Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Thanks! (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=54064)

Chemlak October 13th, 2015 03:28 PM

Thanks!

This is a positive thread to express thanks to the efforts made by LWD right now.

Personally, my RW is working fine, but my wife's is thoroughly scuppered. As I look at this subforum, there are a lot of people having issues, of various sorts, and I just felt that it would be a good idea to express my thanks to LWD for the update, and for their continued work trying to fix everything that's wrong since it went live.

Just as no plot survives contact with the players, no software survives contact with the users, and everyone that I've dealt with at LWD has been absolutely fantastic, quick to respond, and beyond helpful.

So, thank you for this marvellous tool, thank you for all your hard work, thank you for being engaged, and thank you for being on the ball.

ibecker October 13th, 2015 04:22 PM

Wholeheartedly +1!

Pollution October 13th, 2015 05:34 PM

YES! This and 100% this.

This is an AMAZING upgrade in my opinion.

My new favorite feature is the text snippet type (Read Aloud, Message, etc...).

It's GREAT!!!! Format it the way I want to see it, then if I want to change it at some point (poor choice of font for display, change it in the settings, it's universally fixed, this is HUGE for future feature enhancements).

I'm also digging on the True Name stuff...I can think of about 5 different uses for that in my current project (Eternal Lies). It's so cool.

This is a HUGE upgrade in an already amazing product! Let's not forget that fact when reporting our bugs (like bullets and numbers).

Lexin October 14th, 2015 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pollution (Post 217449)
My new favorite feature is the text snippet type (Read Aloud, Message, etc...).

Mine, too. That should (should!) stop me reading out the wrong bit, and stop me missing bits. Like the time I sent the party off into the wilderness without the NPC who was a major plot point....

Vargr October 14th, 2015 05:03 AM

I agree - LW is doing a great job and I look forward to using the new features.

MNBlockHead October 14th, 2015 05:14 AM

Totally agree! My favorite is the new name features.

Seregil October 14th, 2015 06:06 AM

While I haven't had the time to try any of the new features yet, I too must add my thanks for the good work. I've never seen a product where a developer, let alone the lead developer, is this available to the users.

I love the tool and it makes my life as a GM much easier. Thanks!

liz October 14th, 2015 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seregil (Post 217485)
I've never seen a product where a developer, let alone the lead developer, is this available to the users.

The development team is pretty awesome. Well, expect that Joe person... *

* In case anyone isn't aware, Joe is my husband. I'm allowed to give him crap. Pretty sure it was in the vows.

gloranphile October 14th, 2015 08:39 AM

I absolutely love what Lone Wolf has done with Realm Works, especially for a game world as expansive as mine. I remember way back when I saw the kickstarter, and I instantly fell in love with the possibilities.

Cheers and a hearty huzzah to the dev team. I have not seen the new update (still getting an error), but I'm very very excited to see what they've done based off the release notes! Keep up the good fight, folks!

Seregil October 14th, 2015 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liz (Post 217493)
The development team is pretty awesome. Well, expect that Joe person... *

* In case anyone isn't aware, Joe is my husband. I'm allowed to give him crap. Pretty sure it was in the vows.

Don't you know that marriage is a democracy? The man gets one vote and the woman gets two....