Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Bug Reports - Version 3.14 (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=6773)

Bishop37 March 12th, 2007 11:25 AM

Bug Reports - Version 3.14

I was playing around with the updated data sets last night and I noticed that the Handy Haversack magic item was not treated as a container. I did not check to see if any of the other container magic items were affected (Bags of Holding, whatever the SRD version of the Quiver of Ehlonna is called), but I suspect they may be non-functional as well.

Rob

rob March 12th, 2007 01:14 PM

Error (1.0i): Handy Haversack not a container

At 12:25 PM 3/12/2007, you wrote:
Quote:

I was playing around with the updated data sets last night and I noticed that the Handy Haversack magic item was not treated as a container. I did not check to see if any of the other container magic items were affected (Bags of Holding, whatever the SRD version of the Quiver of Ehlonna is called), but I suspect they may be non-functional as well.
Bags of Holding are definitely working, complete with the contents weight not being propagated upwards. However, it appears that the Handy Haversack and Efficient Quiver were overlooked as containers. That's easily fixed, so we'll get it sorted out for the next update, which is targeted for the end of this week.

Thanks for flagging these oversights to us!!!

-Rob

Mathias June 16th, 2010 03:35 PM

Bug reports - Version 3.8

(a thread to collect all the bug reports for the 3.8 version of the d20 files, released June 16th, 2010)

TCArknight June 20th, 2010 03:36 PM

Spirited Charge - unique key is 'f'

Mathias June 21st, 2010 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCArknight (Post 40139)
Spirited Charge - unique key is 'f'

This is an error that can't be fixed without wrecking any character who's taken spirited charge.

Lawful_g June 24th, 2010 11:32 PM

The race Fiendish Dire Rat is not granting Darkvision but it should.

DthShdw June 30th, 2010 01:28 PM

The Optional rule setting for Free Upbringing Feat doesn't seem to actually be doing anything. Possibility: The script is counting a race given or class given bonus feat as the upbringing feat by mistake?

Mathias June 30th, 2010 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DthShdw (Post 40633)
The Optional rule setting for Free Upbringing Feat doesn't seem to actually be doing anything. Possibility: The script is counting a race given or class given bonus feat as the upbringing feat by mistake?

The only feats marked as upbringing feats are within the Rise of the Runelords adventure path - they were presented in the player's guide for that adventure path.

The rule DOES NOT give everyone a free feat.

DthShdw June 30th, 2010 07:56 PM

Ah, okay. Not familiar with the Pathfinder Adventure Paths. My current gaming group does occasionally use the concept of an 'upbringing feat' depending on the campaign being played.

Thanks for the info though, I'll have to do a bit more research on that. :)

Sendric July 28th, 2010 06:46 AM

When creating a character using the Psionic Fist prestige class, I am unable to select new Powers. When I click on the link to add powers, I receive the message "Nothing to choose from!"

asvaldson July 30th, 2010 01:46 AM

Wizard specialty schools doesn't give an option to not specialize, and it tries to make diviners choose two forbidden schools when they only have to take one.

Mathias July 30th, 2010 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asvaldson (Post 41993)
Wizard specialty schools doesn't give an option to not specialize, and it tries to make diviners choose two forbidden schools when they only have to take one.

The color may remain yellow, but there's no validation error reported when you haven't specialized, so just ignore the color and continue building your character.

I'm afraid I can't duplicate the diviner error you're reporting. Selecting the Diviner specialty school reduces the number of forbidden schools required from 2 to 1.

Mathias July 30th, 2010 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 41889)
When creating a character using the Psionic Fist prestige class, I am unable to select new Powers. When I click on the link to add powers, I receive the message "Nothing to choose from!"

I've put this on my to-do list. Thanks for the report.

This is now fixed in the next update.

Mathias July 30th, 2010 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lawful_g (Post 40371)
The race Fiendish Dire Rat is not granting Darkvision but it should.

Fixed in the next update, thanks for the report.

Sendric July 30th, 2010 11:32 AM

When applying the Size Category adjustment (either temporary or permanent), the damage dice for Unarmed Strike and Natural Attacks (such as claw and bite) are not increased. The increased damage dice is applied to ranged and melee weapons. In addition, Unarmed Strike is listed as not being usable because it's "too small" after you apply the adjustment (same for flurry of blows).

Sendric July 30th, 2010 11:36 AM

Not sure if this is a bug or working as intended, but when applying the Half-Dragon template there is no way to choose which dragon type (which affects breath weapon, immunities and alignment). Also, if you apply this template to a base creature that already has claw and/or bite attacks, the weapon tab lists the attacks for both. For instance, applying this template to a troll causes the weapon tab to list claw (half-dragon template) and claw (troll). It does the same thing for bite, resulting in four natural attacks being listed in the weapon tab. In theory, it should list only that which has greater damage dice.

