Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Mythic Rank (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=49128)

RavenX May 2nd, 2014 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron (Post 182255)
Protip: I believe users can already access all the tags defined in the core program by looking into the tags.1st file. Most of them have notes alongside them which explain their function, though the organization is a bit messy.

Aaron,

The tags.1st file isn't available for us to look at... in any of the systems outside of Savage Worlds and 4th edition.

Aaron May 2nd, 2014 01:20 PM

Really? I remember it was for 3.5 back when I was doing fan-work.

RavenX May 2nd, 2014 01:27 PM

It's not there. I've looked in the pathfinder data enough times to say it is missing. It's hidden, as are the other source files for pathfinder. That is why sometimes I say I can't do things without source code access. Hero Lab hides the source code for pathfinder and other systems. It is also why I pester Mathias for bits of code on the Authoring Kit when I need them. If I had source code access to every system I wouldn't need to ask so many questions. But alas, I do not.

Just so people know, I am also not a software engineer. I was required to take C++ programming as part of my field of study so that I could solve complex equations with numeric methods over large iterative cycles. I am an applied mathematician/physicist.

Globetrotter May 2nd, 2014 02:11 PM

I am just an office worker... :)

I could probably learn the editor, but I do not want to. Without being rude (I write like an ass, so please don't think I am trying to be rude), I bought this program so I didn't have to do this stuff.

If it becomes easier to use pen and paper, I will have to do that for my creations, but I really do not want to. This program is amazing and I never want to go back to the old way of creating characters. I am mostly a DM, so I use this to create my NPC's and buff monsters for my games. it is so easy to make a custom monster to amazing my players. this is the main reason for the program.

I do not know how much I have paid for this program, but just in the past year I have spent $130. I am pretty sure I have probably dropped 2-3 hundred on this. I am a solid supporter and it is worth every penny.

It is worth my money so I do not have to learn an editor or programming. I would rather pay than spend my very limited time doing extra work. I want to focus that energy in creating and not coding.

A lite editor... I would probably still not use it. I just want a system that I can create a mythic creature easier. Right now, you can add mythic, and pick your path. Just add a drop down for rank as well. Give the +10 HP per level, or whatever it is, let me pick my feats according to the rules and move past.

Now, that is probably really hard to do, but I am sure it is in your ability to do it. You did create an entire kingdom section and a character background generator. As mythic is used more and more, this is a feature that will give us a relief instead of frustration.

I hope you guys can find a way to do it. Until then, I will be a happy supporter and hope we can continue to grow as a community.

ShadowChemosh May 2nd, 2014 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron (Post 182261)
Really? I remember it was for 3.5 back when I was doing fan-work.

Part of the core files where OGL so Tags and XML for classes where in a sub-folder for 3.5 called "Source". The main files that actually control the creation of say tables or portals are not in that folder. That is why you found access to the tags though. Most of the "Helper.?" like tags could be seen.

This sub-folder does not exist for Pathfinder. Just FYI only. Not taking any sides here. :)

Aaron May 2nd, 2014 04:43 PM

Glad I am not crazy at least.

RavenX May 2nd, 2014 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron (Post 182319)
Glad I am not crazy at least.

Crazy, no. Not yet. You've certainly failed a few sanity checks from Cthulhu's presence though, so I am not sure just how far you've got to go... I guess it depends on how many ranks you've put into Knowledge (cthulhu mythos)...

xebeche August 6th, 2014 12:09 PM

I came here hoping to learn how to add Mythic Ranks to a creature. I'm disappointed that after spending well above $100 on Hero Lab, what is supposed to be my time saving accessory, that I have to dig into an editor that I'm absolutely unfamiliar with. Lone Wolf, please implement mythic ranks into the user interface of Hero Lab.