Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed. (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   [Bug Reports] Vampire Counts (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=13806)

Vreith August 22nd, 2011 12:37 AM

[Bug Reports] Vampire Counts

Special Character, He has the option of also Riding a Barded Nightmare it is not listed in the builder.

Also will the white dwarf updates to the Vampire Coutns army book be changed in army builder? add Terrorgeist and bashee's and Cairnwraiths as hero choices?
Cheers

Mr_Rose August 22nd, 2011 01:11 AM

Which special character, sorry?

As for the Terrorgheist etc., I believe the 1-month minimum wait still applies to WD additions.

Speaking of, might as well put in a reminder to check the text of the Power Scroll against the FAQ.

UltraPrime August 22nd, 2011 01:23 AM

I'll second request for which special character.

WD updates (including Power Scroll) ready for next release, which will be end of this week :)

Mr_Rose August 22nd, 2011 03:31 AM

On the SC issue, it appears that both Mannfreds (Count and Acolyte) should have it as an option for 20pts but neither of them do.

Also on the Mannfreds; they ought to have an exclusion rule to themselves since they're technically the same guy and you can't have both in your list. Currently the only thing that indicates there's something wrong with having both is the error you get because they both have the Sword of Unholy Power.

UltraPrime August 22nd, 2011 04:11 AM

Sorted for next release.

Vreith August 22nd, 2011 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Rose (Post 61329)
On the SC issue, it appears that both Mannfreds (Count and Acolyte) should have it as an option for 20pts but neither of them do.

Also on the Mannfreds; they ought to have an exclusion rule to themselves since they're technically the same guy and you can't have both in your list. Currently the only thing that indicates there's something wrong with having both is the error you get because they both have the Sword of Unholy Power.

Sorry this guy is right that was the one i wanted to point out! must of had a brain fart when typing up.

Cheers for doing the updates on the next batch!

out

UltraPrime August 22nd, 2011 09:36 PM

If anyone is interested, the option was actually coded, but another rule conflicted causing it not to display.

UltraPrime September 1st, 2011 09:45 AM

Error with Cairn Wraith/Tomb Banshee stats has been noted and acted on for next release.

Arijharn September 5th, 2011 08:10 PM

Choosing Terrogheist as a mount for a Vampire Lord takes up some of your points allotment from the Rare section as well.

UltraPrime September 5th, 2011 10:02 PM

Nuts. Will sort that.

Arijharn September 18th, 2011 09:26 PM

Surprised that no one has reported this as of yet, but choosing barded Nightmare for Mannfred results in an 'option error.'

gkgnight October 2nd, 2011 07:22 AM

Error 3 Units

This bug involves validation requiring you to have at least three units.

I go to make a VC army list at 1,000 points.
The units i selected are:

1 Vampire (Hero) (General)
1 Crypt Ghouls (Core)
1 Grave Guard (Special)
1 Black Knights (Special)

At this point all rules are satisified

Now add:

1 Corpse Cart (Core)

You now get an error stating you don't have at least 3 units.

UltraPrime October 2nd, 2011 10:46 AM

Sorted. I hope.

Arijharn October 5th, 2011 02:13 AM

Mousing over a Terrogheist's entry for some reason says that it has Bestial fury (in the little pop-up helper text), although the actual side panel rules section obviously doesn't have this rule.

UltraPrime October 5th, 2011 06:51 AM

I can see what I've done, but can't think why I did it that way..... Will change.

Vreith October 16th, 2011 09:45 PM

When choosing a Vampire as your Battle Standard Bearer, if it is mounted, it loses 1 point from it's armor save (like it lost the shield), is this correct? this does not happen to the Wight king when given a barded skeletal steed + shield & or lance.

the vampire loses (or never gains) the armor save whether you buy a Nightmare, or get it from the Dread Knight VC powers

UltraPrime October 16th, 2011 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vreith (Post 64082)
When choosing a Vampire as your Battle Standard Bearer, if it is mounted, it loses 1 point from it's armor save (like it lost the shield), is this correct? this does not happen to the Wight king when given a barded skeletal steed + shield & or lance.

the vampire loses (or never gains) the armor save whether you buy a Nightmare, or get it from the Dread Knight VC powers

Need a bit more help here. Vampire BSB is behaving correctly for me, so one of us is doing the wrong thing.....

As an aside, my experimentations on this error did flag up that the mounted Wight still shows ward save, so will fix that.

