Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Mutants & Masterminds (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   (All) New updates - v1.0 / v4.3 (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=12034)

Colen December 29th, 2010 05:46 PM

New updates - v1.0 / v4.3

Hey gang,

We're closing out 2010 with updates for both M&M2 and M&M3. This update for M&M3 brings us up to 1.0 with the official release of the book - the M&M Hero's Handbook PDF is now available from Green Ronin, if you've been holding off on checking it out until now.

We've made a lot of bug fixes for both 2e and 3e, which you can check in the FAQ for those game systems. In addition, here's our list of enhancements for 3e:
  • Incorporated all errata for DCA.
  • Added the converted 2e Instant Superheroes, and update the existing 2e converted heroes - thanks Nathan K!
  • You can now choose a "Free Action" to activate an alternate form, at no change to the cost (as opposed to -1 for a Move action, etc).
  • Vehicles and HQs now have an "Alternate Of:" menu, where you can choose a vehicle to be their primary vehicle. This allows you to create vehicle / hq "utility belts".
  • Added an "Extra Ranks" option to Concealment that you can use to increase the save DC if used as an attack.

Enjoy the updates, and have a happy new year!

fillerbunny_x1 December 29th, 2010 05:58 PM

Sweet! Now to fix stuff...

Nathan K.

Flying Cobra on the Atomic Think Tank

Sketchpad December 29th, 2010 06:26 PM

Awesome ... thanks Colen and the others @ Wolf Lair for all the work you've done :) Have a great and safe New Year!

Shadowchaser December 30th, 2010 12:20 AM

Hooray! and thanks, guys!

This'll help with so many things I'm working on right now! :)

CelticREI December 30th, 2010 05:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Very awesome Colen, this fixes every bug my .por files have been having except one: When I have a Dynamic Array that has a Multiple Effects power raising the 'level' of one of the powers inside the Multiple Effects power is not noted on the powers outside the Multiple Effects power or vise-versa.

Attached is the biggest .por to demonstrate this, a version of Emma Frost I made, to see what I am meaning click the arrows to 'use' ranks in the "Hivemind" Power (the Multiple Effects power) and notice that inside Hivemind it shows how many pp of the array ye are putting toward Hivemind, but outside of Hivemind it will still state ye are using (0/63pp). It will do the same with putting pp toward the other Multiple Effects power Telepathy, and likewise when ye put pp toward the other powers they are not shown in Hivemind and Telepathy (which I now noticed I mis-spelled as Telepahy... /facepalm)

FifthWanderer December 30th, 2010 06:21 AM

Yep, time to get fixing stuff in what I've written.

Shadowchaser December 30th, 2010 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colen (Post 49710)
Hey gang,

We're closing out 2010 with updates for both M&M2 and M&M3. This update for M&M3 brings us up to 1.0 with the official release of the book - the M&M Hero's Handbook PDF is now available from Green Ronin, if you've been holding off on checking it out until now.

We've made a lot of bug fixes for both 2e and 3e, which you can check in the FAQ for those game systems. In addition, here's our list of enhancements for 3e:
  • Incorporated all errata for DCA.
  • Added the converted 2e Instant Superheroes, and update the existing 2e converted heroes - thanks Nathan K!
  • You can now choose a "Free Action" to activate an alternate form, at no change to the cost (as opposed to -1 for a Move action, etc).
  • Vehicles and HQs now have an "Alternate Of:" menu, where you can choose a vehicle to be their primary vehicle. This allows you to create vehicle / hq "utility belts".
  • Added an "Extra Ranks" option to Concealment that you can use to increase the save DC if used as an attack.

Enjoy the updates, and have a happy new year!

Quick question, Colen: You mention 'the FAQ for those game systems' in your post. Could you provide a link to those FAQs? I'd like to see what bugs and changes were made in the latest update for 3E, if possible. :)

Thanks again for all your hard work!

EDIT- Nevermind, found the link in the 'Help' drop-down of the program. Funny how helpful you guys are when I'm not looking for it. :)

atlarman December 31st, 2010 07:02 AM

Thank you....having minor issues still

First off- thanks so much for the hard work on the udates as always

I am however not seeing the alt HQ options you mentioned (@ least in 2e havent tried3e yet) i do however think the correct Cost is refected in the heros over all pp total- as adding two more HQs only increased hero pp total by 6-however theres nothing to indicate primary or alt hq in the portfolio or the output sheets also on the output sheets the HQs all still show the full cost in the points spent section of each HQ (10 /15 respectively)

Is this still a bug or am i doing something wrong??:confused:

EDIT: ok, my baad i found it in 3E..... but really colen when you guys have time the alternate HQ/VEHICLE thing needs to be brought to the 2e files as well- it was listed as a gm opition even in 2e.....and its a fix ive been needing for months now.

Woodclaw December 31st, 2010 10:25 AM

Another little thing. I noticed a couple of times that the HQ features should be all unique (since they represent an undefined number of elements) but those from the core book aren't.

atlarman January 2nd, 2011 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atlarman (Post 49780)
First off- thanks so much for the hard work on the udates as always

I am however not seeing the alt HQ options you mentioned (@ least in 2e havent tried3e yet) i do however think the correct Cost is refected in the heros over all pp total- as adding two more HQs only increased hero pp total by 6-however theres nothing to indicate primary or alt hq in the portfolio or the output sheets also on the output sheets the HQs all still show the full cost in the points spent section of each HQ (10 /15 respectively)

Is this still a bug or am i doing something wrong??:confused:

EDIT: ok, my baad i found it in 3E..... but really colen when you guys have time the alternate HQ/VEHICLE thing needs to be brought to the 2e files as well- it was listed as a gm opition even in 2e.....and its a fix ive been needing for months now.

bumpiing this up.