Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Hero Lab Online Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Text Formatting? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=64150)

Sjmarshall April 4th, 2020 12:00 PM

Text Formatting?

Has anyone found a way to format the text in Journal entries, or any other long text field? I've tried using HTML tags, but they aren't being recognized. I'm just trying to do simple things like bold, underline, breaks, bullets.

rob April 4th, 2020 12:32 PM

This is on the todo list but not yet implemented.

Jamz April 5th, 2020 08:22 AM

Hopefully markdown will be an option for formatting...

Sjmarshall April 5th, 2020 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob (Post 287568)
This is on the todo list but not yet implemented.

Thanks Rob!

Joe April 9th, 2020 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamz (Post 287580)
Hopefully markdown will be an option for formatting...

This is part of the problem, different people will want different formatting options, and that makes the solution more complicated. It's also a weighty decision because once we decide on something, and people start entering in formatted text, we're basically stuck with what our decision is til the end of time (because converting formatted text in a reliable way between different formats SUCKS....)

flyteach April 9th, 2020 04:21 PM

Before we get formatting, could we get them to be in date order?

rob April 9th, 2020 04:25 PM

I thought they WERE in reverse chronological order. I'll check with the team on that.

bruuuuuu April 9th, 2020 05:44 PM

Would it be possible to have a selector for the type of markup/down/formatting being used, or an option that can be set in the user-level settings? Is that an option, or do I not understand the complexity of the problem?

It would eliminate the problem of having to convert between formatting types, at least somewhat.

Parody April 10th, 2020 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruuuuuu (Post 287708)
It would eliminate the problem of having to convert between formatting types, at least somewhat.

What happens to the user's existing characters when they change the option?

flyteach April 10th, 2020 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob (Post 287705)
I thought they WERE in reverse chronological order. I'll check with the team on that.

They aren't. In fact, if anything, they are in almost chronological order (oldest at top). Except, that it also seems to be sorting on characters in the date string, not an actual date. I.e., 11/27/18 is before 8/1/18. Also, it does not reorder by date or title (which I was told the second time I submitted a bug also works). I've exchanged multiple emails after submitting bugs, but it's still broke.