Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   skill problems (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=62055)

kurseteller January 30th, 2019 12:33 PM

skill problems

Skill don’t appear or when I manually deleted then because of the skill buttons was not working, can’t be re-added. Is there a way to manually add skills?

Mathias January 30th, 2019 02:33 PM

You've posted this in the discussion forum that's about the product as a whole, so I'm afraid we don't know which game system you're asking about.

kurseteller January 30th, 2019 07:56 PM

Sorry, I was posting in a hurry. I have hero lab on IPAD mini 4, with latest update. Mods, please move the post to the right place. Thank you.

Duggan January 31st, 2019 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kurseteller (Post 275469)
Sorry, I was posting in a hurry. I have hero lab on IPAD mini 4, with latest update. Mods, please move the post to the right place. Thank you.

:) And which game would that be?

Mathias January 31st, 2019 07:13 AM

If it's on an iPad, that's narrowed it down to either Pathfinder or 5e.

kurseteller February 1st, 2019 01:05 AM

It’s pathfinder. I’ve been at work for the last 2 days so I couldn’t answer.

kurseteller February 1st, 2019 03:52 PM

It is pathfinder. Sorry for the delay, I just got off from work.

Mathias February 1st, 2019 04:36 PM

Please give us more detail as to how to reproduce this issue. I'm taking a look at Pathfinder on my iPad, and I'm not sure what steps I should do in order to see the same thing you're seeing.

At the top of the skills tab, it says "Additional Skills - 0 of 2 (2 left) skill points used" in a yellow-tinted button, and if I click on that button, I can add craft, knowledge, perform and profession skills to my character, and then if I add one of those, I can move my finger right-to-left across that skill to reveal a Delete button, but that same skill is available to add again.

kurseteller February 2nd, 2019 05:21 PM

My problems started with skills that I couldn’t add or subtract levels. I deleted the skills so I could add then again. When I looked to add them again, they were gone.

Duggan February 2nd, 2019 05:23 PM

Could you post your portfolio file? That may help troubleshoot the problem.

kurseteller February 2nd, 2019 09:35 PM

It Here is the link to my google drive.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wPo...w?usp=drivesdk

It’s named Silent Twinblade, I’m trying out various Mythic, gestalt, and templates with him.

Thank you.

Dami February 3rd, 2019 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kurseteller (Post 275528)
It Here is the link to my google drive.

That requires both a Google/gmail account to sign in AND you need to then give permission. It will be so much easier if you attach a copy of the portfolio to a forum post so that people can see what is happening. Or send a copy of the portfolio to support with a description of your problem.

kurseteller February 3rd, 2019 03:08 PM

Okay. I’m working from mi IPAD and Iphone right now. I’ll copy paste from my PC next.

kurseteller February 4th, 2019 11:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my character. Sorry it took so long. Thank you.

Dami February 5th, 2019 02:46 AM

I loaded your file and I don't see any skills missing. I can add/remove skill ranks without a problem. What skills did you remove? Can you put them back by clicking on "Add Craft, Knowledge, Perform & Profession Skills" at the bottom of the skills? (Those are the only skills you should be able to delete.)
I don't have all the sources you do, and you have so many active its possible that some of them don't work properly with each other. I'd send a copy of your por file to support, and include details as to what problems you are having.

Mathias February 5th, 2019 08:15 AM

Next time you're reporting a bug, please make sure that in your initial report, you include major ways you've changed the way the system you're using works. In this case, you have the "Background Skills" rules from Pathfinder Unchained active, so that changes the way the skills are being handled by the program - it means that there are two different skill tables, and different skills belong on each table.

One thing I do see - knowledge (religion) and knowledge (nobility) are on your background skills table, entered by adding knowledge (other) and then renaming it. Knowledge (religion) should be an adventuring skill, not a background skill, and there's a real version of knowledge (nobility) that you can select on the background skills table, instead of using knowledge (other).

But in order to know what bug you're encountering, you'll need to be specific about what skill you were working with - what did you delete, and then couldn't add back in?

And one thing you can check for yourself - did you perhaps delete the skill from the adventuring skills list, and now, you'll need to add it back in on the background skills list? That might be the case if you started working on your character, and then turned on the background skill rules - some skills that belong in background might already have been present in adventuring.