Vreith October 24th, 2011 09:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi UltraPrime

Attached is a image of what im talking about, hope it helps

UltraPrime October 24th, 2011 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vreith (Post 64511)
Hi UltraPrime

Attached is a image of what im talking about, hope it helps

Ahh, gotchya... fixed :)

Skaby February 10th, 2012 07:06 AM

Thank you for the 2.40 update!
as it seems I'm the first to report a bug :-)
the corpse cart has now the option for a spear for 1 point - this option is not showed.

Guchi February 10th, 2012 08:38 AM

Just a quick one, when upgrading skeleton units with a champion the cost of the unit increases by +5 points rather than +10
You can verify this by adding a 10 man unit (50 points) then adding a champion (upgrade for 10 points. when it takes a model from the main unit, its just charging for the upgrade rather than the whole thing) it should be 60 points, but it is 55. Checked the other units with champion options, they seem fine.

Guchi February 10th, 2012 08:46 AM

Oop, just found another. When taking the nightshroud a vampire should be able to take normal armour as well since it does not take up a light or heavy armour slot. Currently it generates a too many pieces of armour worn error.
Check by taking a basic vampire lord and adding heavy armour and then nightshroud.

- Edit Biting blade should be 10 points now, same as the rulebook, i think this one is a hang over from the old entry :)
- Edit Enchanted Shield too, its the old exception hanging around in the generic file.

- Wight kings can currently take arcane items, pretty sure this isn't the case.
On wights the old wight magic weapons text is still there, they just have ordinary killing blow now, regardless of weapon now.
Wight kings shield is selected by default

I've fixed Horses issue too.

Since im fixing this mostly as I go along, would you (Ultraprime) like a copy of my edited files after i've finished with it? might save you some time.

Horse February 10th, 2012 09:12 AM

Great job on the vamps, I am so happy to see them on the AB, I'm going to edit this post with any bugs I see

the Vampire Lord is listed as 205 points, in the book, he is 220

It also gives him the option to have a terrorgheist as a mount, only the Strigoi can take it :)

Enchanted Shield is marked as 15 points, should be 5.

Adding spears to Skeleton blocks adds an extra point to the unit costs.

Horse February 10th, 2012 10:09 AM

[QUOTE=Guchi;73639

I've fixed Horses issue too.

Since im fixing this mostly as I go along, would you (Ultraprime) like a copy of my edited files after i've finished with it? might save you some time.[/QUOTE]

wicked, do you think you'd be able to share the files once it gets fixed up?

Guchi February 10th, 2012 10:49 AM

I don't see why not.
Scratch that, found the spear bug!I can't replicate the skeletons adding points for spears though, can you double check that?

Added the spear to the Corpsemaster on the corpse cart (have altered it so it doesn't appear on the Engine as well heh)

Found a bug with the hell knights options not being quite right. (being charged 4 points for barding and none for lance)

Wight kings lance was costing 4, not the 5 it should be.

Guchi February 10th, 2012 11:50 AM

I've uploaded the files to my public dropbox

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18656470/Vam...s%20bugfix.zip

Be aware that I may have broken something terribly with these files, so as far as support, you are on your own!

You want to import the .ab file. I've included the .dat files for UltraPrime if he wants to use them.

Just to be clear, all i've done is learned how to use abcreator today and changed some values, all credit is due to UltraPrime. If my changes do end up in the official release, im not bothered about credit, its all yours. Hopefully I've saved UltraPrime some time.

I've not changed the version number, so it should be replaced normally by the next official version.

Bugs fixed:

The corpse cart has now the option for a spear for 1 point - this option is not showed. - thanks Skaby
Skeleton champions were being undercosted
Nightshroud not interacting with normal armour properly
Common magic item mis-pricings
Wight kings being able to take Arcane Items
Wight Kings Shield option being on by default
Wights having old text for wight weapons
Vampire lords displaying incorrect points (was being calculated correctly) - Thanks Horse
Vampire lords being able to ride Terrorgheists - Thanks Horse
Skeleton champion paying for his Spear - Thanks Horse
Hell Knight Lance and Barding costs incorrect
Wight Kings Lance cost 4 not 5

UltraPrime February 10th, 2012 01:58 PM

Great work. I've re-uploaded file with Guchi's changes :)

hiddensnake February 10th, 2012 04:01 PM

Vampire

Vampires are 105 points now, listed as 100 points.

Kintaro February 11th, 2012 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiddensnake (Post 73713)
Vampires are 105 points now, listed as 100 points.

But when you add one, it's calculating properly. It's the listing at the top that's showing as 100 instead of 105.

Also, the book allows a Wight King to take MAGIC items....why is the ARCANE ITEMS option removed?

