Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Change Tracked Resource name of an item (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=44888)

risner July 10th, 2013 08:23 PM

Change Tracked Resource name of an item

I've got an item I'd like to have the Tracked Resource name be different than the name in the Magic tab.

But if I change livename, it changes both.

I've also tried the following and none change the same name is used for both the Magic tab and the Tracked Resource list (for example livename):

field[livename].text = "My Livename"
field[spcName].text = "My spc name"
field[CustDesc].text = "My CustDesc"
field[iCustSumm].text = "My cust summ"
field[actName].text = "My act name"
field[actName2].text = "My act2 name"
field[usrChkText].text = "My check box"
field[abText].text = "My ab text"
field[shortname].text = "My shortname"
field[actMod].text = "My actmod"

Is there any way to have an item put up a tracked resource name different than the object name?

Aaron July 10th, 2013 08:30 PM

I don't believe so.

ShadowChemosh July 10th, 2013 09:24 PM

You could bootstrap a "Tracker" Thing to the magic item and have it set to display on the "In-Play" tab instead. That way you would be able to control having two different names.

If you wanted it only to appear when the item is equipped then use a Bootstrap condition with the following at First/500:
Code:

fieldval:gIsEquip <> 0

AndrewD2 July 12th, 2013 09:24 AM

Hey Shadow I've tried that and it doesn't seem to work, when I bootstrap a tracker on to a magic item with that condition, it's disabled if equipped it seems to work right if I do = 0 instead, except that it shows up first when the item is added and doesn't disappear until you equip/unequip re-equip.

ShadowChemosh July 12th, 2013 10:01 AM

That's strange as I have stuff working with Trackers just fine using the above. By saying = 0 your saying display when NOT equipped which is the exact opposite of what you normally want to happen.

You did a "CTRL-R" after doing the bootstrap condition right not TEST NOW? Once you get into Bootstrap Conditions you can't use Test Now. YOU MUST reload the game system to make it work right.

Also DO NOT put it on a .por file as a test either until 100% working as that will also give you strange results. My guess is you didn't do "CTRL-R" so try a reload with the above code and see how it works...

AndrewD2 July 12th, 2013 10:34 AM

Yep, did a Ctrl + R, always do when bootstrapping, but I ended up modifying the shutdown statement so before it shuts down, it hides the tracker. Now just to figure out how to change the name, because modifying the shortname is not doing it.