Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Hero Lab Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Starfinder (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=58891)

karpomatic August 2nd, 2017 06:39 AM

Starfinder

So what's the skinny on Starfinder? It's dropping very soon and I'd like to add it to my HL & RW.

BJ August 3rd, 2017 02:00 PM

We are working hard to bring Starfinder character creation to everyone by the end of the month. :)

karpomatic August 5th, 2017 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ (Post 253742)
We are working hard to bring Starfinder character creation to everyone by the end of the month. :)

That's awesome. How about RW? Will the content be there as well?

BJ August 5th, 2017 09:42 AM

It will! It won't be out right when Starfinder launches, but we will have it.

Ruka August 7th, 2017 05:34 AM

Do you have an idea of the cost of the HL data package? Not that I won't buy it but this way I can save my pennies.

Toblakai August 7th, 2017 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruka (Post 253886)
Do you have an idea of the cost of the HL data package? Not that I won't buy it but this way I can save my pennies.

I suspect it will be the typical cost of a new rule system of $34.99.

Steel_Wind August 7th, 2017 08:05 PM

Take my money! Please!

I won't run Starfinder without Herolab support. So yeah, this is critical for me and mine. Get 'er done!

s_gmusic August 7th, 2017 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ (Post 253742)

Will this just be for the PC version of HeroLab or will it be on iOS as well?

Steel_Wind August 9th, 2017 10:33 PM

Starfinder Feature Request: House Rule Options for Experience Points

Hi guys,

Looking through Table 2-4 of the Starfinder Core Rulebook revealed something I was not expecting.

Starfinder has done away with the Slow, Medium, and Fast XP point level Advancement track. In Starfinder, there is only one XP point advancement track (the exact same XP level requirements as are used as "Fast Track" in Pathfinder RPG).

I know that adding House Rule feature requests can get cumbersome, but as the XP points and track options are ALREADY present in the Herolab Pathfinder code base, could you please just port that over and have the default be "Fast Track", but let the GM choose to specify a "Slow" or "Medium" advancement, using the same XP points per level from Pathfinder RPG? It should not take any new code at all. Just use the same XP features and options as exist in the current Pathfinder XP progression - simply change the default for Starfinder to "Fast Track".

I can foresee that the "Fast Track" is going to be too fast for my campaign preferences. The most annoying thing about this -- indeed, the only annoying thing really - is that Herolab might not support it.

As the code already exists, can you please just port it over so we can specify it as a House Rule override? Thanks.

drakahn99 August 10th, 2017 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steel_Wind (Post 253990)
Hi guys,

Looking through Table 2-4 of the Starfinder Core Rulebook revealed something I was not expecting.

Starfinder has done away with the Slow, Medium, and Fast XP point level Advancement track. In Starfinder, there is only one XP point advancement track (the exact same XP level requirements as are used as "Fast Track" in Pathfinder RPG).

I know that adding House Rule feature requests can get cumbersome, but as the XP points and track options are ALREADY present in the Herolab Pathfinder code base, could you please just port that over and have the default be "Fast Track", but let the GM choose to specify a "Slow" or "Medium" advancement, using the same XP points per level from Pathfinder RPG? It should not take any new code at all. Just use the same XP features and options as exist in the current Pathfinder XP progression - simply change the default for Starfinder to "Fast Track".

I can foresee that the "Fast Track" is going to be too fast for my campaign preferences. The most annoying thing about this -- indeed, the only annoying thing really - is that Herolab might not support it.

As the code already exists, can you please just port it over so we can specify it as a House Rule override? Thanks.

barring that they support the fast/medium/slow you could

multiply the awarded xp by 0.666666667 for the medium track
or
multiply the awarded xp by 0.448598131 for the slow track

this will convert the xp from the slow/medium over to the appropriate amount on the fast track for you.

alternatively you could award levels exery xxx number of game sessions.