Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Realm Works Version 1.0.49.209 Available – Now with Bigger Thumbnails! (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=54508)

liz December 21st, 2015 03:41 PM

Realm Works Version 1.0.49.209 Available – Now with Bigger Thumbnails!

A new release for Realm Works is now available! In addition to fixing a number of smaller changes, we’ve changed the way that image snippets are presented in Realm Works. The default size for all new picture and smart images has been doubled. Existing pictures and smart image snippets are unchanged, but it’s easy to update them to the new size. If you’re not a fan of the new size, it’s also possible to change it to the previous (smaller) size, or even larger sizes.

To change existing pictures or smart images, or to change the default size, follow the steps below:
  1. Under “Manage Preferences,” select the “Thumbnail Size” option;
  2. To update all your images to the new default, simply click “Update All Existing Thumbnails;” *
  3. If you want to change the default for everything, change the default size and then click “Update All Existing Thumbnails.” *
* Be aware that this conversion could be very lengthy (i.e. it could take minutes), depending on the number and size of the images within your realm.

For more details on this change to thumbnails, and to see the full list of changes and enhancements, please take a look at the Release Notes available within the product.

If you encounter problems following this new update, please submit a bug report.

Vargr December 22nd, 2015 01:15 AM

I have updated RW to ...209.

Changed thumbnail size throughout to the new default.

Modified a few relationships.

Now, when syncing up I get
Sync failed with error code: Sanity Failed to Update (-306)

(Don't you just hate it, when your sanity fails to update?)

I then loaded the realm without sync and rebuild the index (sometimes that helps).

Then I tried to sync again and get the "Local data conflicts with te cloud data" requester.

I choose "Discard cloud data and use local data" (since my local data must be ...209 and the cloud data must be ...208).

This gives me the sanity error again (in more sense than one) - but now with (-502) in stead of (-306).

Downloading the version in the cloud and discarding the local version seems to do the trick - so far. Even the changes I made got carried over.

A sync from local til cloud now works as expected.

Not sure what the morale is here, but thought I would put it here for others having problems. Something seems amiss but it seems recoverable.

PS: Bug report filed.

Zaphod Beebledoc December 22nd, 2015 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vargr (Post 220867)
Sync failed with error code: Sanity Failed to Update (-306)

You've been playing Cthulu haven't you! ;)

Vargr December 22nd, 2015 01:31 AM

Could be - could be :-)

And I forgot to add, I like the bigger thumbnails - looks very nice and is in fact very useful.

Nikmal December 22nd, 2015 04:06 AM

Ok, this is an odd thing that happened to my realms on the update. The update italicized my entire realm and all it's topics. I am not sure if this is a bug or not. It is not something I wanted though. But I am unsure if I should actually file a bug report about it or not.

edit: Bug report filed

Vargr December 22nd, 2015 05:21 AM

That definitely sounds like a bug.

Vere December 22nd, 2015 07:42 AM

Happy to see larger thumbnails.

I was wondering for some time is it possible to add more text right next to the thumbnail than title and one line?

adzling December 22nd, 2015 08:12 AM

Thanks for the bigger thumbnails, it helps greatly.

Nice to see some attention is being paid to the the interface.

Exmortis December 22nd, 2015 04:37 PM

Updated and I am still unable to sync, I have responded to my ticket email.

Exmortis December 23rd, 2015 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exmortis (Post 220943)
Updated and I am still unable to sync, I have responded to my ticket email.

David to the rescue, I am now back!!!!

Be afraid, be very afraid!