Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Feature Requests (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Realm Works Community Wish List (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=61726)

kbs666 November 30th, 2018 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daplunk (Post 273441)
This isn't about competing or replacing your effort. This is simply an improvement over what we have. You are the only one who can edit your list. You have no way currently of representing out of that list what is the priority for the community. Why not combine with this functionality?

People can add their own wish list
People can vote on whats more important to them
The devs get more data to help them understand the community desires
No one needs to count the +1s

This is literally just a better way of capturing more useful data in a way that requires less effort.

And there's no way of combining identical features. Or separating out ridiculous ones, rewriting the entire program for no good reason, still #1.

There's a reason why having a collated list by someone who knows the program is superior. I could have done something like that but rejected it for obvious reasons.

daplunk November 30th, 2018 01:25 PM

There is actually. Happy to give you moderator access if you want to help with that.

kbs666 November 30th, 2018 02:26 PM

Nope. Already put my effort in.

Vargr December 3rd, 2018 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daplunk (Post 273421)
Love your list, but it doesn't give a good representation of what people are actually interested in seeing prioritised. Not without trawling through the comments. This clearly shows as of right now that people want Custom Calendars for example. Shock horror.

But we, the People, do want Custom Calendars...

MNBlockHead December 4th, 2018 10:21 PM

Thanks daplunk, I've long wanted LWD to have a modern feature request management system. This at least allows vote tracking. If LWD used this or a similar tool, then they could also indicate which were being looked at, actively being worked on, etc.

Forums, whether here or Facebook just are not as effective.

MNBlockHead December 4th, 2018 10:27 PM

Hmm, one think this system does not have that other similar tools have, which I find to be useful is that you are given a limited number of votes. Say 5. You can allocate all 5 to one request or vote one time for five requests. It helps indicate which features users care the most strongly about because they have limited votes and even within that limit, they can weight some features more heavily than other.

Seems like requiring a login would be helpful, but that's debatable. Some people may be turned away if they have to spend even one minute to create an account to vote. But that would also mean those who did, do care more.

EDIT

Yeah, not have a vote limit greatly decreases the value of a feature-voting site. I mean, I'll probably vote for nearly every items as something I would want. It doesn't at all capture that there are only a small number of features that I care passionately about and which I would consider switching to another product if it was comparable but had those features. Just not as useful to see most of the features have roughly the same number of votes.

If there is any way to configure this to have a vote limit and to let you spend multiple votes on one feature, I highly recommend enabling it.

daplunk December 5th, 2018 12:44 AM

I think it's a time limit not a hard limit. It stops you from throwing a vote for absolutely everything but doesn't stop you from coming back tomorrow and voting on some more. Makes it more meaningful IMO. Means people focus on the things that truly matter. I'll check the config out though. Seems like a pretty good website.

daplunk December 5th, 2018 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MNBlockHead (Post 273612)
Thanks daplunk, I've long wanted LWD to have a modern feature request management system. This at least allows vote tracking. If LWD used this or a similar tool, then they could also indicate which were being looked at, actively being worked on, etc.

Forums, whether here or Facebook just are not as effective.

It's such a simple thing that was lacking. Hopefully LWD take some form of value from it.

@LWD: It does have functionality to update things to show that they are In Progress or to mark things as not possible. So if are you interested in providing that level of value to this let me know. Figure the more we do as a community though the more time you have to code.

daplunk December 8th, 2018 02:22 PM

Calendar Crew... you just lost the lead! Panic! Unite! Defeat the other ideas!

ErinRigh December 9th, 2018 09:09 AM

@LWD, this thread could use a sticky too