topics, and moved all entries to the proper topic. I then went back and deleted all entries I did not need (like Orcs or Goblins as Telon has their own custom baddies, well in this case player race versions). Then suddenly there was an updated version, so based on Rob's post I downloaded and imported it.

Bingo is the namo! it worked, it did not muck up, and simply updated thje topics as they lay. So that really is a nice, we can manipulate the data and still import updates to ensure we have the best possible experience.

/tip-o-the hat on this, worked like a charm. My use of RW has been re-invigorated, both my long standing and latest bug have been resolved by working with David, so I am back in the RW saddle again.

Farling April 17th, 2019 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exmortis (Post 278165)
Then suddenly there was an updated version, so based on Rob's post I downloaded and imported it.

Bingo is the namo! it worked, it did not muck up, and simply updated thje topics as they lay.

Did it reinstate the topics that you deleted?

Exmortis April 18th, 2019 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farling (Post 278192)
Did it reinstate the topics that you deleted?

Good question, and I went back after reading your question, and I did the delete after the new import.

So I am not sure, sorry for the confusion, I made alto of changes in a short period of time a well implementing David's solution so my long standing and sync issues, I got the order work. the deletions were last, right after the updated import.

I figured this out via all my backups, and their labels.