Sendric August 3rd, 2010 06:32 AM

When selecting spells for an Assassin, there are 1969 items available. Many spells are listed multiple times as it seems to draw from multiple spell lists (sor, wiz, clr, adept, etc).

Lawful_g August 6th, 2010 10:26 AM

Drow elves are not getting their racial spell like abilities.

Lawful_g August 13th, 2010 06:23 AM

The Blackguard prestige class is assigning a Hero.TurnUndead tag at 1st level, although they do not get the ability to Turn until 3rd level.

risner August 26th, 2010 10:07 PM

Druidic Avenger seems to not have any scripting to subtract 4 from Wild Empathy.

I also can't seem to find any way to see the value of Wild Empathy in game?

I tried to make a "Replace Thing Id" fix, but it doesn't seem to fix it.

<thing id="cUADAWE" name="Druidic Avenger&apos;s Wild Empathy -4" description= "Your Wild Empathy checks are at -4." compset="ClSpecial" replaces="cAveEmpath">
<usesource source="Arcana" name="Open Content from Unearthed Arcana"/>
<tag group="Helper" tag="SpecUp" name="SpecUp" abbrev="SpecUp"/>
<tag group="SpecSource" tag="cHelpDrd" name="Druid" abbrev="Druid"/>
<tag group="ClSpecWhen" tag="1" name="1" abbrev="1"/>
<eval phase="PostLevel" priority="10000"><![CDATA[hero.childfound[cUADAWE].field[hTotal].value -= 4

field[livename].text = "Wild Empathy: " & hero.childfound[cUADAWE].field[hTotal].value]]></eval>
</thing>

risner September 19th, 2010 11:34 AM

I'm still trying to fix a bug in Wild Empathy data. It doesn't display the bonus, so things like Druidic Avenger (which has a -4) is not noted.

I am currently tried to fix this by adding an adjustment, but it won't change the name.

I added this code:
Code:

<thing id="pFixWELU" name="Fix Wild Empath to live update" description="Fixup
Wild Empath to display a special." compset="InPlay" summary="Update Wild Empathy
 for Druidic Avenger">
    <tag group="Helper" tag="NoIncr" name="NoIncr" abbrev="NoIncr"/>
    <eval phase="Render" priority="10001"><![CDATA[var levs as number

~ If we're not enabled, get out now
doneif (field[pIsOn].value = 0)

~ Calculate Wild Empathy 1d20 + Druid Level + CHA mod
if (hero.childfound[cDrdWildE].field[xExtraLev].value <> 0) then
    levs = hero.childfound[cDrdWildE].field[xExtraLev].value + hero.childfound[
cDrdWildE].field[xTotalLev].value
    if (hero.childfound[varDruAven].field[cvLevel].value <> 0) then
          levs += -4
    endif
    hero.childfound[cDrdWildE].field[livename].text = "Hi " & levs
endif]]></eval>
    </thing>

Please help, it's been weeks since the last post.

risner September 19th, 2010 01:37 PM

Ok more work, mostly working finally.

Code:

<thing id="pFixWELU" name="Fix Wild Empath to live update" description="Fixup
Wild Empath to display a special." compset="InPlay" summary="Update Wild Empathy
 for Druidic Avenger">
    <tag group="Helper" tag="NoIncr" name="NoIncr" abbrev="NoIncr"/>
    <eval phase="Render" priority="1"><![CDATA[~ If we're not enabled, get out n
ow
doneif (field[pIsOn].value = 0)

var debugme as number
debugme = 1

var levs as number

if (debugme <> 0) then
    debug "Enabled debug on Fix Wild Empathy"
endif

~ Calculate Wild Empathy 1d20 + Druid Level + CHA mod
if (hero.childfound[cDrdWildE].field[xTotalLev].value <> 0) then
    levs = hero.childfound[cDrdWildE].field[xExtraLev].value + hero.childfound[
cDrdWildE].field[xTotalLev].value + hero.childfound[aCHA].field[aBonus].value
    if (debugme <> 0) then
          debug "Wild Empathy found levs=" & levs
    endif
    if (hero.tagis[ClassVary.varDruAven] <> 0) then
          levs -= 4
          if (debugme <> 0) then
              debug "Druid Avenger found levs=" & levs
          endif
    endif
    if (hero.childfound[ioSkinKale].field[gIsEquip].value <> 0) then
          levs -= 6
          if (debugme <> 0) then
              debug "Druid Avenger found levs=" & levs
          endif
    endif
    var pm as string
    if (levs >= 0) then
          pm = " +"
    else
          pm = " "
    endif
    hero.childfound[cDrdWildE].field[livename].text = hero.childfound[cDrdWildE
].field[thingname].text & " 1d20" & pm & levs
    if (debugme <> 0) then
          debug "livename changed for Wild Empathy"
    endif
endif]]></eval>
    </thing>

I'm not sure how to modify Wild Empathy to apply an item's -6 penalty. When I put negative levels in xExtraLevs (to offset it) HL stops displaying Wild Empathy. Any fix for that? Otherwise I detected if the item is being worn, and if so apply in my fix the -6 penalty.

