Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Scripts not working for custom Armor (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=10072)

Lawful_g April 3rd, 2010 12:15 PM

Scripts not working for custom Armor

Eval scripts I have added to armor does not work when I add a magical, masterwork, or otherwise non-normal version of the armor. Is this an error, or is there just something I need to add to scripts for it to be used when customized?

Mathias April 5th, 2010 02:24 PM

Here's a change I had to make for the Pathfinder version of the sawtooth sabre that I haven't gotten into d20 yet:

So, you can see the test for whether it's a custom/magic weapon, and then the alterations to the real thing. The same methods would apply to armor, as well.

Code:

~ If we have exotic weapon proficiency for this weapon, we're Light
if (tagis[Helper.ExoticProf] <> 0) then
  perform delete[wClass.OneHanded]
  perform assign[wClass.Light]
  endif
~if we're a custom/magic weapon, we need to alter our parent, too
if (container.ishero = 0) then
  if (container.parent.tagis[Helper.ExoticProf] <> 0) then
    perform container.parent.delete[wClass.OneHanded]
    perform container.parent.assign[wClass.Light]
    endif
  endif

Lawful_g April 12th, 2010 07:44 AM

Thanks a lot, that took care of most of my issues, except this last one. How would you make a bootstrap on the normal armor also show up on the masterwork/custom version?

Mathias April 12th, 2010 08:38 AM

It isn't showing up? I would expect it to.

Or are you trying to have the ability only show up when equipped?

If not, I think you may be stuck making specific weapons for each version you'll need in play.

Since there are no normal armor or weapons with special abilities in the main book, and everything in the various sourcebooks that I've seen could be covered by text on the armor/weapon, the need for things to work like this wasn't taken into account.

Lawful_g April 12th, 2010 11:14 AM

It's not essential, I just added a special to Interlocking plate to remind the player when equipped that the ac bonus increases by 2 when they move 5 feet or less.

Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer October 19th, 2011 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathias (Post 37659)
It isn't showing up? I would expect it to.

Or are you trying to have the ability only show up when equipped?

If not, I think you may be stuck making specific weapons for each version you'll need in play.

Since there are no normal armor or weapons with special abilities in the main book, and everything in the various sourcebooks that I've seen could be covered by text on the armor/weapon, the need for things to work like this wasn't taken into account.

Apologies for reviving such an old thread but it seemed the most closely related.

I've noticed that no adjustments occur when I make customized armor for my character (using the armor tab not the editor) and give it one or more special abilities (such as Balance, Bouyant, and Improved Agility) that grant skill & save bonuses when worn. :(

The only things that change when I click the checkbox from "worn" to "in my possession but not worn" are things like AC and the armor check penalty but not the skill or save values affected by the special abilities of the armor.

Will this be fixed in a future update?

Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer :)

Aaron October 20th, 2011 04:35 PM

I'd also like this to work. I'll put it on my list of things to do, but no promises it'll be done soon, there are a ton of bugs to do.

Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer October 21st, 2011 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron (Post 64270)
I'd also like this to work. I'll put it on my list of things to do, but no promises it'll be done soon, there are a ton of bugs to do.

I appreciate that. As one who has posted his fair share of bug reports,....sorry about that. :p

Glad that we are all striving for a perfect product,
Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer :)