Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Hero Lab Online Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Good Printable Character sheets? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=61594)

Mahrdol November 17th, 2018 08:24 AM

Good Printable Character sheets?

Is there anything that can be done? The current online printable character sheets have a lot to be desired. :( Original Hero Lab sheets were so much better. This is a big concern for me and may stop me from investing in future Hero Lab Online products. I hope something is in the works.

Farling November 17th, 2018 09:40 AM

Have you followed the advice on which browser to use (or not use) for printing?
Does the layout not match the Paizo layout?

Joe November 20th, 2018 09:33 AM

Improving printing is definitely one of the things on our todo list. We're well aware that it's not everything it could be.

What browser are you using for the printout? Also, have you taken a look at any of the options in the Print Options button? Perhaps some of those will meet your needs.

thaX November 20th, 2018 10:19 AM

To me, it shouldn't matter which browser you use to get a sheet that mirrors the character sheet in the core rulebook.

I know that a PDF compilation might be more difficult with the Online model, but has it been completely discounted as a way to compose the character sheet to be printed?

Mahrdol November 21st, 2018 03:40 PM

I have been using Chrome. The character sheet is functional. Its just not very nice and the character image is so small. I look forward to seeing what improvements you make.

MagicSN November 30th, 2018 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahrdol (Post 272971)
I have been using Chrome. The character sheet is functional. Its just not very nice and the character image is so small. I look forward to seeing what improvements you make.

I am always using pdfeditor 3.0 to move the image to the bottom (and enlarge it).

And remove the hero lab and pathfinder logos and move the stuff to the top
positions like on the other pages. And remove the stupid text messages (i am sure you know which i mean printed date etc.). Already used the editor with classic herolab to get more than one char image on the sheets :)

MagicSN (and yes the guy who first implemented 5e support, before the much better looking official version from wolflair, is now playing pf2:))

Roadie December 3rd, 2018 11:34 AM

I'm sure the big difficulty here is laying out stuff across page breaks... I remember that being a huge hassle the last time I tried to work on ebooks with anything even moderately complicated in them. With browsers being what they are there may be no good way to avoid that problem other than hardcoding every page.