Golkiwu September 23rd, 2010 04:52 PM

I would like to request the same custom magic Item selections as in the Pathfinder hero Lab. I see there is an "Add Custom Scroll" but no other "Add Custom xxxxxxx" like potions, wands and the like.

Thanks!

Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer September 23rd, 2010 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golkiwu (Post 44897)
I would like to request the same custom magic Item selections as in the Pathfinder hero Lab. I see there is an "Add Custom Scroll" but no other "Add Custom xxxxxxx" like potions, wands and the like.

Thanks!

I've had to "make due" with using the editor for creating wands and gems ( gems being much lighter than carrying around all those coins. ;) ) so I agree with you, it would be so much nicer to just be able to click on a "Add Custom Item" and then perhaps select scroll, wand, rod, staff, amulet, etc. from a drop-down list akin to what one does when making a magical weapon.

Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer.

tkarn October 3rd, 2010 07:56 PM

If you create a new variant class,its not possible to select -None- forthe Will-Save.

Lawful_g October 6th, 2010 06:25 PM

In trying to answer someone's question on the forums I have found that monster classes are broken now. I made a test class and got the following error. Same error for all previously made classes.

Attempt to access field 'cSpellExpr' that does not exist for thing 'rPsueTest'
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'Totals' (Eval Script '#6') near line 7
- - -
Attempt to access field 'cSplBkExpr' that does not exist for thing 'rPsueTest'
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'Totals' (Eval Script '#6') near line 8
- - -
Attempt to access field 'cSplScExpr' that does not exist for thing 'rPsueTest'
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'Totals' (Eval Script '#6') near line 9

Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer October 8th, 2010 09:39 AM

I don't know if anyone else has encountered this error: " Condition test for thing 'cWlrEndHlp' (PostLevel/10000) is after its bootstraps (PostLevel/10000) " but here's what I'm told by one of my fellow players who uses Hero Lab:

The procedure used:

Start Hero Lab
Select game system. In this case I selected the d20 system.
The error message appears and I select the OK button.
The game appears to load properly from there.

Any insight what he needs to do to fix this, if anything, would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer

Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer October 8th, 2010 10:06 AM

Also, I've found a glitch when you select the javelin as a custom magic weapon, in this case a +1 Javelin with the extra enhancement of 'Returning'.

A regular javelin correctly applies a -4 to the Melee Attack scores as per the weapon's description however, the above described magical version does not factor in the penalty.

Mathias October 8th, 2010 10:10 AM

I don't recognize the Wlr abbreviation as being for any classes from the standard SRD data files. First, try removing all the .user files you've added, and see if the problem goes away (just move them out of the folder).

If that's the case, can you identify which class Wlr is?

Once you have identified it, open the d20 files, then move all your files back in. Now, open the editor, and open the class in question.

Look through the bootstraps on that class, do any have a Condition set? Check the timing of that condition - First/500 is the only timing that should be used on conditions without a very good reason. I'm guessing that a bootstrap was added with a condition, and the condition was set to a late timing.

Once you've changed that timing, save and leave the editor without testing the changes, press ctrl-r for a quick reload (so that the whole set of user files are added together), and see if that fixed the error.

Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer October 8th, 2010 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathias (Post 45639)
I don't recognize the Wlr abbreviation as being for any classes from the standard SRD data files. First, try removing all the .user files you've added, and see if the problem goes away (just move them out of the folder).

If that's the case, can you identify which class Wlr is?

Once you have identified it, open the d20 files, then move all your files back in. Now, open the editor, and open the class in question.

Look through the bootstraps on that class, do any have a Condition set? Check the timing of that condition - First/500 is the only timing that should be used on conditions without a very good reason. I'm guessing that a bootstrap was added with a condition, and the condition was set to a late timing.

Once you've changed that timing, save and leave the editor without testing the changes, press ctrl-r for a quick reload (so that the whole set of user files are added together), and see if that fixed the error.

Thanks Mathias,

I've passed your reply along to my fellow player. Hopefully it'll solve his problem.

Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer :)

Sendric October 12th, 2010 10:01 AM

Amulet of Mighty Fists should add damage to natural weapons as well as unarmed attacks. At the moment, it only adds to unarmed attacks.

Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer October 14th, 2010 08:45 PM

Thrown Weapons and the Feat: Far Shot

The Feat: Far Shot increases the range increment of a projectile weapon, such as a bow, by a multiple of 1.5 and for a thrown weapon the range increment should be increased by a multiple of 2.

