Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Hero Lab Online Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   [COMPLETED] 30Mins Planned Downtime Thursday (Feb. 20) @10AM PST (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=63912)

SteveT February 19th, 2020 10:06 PM

[COMPLETED] 30Mins Planned Downtime Thursday (Feb. 20) @10AM PST

From the announcements thread:
On Thursday morning (February 20th) at 10 AM Pacific time, we plan to take Hero Lab Online down for maintenance. We expect up to about 30 minutes of downtime, though it may be less.
UPDATE: We are delaying this maintenance until a little later today. We will post again here when we have an exact time.

UPDATE: This maintenance will proceed at 12 noon pacific.

UPDATE: This has been completed.

mwd February 20th, 2020 11:13 AM

I was surprised by the start of the maintenance just now. I am not sure if there is an announcement in HeroLab Online itself (in which case I completely missed it). So either you need to add an announcement, or make it much more obvious, for those users who do not regularly frequent the forums (like me). A 15 minutes heads-up would help us to get our things offline if needed.

And a note to the timing: 12 noon PST is 9pm CET, so high noon for European gamers (both playing and planning), and an inconvenient time to have HLO be unavailable.

talsharien February 20th, 2020 11:42 AM

I agree about the notice for dropping herolab, but with regards to the times, I suspect that it will 9 pm somewhere in the world regardless of when it drops.

dacoobob February 20th, 2020 12:34 PM

in HLO there's a small alarm-bell looking icon in the upper right of the screen (next to the Validation Report and HLO Settings buttons). that's the Notifications button, click that and it lists downtime announcements and update notifications.

Farling February 20th, 2020 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dacoobob (Post 286146)
in HLO there's a small alarm-bell looking icon in the upper right of the screen (next to the Validation Report and HLO Settings buttons). that's the Notifications button, click that and it lists downtime announcements and update notifications.

If it doesn't highlight in some way to indicate that there is an imminent shutdown then the alarm-bell icon isn't much use (from a UI point of view).

Joe February 20th, 2020 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farling (Post 286151)
If it doesn't highlight in some way to indicate that there is an imminent shutdown then the alarm-bell icon isn't much use (from a UI point of view).

We know this is a poor solution at the moment. We're discussing internally what we can do to improve it (and really, there's no shortage of ideas, just implementation time and vying for priority).