Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - User Projects (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   GenCon 2013!!! (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=45009)

ShadowChemosh July 22nd, 2013 03:22 PM

GenCon 2013!!!

So I am excited that I will get to GenCon this year which is my first in a very very long time. So out of curiosity is anyone else from here going to be going? I assume Cheifweasel will still be going as he has a stall and I know the LW guys will be going. Be great to meet them face to face for the first time. :)

Any of the pathfinder Editors going (ie Frumple, AncientOne, Sendric, TCArknight, RavenX, Poizon37, Frodie, bodrin....)???

If your going does anyone feel like getting together for a drink or something. Got to you warn you I am heavy drinker of "water" these days. ;)

RavenX July 22nd, 2013 03:43 PM

Considering I have no car, and can not afford airfare, much less hotel and badge costs, I can say at this point, no I won't be in attendance this year. I don't have the resources to get there and most of my friends actually quit going the year after WotC pushed 4th edition on people at the convention. Just about everyone I knew that attended rpga events quit going after that, so unless I can furnish my own ride up there, not happening. I'm stuck where I am in Virginia, and will likely be minding the forum boards while the rest of the wolf pack is at the convention.

RavenX July 22nd, 2013 03:50 PM

That having been said, I am not going to tolerate board trolls while the pack is at the convention, I am one person and cannot be here 24/7 responding to each and every post people leave. I have my own life and gaming events to run on the weekends, so I won't be on the forum a lot. I just find it real convenient that during convention time I see angry trolls posting up here.

EberronKnight July 22nd, 2013 07:30 PM

*deleted*

bodrin July 23rd, 2013 12:59 AM

I'm afraid I won't be attending. :(

It would be great to meet everyone in person though maybe one year I'll be able to make it, once the kids are gone and the wife hasn't planned anything. ;)

I'm UK based and just can't afford the airfare. My last GenCon was 1996 when Magic the Gathering was taking over ALL the demo tables. I make some of the little game weekend conventions here but nothing as big as GenCon.

Lord Magus July 23rd, 2013 04:11 AM

I was there last summer, but unfortunately won't make it this year. One of my friends (who happens to be the Quebec City PFS VC) should be there though. He's very much into HeroLab and will be around the LW booth and possibly attending seminars.

risner July 23rd, 2013 05:16 AM

I'll be there Tues night and leave around 6 pm Sunday.

I've got a crazy full schedule tho, so here are my free times:
Fri 5-7
Sat 8a-11a
Sun 3-6
Thu 6-9

chiefweasel July 23rd, 2013 09:27 AM

I will be there. I arrive via plane on Tueaday night and leave out late Sunday night. You can find me all day in the ConQuest booth in the main hallway outside the exhibit hall. Everyone is welcome to stop by and say hi. I might even be able to grab a drink some night.

Hey RavenX, you should have said something, I am coming in from northern VA myself.

RavenX July 23rd, 2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefweasel (Post 161408)
Hey RavenX, you should have said something, I am coming in from northern VA myself.

NoVa is a 3 hour drive from where I live. I'm about 40 miles from civilization in southeast VA.

Aaron July 23rd, 2013 09:57 AM

I'll be there. I think I should be free in the evenings after the exhibition hall is closed, except on Sunday.