For the Net and Javelin specifically, and I suspect other thrown weapons as well, HL is using the projectile muliplier when it should be using the thrown multiplier (x2).

Keep up the good work,

Sendric October 21st, 2010 08:37 AM

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but while entering Powers from Complete Psionic, I discovered that if you set the Psion Discipline to 'None' rather than '- None -' it will appear on the Wilder power list even if its set to Psion...this created duplicate entries in the Wilder power list which is why I noticed it.

Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer November 1st, 2010 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer (Post 45939)
The Feat: Far Shot increases the range increment of a projectile weapon, such as a bow, by a multiple of 1.5 and for a thrown weapon the range increment should be increased by a multiple of 2.

For the Net and Javelin specifically, and I suspect other thrown weapons as well, HL is using the projectile muliplier when it should be using the thrown weapon multiplier (x2).

Keep up the good work,

Hi Mathias,

Since you are reading/responding to postings I was wondering if this will be fixed in the next update? :)

& is there another update in the works?

Thanks in advance,

Lawful_g November 6th, 2010 05:02 AM

Badger and Dire Badger are missing their Burrow Speeds.... I looked at them in the editor, both have xBurrow bootstrapped and a Value tag, but neither is being shown because the Value field is 0 (according to looking in the HL "Show Selection Fields")....

Both of these are very old. I suspect maybe something changed in the timing from when they were first added to now. You might want to look at any other old monsters with burrow or other speeds.

Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer November 7th, 2010 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer (Post 45638)
Also, I've found a glitch when you select the javelin as a custom magic weapon, in this case a +1 Javelin with the extra enhancement of 'Returning'.

A regular javelin correctly applies a -4 to the Melee Attack scores as per the weapon's description however, the above described magical version does not factor in the penalty.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer

For the Net and Javelin specifically, and I suspect other thrown weapons as well, HL is using the projectile muliplier when it should be using the thrown weapon multiplier (x2).

Another weapon-related glitch to add to the javelin one above and my earlier report about the Feat 'Far Shot' not working properly with weapons that are thrown. I'm sure you guys haven't forgotten and that those will be fixed in the next update. ;)

My Paladin has a magical longsword in his primary hand and magical shortsword in his off-hand. He does not have the Two Weapon Fighting Feat. The appropriate check boxes have been checked.

While the proper penalties for "to hit" and the "number of attacks: three for primary hand and one for the off-hand weapon" are being displayed on screen, they are not being reflected on the printed character sheet. The PDF, print preview & actual printed character sheet all still show three attacks at full value for both weapons.

Hoping this is in time to be added to the next update,

ShadowChemosh November 7th, 2010 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer (Post 47037)
My Paladin has a magical longsword in his primary hand and magical shortsword in his off-hand. He does not have the Two Weapon Fighting Feat. The appropriate check boxes have been checked.

While the proper penalties for "to hit" and the "number of attacks: three for primary hand and one for the off-hand weapon" are being displayed on screen, they are not being reflected on the printed character sheet. The PDF, print preview & actual printed character sheet all still show three attacks at full value for both weapons.

If you don't have TWF feat the only way to have HL print the TWF attacks is to check mark "Always Print 2-Weapon Attacks". This is at the bottom of Configure Your Hero under "Output Options".

Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer November 7th, 2010 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 47038)
If you don't have TWF feat the only way to have HL print the TWF attacks is to check mark "Always Print 2-Weapon Attacks". This is at the bottom of Configure Your Hero under "Output Options".

Well, what do you know about that...it does. Of course, it shows all possible combinations. Wonder why the software doesn't just "look" to see if the weapon that has the off-hand box checked is the same weight category as the primary weapon, a greater weight or a Light weapon and then just display the applicable values. I guess it's so you'll have all of the numbers just in case you play "mix & match" partway through the game.

Thanks for pointing it out. :)

I'll now go back to holding my breath on the matters of the javelin penalty not being applied if the javelin is magical, that the correct muliplier being used for thrown weapons when a character has the Far Shot Feat and my ancient complaint about magical horseshoes & mounts wielding weapons. ;)

OgrePuppy November 9th, 2010 12:44 PM

Ranger level 5 with a Wisdom of 17 (+3 bonus), but I'm only being allowed 1 spell.

(I chose 4 levels Ranger, 5 levels of a PrC, and then 1 additional level of Ranger, if that makes any difference in troubleshooting.)

Let me know if you need additional info.

OgrePuppy November 9th, 2010 12:58 PM

I created an animal companion (a hawk). Decided I wanted to choose a different animal type.

Deleted the companion. Pressed the "Chose an animal companion" button and the same animal (the hawk) appeared again. I cannot get rid of this damn hawk now. :)

Let me know if you need additional info.