Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   HL newbie: How do I generate summoned creatures in HL? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=55949)

icantfallasleep June 2nd, 2016 08:00 AM

HL newbie: How do I generate summoned creatures in HL?

If I understand correctly, the only way is to use the Encounter Builder, Import several Tigers, and then add templates or buffs to each Tiger individually. I also had to create an Augment Summoning Template, but Celestial seems already there.
  • Is there an easier way to do this?
  • Did Augment Summoning already exist elsewhere and I didn't have to create a template?
  • Is there a way to filter down to get a list of ONLY the creatures which I can summon using SNA or SM?

Thanks for your time, any clarification might help save tons of time wasted adding and buffing in HL before I can start rolling dice.

Minous June 2nd, 2016 08:46 AM

There is a summon monster package that takes care of all of that.

icantfallasleep June 2nd, 2016 09:04 AM

Please forgive my ignorance. I have all the Paizo add-ons purchased, not any of the 3rd party ones. I don't have any community packs because I'm not sure how they work.
  • Is this one of the add-ons that is purchased or is this a community pack?
  • How do I use the summon monster package? Does it add new functionality to HL to simplify any of the items I mentioned in my previous post?

Thanks for your reply!

Minous June 2nd, 2016 09:09 AM

Its entitled "Pathfinder RPG Summon Monster Creatures" check your license page to ensure that you have it purchased. Its not a community pack.

It is everything you want plus a few more summon related bonuses.

To access it Gamemaster => Encounter Library => Summon Monster Creatures

icantfallasleep June 2nd, 2016 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minous (Post 230507)
To access it Gamemaster => Encounter Library => Summon Monster Creatures

It's been there all along!! I was going into Encounter Builder and had to do everything manually. derp.

Thanks for your help!

icantfallasleep June 5th, 2016 04:20 PM

I sorry to re-open this thread, but when I got home to try this out, I still couldn't see the summon monster or summon nature's ally options under encounter library. All I see is the Rise of the Runelords encounters.

I have double checked that I purchased the Summon Monster Creatures add-on pack and double checked that under my Configure Hero, the Summon Monster Creatures check box is selected.

What do I need to do to enable this feature.

icantfallasleep June 5th, 2016 05:24 PM

I found my problem!! I have always used Rise of the Runelords encounters, exclusively, and I read on another thread that you have to press "Back" on the encounter library screen to view all other encounter packages. I completely forgot about that since it's been months ago now that I've set it to Rise of the Runelords and forgotten about it.

Lisai22 February 22nd, 2020 06:29 PM

Do you need to have game master functionality or can you just be a player who summons monsters in order to use this?