Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Improved Character Sheet (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=65143)

mastratton November 26th, 2020 05:06 PM

Improved Character Sheet

Is there anyway we can get an improved character sheet? I find the sheet to be terrible. It doesn’t print the actual ability scores but only the bonus (and sometimes, it’s important to know the score itself.). And that’s just one example. The layout is crude, and is essentially the same sheet as the basic one in HL Classic. And it just looks horrible. HLO is a long way from HLC - I would expect it could have a better character sheet.

Is there a way to get an output similar to the actual PF2 character sheet? Is it possible to allow people to design their own sheets, like they could for HL Classic for pathfinder?

I can’t always play using the tool online, so I always make sure to have a physical printout of the sheet, but it’s honestly not helpful to me.

marroon69 November 27th, 2020 01:06 PM

Yes please

charlieluce November 27th, 2020 01:40 PM

Now that character data can be exported in JSON format, there's nothing stopping someone from writing an application to take a character's data file and generate a custom character sheet.

mastratton November 27th, 2020 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlieluce (Post 292107)
Now that character data can be exported in JSON format, there's nothing stopping someone from writing an application to take a character's data file and generate a custom character sheet.

I hope that someone does - that’s well beyond any technical skill that I have.

Parody November 27th, 2020 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mastratton (Post 292083)
It doesn’t print the actual ability scores but only the bonus (and sometimes, it’s important to know the score itself.).

They're in a box on the right of the bonuses, in small print. I can't recall ever needing them during a play session of PF2, but I hadn't played a ton before the pandemic restrictions. (IIRC, my highest character is 3rd level.)

Anyway, I'm sure some folks will put together a character sheet that you like better before too long.

WatersLethe November 29th, 2020 03:41 PM

They had a pretty great character sheet output for Starfinder at the start, but at some point I guess someone was belly aching about wanting something more like the HLC sheet and so they got rid of their handy printout which was customizable and modular.

Dior March 6th, 2021 03:10 PM

Has anyone created improved character sheets , perhaps looking like the PF2 sheet?
can not seem to find any thing and i do not know how to make one using the JSON output.