Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   So I broke it already (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=57392)

Agyess January 13th, 2017 11:32 PM

So I broke it already

I can't Import one of my own realms to a new realm because it doesn't recognize the game system that the original is made from. Even the system neutral and other both fail.

The following errors were encountered during import:

Encountered validation error for the import XML: The 'text_role' attribute is invalid - The value 'Abbreviation' is invalid according to its datatype 'urn:lonewolfdevel.com:realm-works-export:text_role' - The Enumeration constraint failed.

Cannot assign domain from different game system

daplunk January 13th, 2017 11:44 PM

Make sure you submit the crash report and log a fault.

rob January 14th, 2017 12:04 AM

Please open a support case. If possible, send us a copy of your database and details on which realm you exported and were then importing into. If that's not possible, at least send us your import file. You can provide us with a link to these items within the tech support case. We'll take a look and strive to isolate the problem, then get a fix out for it.

rob January 14th, 2017 12:06 AM

Also, it sounds like you are importing material from one game system into a realm for another game system. Please try importing the same file into a realm of the original game system to verify for us that the root issue stems from the combination of import AND game system conversion together. That will help us narrow down the problem space.

Thanks!

Agyess January 14th, 2017 12:30 AM

Thats what it thinks, but i've tried every variation... my original realm doesn't seem to be any of the recognized realm types.

edit: So I tried to make a copy of the original realm (success) then tried to import the file over the top and it still errored out.

edit 2: so I found the game system conversion tool so we'll if this fixes things...

Agyess January 14th, 2017 01:33 AM

That didnt work either, bug report sent and files made available for dl

tkarn January 14th, 2017 01:36 AM

I have the same problem. My realm has the game system "Legacy". It is from the beginning, when the gamesystem was not choosable.
Now I wanted to convert it to "Other" or "Pathfinder". After 99% of converting the programm crashes. I send the automatic errorreport to you.

Agyess January 14th, 2017 01:41 AM

i converted to system neutral and the conversion seemed to work. (a few tags got changed into labeled snippets but nothing tha seemed major). But the import/export mechanic still failed.

kbs666 January 14th, 2017 02:10 AM

Crashed RW on my first experiment importing a realm.

Tried exporting my main realm, which is from when I bought RW long before there were game system specific options, which worked fine. Then tried to import into a completely empty PF realm. Crash to desktop with Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

daplunk January 14th, 2017 02:13 AM

You have to import a realm of the same system. Don't forget there is the option to change the game system in the settings of the realm.