EDIT : Found another (slight) one : When creating a unit of CAIRN WRAITHS with one converted to a TOMB BANSHEE, the cost of the Tomb Banshee is calculated out correctly, but the sub-listing is showing as [75] when it should be [25].

UltraPrime February 11th, 2012 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kintaro (Post 73801)
But when you add one, it's calculating properly. It's the listing at the top that's showing as 100 instead of 105.

Doh! Fixed for next release.

Kintaro February 11th, 2012 02:45 AM

Sorry UP, added one more (in the form of a question) for ya...more as I run across them!

And thanks for all of your work and the speedy fix!

Guchi February 11th, 2012 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kintaro (Post 73801)
Also, the book allows a Wight King to take MAGIC items....why is the ARCANE ITEMS option removed?

EDIT : Found another (slight) one : When creating a unit of CAIRN WRAITHS with one converted to a TOMB BANSHEE, the cost of the Tomb Banshee is calculated out correctly, but the sub-listing is showing as [75] when it should be [25].

Wight Kings are not magic users, and thus have no access to arcane items (p504 of the big red book), they have no way to become magic users either through magic items.

The tomb banshee behaviour is in line with champion upgrades in the rest of the data file, ie it shows the total cost of the champion rather than just the upgrade price.

Keep on digging though!

Yobtar February 11th, 2012 04:07 PM

So is the current download (2.40) up to date or not?

Kintaro February 11th, 2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guchi (Post 73818)
Wight Kings are not magic users, and thus have no access to arcane items (p504 of the big red book), they have no way to become magic users either through magic items.

The tomb banshee behaviour is in line with champion upgrades in the rest of the data file, ie it shows the total cost of the champion rather than just the upgrade price.

Keep on digging though!

HOLY CRAP, REALLY?!? Ive been playing for awhile now, and I had no idea - thanks for the pg and the heads up!

RE the Tomb Banshee (and any other this applies to) - thanks for that too! This is my first time using the program, and I was making a list and keeping an eye out for these things at the same time!

Again, thanks for the help!

Guchi February 12th, 2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yobtar (Post 73919)
So is the current download (2.40) up to date or not?

Should be now, if you downloaded it on day one (the 10th), it may be the older version, easy way to check is to fire up vampire counts and if the Vampire lord has the Terrorgheist mount option you should download it again.

silent25 February 12th, 2012 06:53 PM

Downloaded the latest version and now getting the error:
File: vampirecounts.dat (line 805) - Unrecognized attribute 'equipment' in element 'link'

Can't open any files now. Tried both today's manual download and also Guchi's original file.

McTaff February 12th, 2012 11:09 PM

Just a few proofreading-style corrections for you...

1st: Vamp Lord, in his little box below the Composition Summary is listed as a Magic Level 1 when no options are picked. When you select the Level 1 Wizard option (for zero points) he becomes Magic Level 2 in that readout above. When you select level 2, he stays level 2. However, within the TEXT of that box, it does accurately reflect the level as it should appear, and also on his actual profile.

2nd: A few spelling errors within the Vampiric Powers descriptions - "Opponent" is written as "opponant" in a couple of items. Also appears in Mortis Engine description for Blasphemous Tome.

3rd: Coven Throne says "reroll to Hit and Two Wound..." instead of To Wound.

4th: Krell has a little "x" next to his name. Should that be flagging there?

5th: Heinrich Kemmler's Cloak of Mists and Shadows would possibly be better described as "Grants either the Fly or Ethereal special rule each turn."

6th: Coven Throne description has the word "occypy" instead of "occupy". Battle Of Wills description has the word "itsels" instead of "itself".

7th: The Newly Dead description has italics markup tags around "Invocation Of Nehek".

8th: The Dark Acolyte Vampiric Power has the word "ads" instead of "adds".

9th: When the Ironcurse Icon and The Cursed Book are selected, the error message "xxx: Too Many Enchanted Items" is flagged.

Lastly: Chaos Tomb Blade probably should state that it creates Skeletons OR Grave Guard in the description text; the mouse-over description does say this, but it would be better to clarify if possible in the basic text.

yajnaji February 13th, 2012 01:38 PM

Couple of bugs:
- enchanted shield costing 15 pts, it should be 5
- upgrades for skeletons and black knights are just messed up. point costs vary depending on the number of models on the unit. i know, weird, never saw that happened before.

quietus February 17th, 2012 05:35 AM

The Terrorheist do not have bestial fury.

ruppt February 17th, 2012 05:28 PM

Forbidden Lore

Forbidden Lore should allow access to other lores but when added no other lores come up to be picked.