Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Custom Class Created but not found (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=62248)

romandain March 11th, 2019 11:47 PM

Custom Class Created but not found

i apologize if this is a double post but i can not see the last one that i wrote on the forum page.

I created a custom class in the editor and saved then tested it. I got the response that i can now use this class in Hero Lab. However when i created a new portfolio/character i could not locate the class that i created. How can i add it to the existing list of classes you can choose from.

I do see the .user file that is tied to it and i can load it in the editor. i just cant find it in the lab.

Sendric March 12th, 2019 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by romandain (Post 276615)
i apologize if this is a double post but i can not see the last one that i wrote on the forum page.

I created a custom class in the editor and saved then tested it. I got the response that i can now use this class in Hero Lab. However when i created a new portfolio/character i could not locate the class that i created. How can i add it to the existing list of classes you can choose from.

I do see the .user file that is tied to it and i can load it in the editor. i just cant find it in the lab.

Did you add a source to this new class? If so, that source must be enabled in the configuration window.

Illyahr March 12th, 2019 09:24 AM

Also, did you reload the system when it prompted? Either of those could be it

romandain March 12th, 2019 05:14 PM

worked :)

Adding the sources worked. Thanks Sendric.

Question though. I created some custom class special abilities and and that process assigned a level and a class that the ability would be accessible and what classes can use it respectively.

How does that work with the Class special abilities that are in the menu already. How does HL know what level to grant those abilities to what classes (unique abilities tied to a single class i get since it can be programmed into the abililty) but what if the ability goes to 2 different classes at 2 different levels and i choose that ability as part of my custom class.

Once again. Thanks for the help. My group loves the product and we are trying to create a gestalt package for 3.5 OGL. If we get it working i will post it here.

Sendric March 13th, 2019 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by romandain (Post 276660)
Adding the sources worked. Thanks Sendric.

Question though. I created some custom class special abilities and and that process assigned a level and a class that the ability would be accessible and what classes can use it respectively.

How does that work with the Class special abilities that are in the menu already. How does HL know what level to grant those abilities to what classes (unique abilities tied to a single class i get since it can be programmed into the abililty) but what if the ability goes to 2 different classes at 2 different levels and i choose that ability as part of my custom class.

Once again. Thanks for the help. My group loves the product and we are trying to create a gestalt package for 3.5 OGL. If we get it working i will post it here.

When you create a class special, it must be bootstrapped to the Class thing (note the Class Level thing) in order to be assigned to a class. Typically if multiple classes receive the same class special then you would make two class specials (you can duplicate the first one and make the necessary adjustments). The level requirement field in the class special indicates at what level the class receives that special. However, it should be noted that if there are any scripts, you need to put in a clause to prevent those scripts from activating until the proper level has been reached. Something like this usually works:

Code:

doneif (tagis[Helper.ShowSpec] = 0)

romandain March 14th, 2019 10:55 PM

Another question :x

Apologize for all of the questions, there are some things i am still trying to figure out.

The gestalt class i am working to build involves the dragon shaman class. I have been able to get most of it working through following what you said earlier and copying the existing abilities and alerting them or seeing how they are build and building something similar.

The one thing i cant find right now is how to build a pick list. For example the Dragon Shaman class has a "Custom Ability" as text listed as "Totem Dragon". On this character this allows him to see under the class that he has 1 totem to pick and once he clicks on it there is a list of totems to pick from. I also found those individual totem's under the "custom ability" editor.

What i cant find is how the pick is generated. I thought it would be the "container" button but there is nothing there on the class skill or the class itself. How would i generate a pick list like that so that I can say create a "class skill" that is given and when selected the choices of "abilities" will be listed there.

Thank you for the assistance.

R/S
Roman

Sendric March 18th, 2019 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by romandain (Post 276733)
Apologize for all of the questions, there are some things i am still trying to figure out.

The gestalt class i am working to build involves the dragon shaman class. I have been able to get most of it working through following what you said earlier and copying the existing abilities and alerting them or seeing how they are build and building something similar.

The one thing i cant find right now is how to build a pick list. For example the Dragon Shaman class has a "Custom Ability" as text listed as "Totem Dragon". On this character this allows him to see under the class that he has 1 totem to pick and once he clicks on it there is a list of totems to pick from. I also found those individual totem's under the "custom ability" editor.

What i cant find is how the pick is generated. I thought it would be the "container" button but there is nothing there on the class skill or the class itself. How would i generate a pick list like that so that I can say create a "class skill" that is given and when selected the choices of "abilities" will be listed there.

Thank you for the assistance.

R/S
Roman

Custom abilities are actually relatively simple. In the editor, go to your Class thing and scroll down until you get to the section marked "Custom Abilities". The first item is Custom Ability Count. Click the edit button to open a new window and insert the number of custom abilities the class has at each level. Note that '0' is level one and the number includes any gained at previous levels.

For example, if your class gains one custom ability every three levels it would like like this:

Quote:

Row 0:
Row 1:
Row 2: 1
Row 3: 1
Row 4: 1
Row 5: 2
Row 6: 2
Row 7: 2
Row 8: 3
etc
Then create your custom abilities in the custom abilities tab of the editor and assign them to your class via the "Available to Class" dropdown menu. Compile and your custom abilities will now appear in your class tab.