Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Text Limit in Storyboard Plot Details? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=56224)

weogarth January 10th, 2019 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbs666 (Post 274828)
It's been mentioned before but it's a rather large number.

OK, well, my stuff is lengthy but it's all text and I can't imagine it's over 5k total.

I would guess 'rather large' is larger than 5k?

kbs666 January 10th, 2019 06:14 PM

I have no idea. I just remember some one posting either here or on the discord saying about what you're saying that they created a topic with a lot of snippets and eventually they couldn't create any more.

weogarth January 11th, 2019 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbs666 (Post 274840)
I have no idea. I just remember some one posting either here or on the discord saying about what you're saying that they created a topic with a lot of snippets and eventually they couldn't create any more.

Ok thanks. Would be nice if LWD peeps chimed in about now :)

Merion January 11th, 2019 11:21 AM

I remember that too, but I think it was something like 65,535. Some databases and frameworks use the 16bit integer limit for some stuff.

Rone January 11th, 2019 02:25 PM

Hey, all!

There are several pieces to plots:

For the plot, the maximum length of a description is 1000 characters.

Same character limit for GM directions, plot nodes, and plot edge annotation.

Snippets are not explicitly limited, and there is no limit on the entire topic.

weogarth January 11th, 2019 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rone (Post 274863)
Hey, all!

There are several pieces to plots:

For the plot, the maximum length of a description is 1000 characters.

Same character limit for GM directions, plot nodes, and plot edge annotation.

Snippets are not explicitly limited, and there is no limit on the entire topic.

Thanks Rone. The category I'm working with is Locations. Can you tell me about limits there?

Farling January 11th, 2019 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weogarth (Post 274864)
Thanks Rone. The category I'm working with is Locations. Can you tell me about limits there?

A Location is a particular type of topic.

Silveras January 11th, 2019 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weogarth (Post 274864)

It may help if you post more details.

Is there an error message? Or is it that the "New Snippet" command is disabled when you try to use it? And so on.

weogarth January 11th, 2019 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silveras (Post 274868)
It may help if you post more details.

Is there an error message? Or is it that the "New Snippet" command is disabled when you try to use it? And so on.

No message, not disabled, just doesn't do the request. I put quite a few details in already.

Vargr January 15th, 2019 11:59 PM

My experience is that large snippets (and thereby large topics) become unwieldy and hard to navigate. Furthermore it slows down RW (says that guy who hasn't made the switch to 64-bit yet - but one of these days...).

I attempt to divide topics into several smaller snippets and if the topic is rather large, have sub-topics. In stead of describing the city guard's organisation in the topic of the town I would add a sub-topic with that info - or place it elsewhere entirely.

Now, back to sleep