Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Haste, Two-Weapon Fighting, and Natural Attacks (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=56178)

Jobe00 July 10th, 2016 04:10 AM

Haste, Two-Weapon Fighting, and Natural Attacks

Friday night, my Arcanist/Rogue (Unchained)/Arcane Trickster with +5 BAB and TWF cast Haste. According to Hero Lab for iPad, both my Main Hand and Off-Hand shortsword attacks got an extra attack at highest (and only) Attack Bonus.

Meanwhile, a Badger Companion with Bite and 2 Claw attacks and a Wolf Companion with only a Bite got no additional attacks.

By the rules as written, the Arcane Trickster should have only gotten an extra attack at highest bonus with the Main Hand and the Badger and Wolf should have gotten an extra Bite.

I'm going to guess Multiweapon Fighting might have the same flaw, but I haven't tested it.

Azhrei July 10th, 2016 07:18 AM

I appreciate you logging such things here as it helps to keep me up to date on what things are broken, but there's a forum sticky that describes how to file a bug report.

Thanks. :)

Mathias July 10th, 2016 09:44 AM

How can Hero Lab can know which of your weapons you want to take that extra attack with? You're allowed to take it with either. The alternatives are to show it on none of the weapons, which I know I wouldn't want - I'd want a reminder that I do have extra attacks, or to always show it on the main hand attack, but then many users wouldn't realize they had the option of taking it on the off-hand, for example, if your off-hand weapon is a material that can pierce the DR of the monster you're fighting.

Chemlak July 11th, 2016 11:31 AM

Mathias, I agree with you on the "which weapon" question, but it still doesn't change that the haste spell adjustment doesn't seem to be adding attacks to natural weapons (tested on Wolf animal companion, Wolf pulled from the encounter builder and a Pit Fiend pulled the same way.

Mathias July 11th, 2016 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chemlak (Post 231973)
Mathias, I agree with you on the "which weapon" question, but it still doesn't change that the haste spell adjustment doesn't seem to be adding attacks to natural weapons (tested on Wolf animal companion, Wolf pulled from the encounter builder and a Pit Fiend pulled the same way.

I just wanted to minimize the amount that needed to be reported as a bug.

With only 15 business days left before we leave for Gen Con, even more than usual, we want people to please report bugs using our bug tracking system. You definitely don't want your bug to be waiting on the forums for a response until we get back from Gen Con (and then have the time to get caught up on the forums again after getting caught up on everything else that's fallen behind in the Gen Con preparations). In the bug tracking system, it's logged and won't get missed, even if we can't get to it immediately.

Chemlak July 12th, 2016 06:51 AM

As a good friend of mine would say: Coolio.