Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Selectable use of *Extend Thing options (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=60247)

Quintain February 27th, 2018 07:39 PM

Ok, how would I use this syntax to create a category for a series of abilities that did not already exist (the category).

Then I want to add the witch's hex category and combine them.

Basically, add all Witch Hexs and re-categorize them as Maledictions, but there is no pre-existing malediction category.

Or otherwise make witches hexes available to the malefactor as maledictions using the least amount of effort code-wise.

Redcap's Corner February 27th, 2018 08:41 PM

The easiest way to do that doesn't even need *Extend thing. Just setup your maledictions as a custom ability in your class as normal, and then select "witch" (the one with the tag id of "AllowCust.cHelpWit") using the "Allow Custom Abilities..." button.

If you've never setup custom abilities before, just hit the button that says "Custom Ability Count", and for each level you'd gain a malediction, put the number that corresponds to the total number of maledictions you should have at that level. Remember that "row 0" is level 1, so all the row numbers are one lower than the level they correspond to. So, if you gain 1 at every even level, row 1 should say "1", row 3 should say "2", etc. Then, type "Malediction" where it says "Custom Ability Name" and "Maledictions" where it says "Custom Ability Plural".

Voila!

Quintain February 28th, 2018 07:19 PM

Unfortunately, there is an official TPK Malefactor product -- and I don't think I can modify that, so I'm relegated to 1) building a whole new one, or 2) expanding what was already built -- since I don't think TPK is going to re-release the Malefactor.

ShadowChemosh February 28th, 2018 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quintain (Post 263707)
Unfortunately, there is an official TPK Malefactor product -- and I don't think I can modify that, so I'm relegated to 1) building a whole new one, or 2) expanding what was already built -- since I don't think TPK is going to re-release the Malefactor.

If this comes in a .user file and they never plan to update it. Why can't you modify it? Even if its sold by LW you can use Replace Thing ID to replace the stuff that does not work especially if they never plan to fix it.

Redcap's Corner March 1st, 2018 11:05 AM

Well, you should be able to accomplish the same thing through *Extend. Just create a new "*Extend", then hit the "find thing" button and select the malefactor. Then put "AllowCust" in the next box and "cHelpWit" in the final one. *Extend is just adding a tag to an existing thing, and I'm pretty sure all you need to do is add the AllowCust.cHelpWit tag to the class to achieve what you want to do. It's likely several options will come up for "malefactor", but you want the one with an id that starts with "cHelp" (if I'm not mistaken). Mind you, I'm not at a computer with Hero Lab currently, so I apologize if my memory for the details is failing me here. Good luck!

ShadowChemosh March 1st, 2018 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redcap's Corner (Post 263719)
Well, you should be able to accomplish the same thing through *Extend. Just create a new "*Extend", then hit the "find thing" button and select the malefactor. Then put "AllowCust" in the next box and "cHelpWit" in the final one. *Extend is just adding a tag to an existing thing, and I'm pretty sure all you need to do is add the AllowCust.cHelpWit tag to the class to achieve what you want to do. It's likely several options will come up for "malefactor", but you want the one with an id that starts with "cHelp" (if I'm not mistaken). Mind you, I'm not at a computer with Hero Lab currently, so I apologize if my memory for the details is failing me here. Good luck!

I think you mean "SpecSource.cHelpWit" not AllowCust which is used for Configurables. In addition to 100% compatible you need to add the abCategory.WitHex as different scripts use abCategory not the SpecSource tag group.

If you add a level of Witch and look at the Witch's class helper it will show you the custom expression its using. Look in debug for the field cCstSpExpr for the Witch Hexes and cCstS2Expr for the Witch Patrons. That is what HL is expecting.

I am really not sure what else to say about Extend. It adds Tags to Things. That is ALL it does. :)

ErinRigh March 1st, 2018 11:40 AM

Hey Quintain, I've done a bit of work on updating the Malefactor, would you like to take a look?

Quintain March 1st, 2018 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 263710)
If this comes in a .user file and they never plan to update it. Why can't you modify it? Even if its sold by LW you can use Replace Thing ID to replace the stuff that does not work especially if they never plan to fix it.

Well, I don't know if they plan on updating it.. but I'm just assuming, and I'm also unsure on where IP rights come in for this product.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ErinRigh (Post 263724)
Hey Quintain, I've done a bit of work on updating the Malefactor, would you like to take a look?

Sure. Did you start with your own file or did you modify the original?

ShadowChemosh March 1st, 2018 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quintain (Post 263732)
Well, I don't know if they plan on updating it.. but I'm just assuming, and I'm also unsure on where IP rights come in for this product.

Unless you are planning to resell it you have nothing to worry about.

You could even fix it all up and give it back to the company so they could share the fixed product with everyone. :)

ErinRigh March 1st, 2018 09:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quintain (Post 263732)
Sure. Did you start with your own file or did you modify the original?

My own I didn't know there was an original untill I was most of theway through some stuff still isn't working and the code is ugly but here it is, maybe you can lend a hand