Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Savage Worlds (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Printing Tactical Console (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=57850)

BHough March 3rd, 2017 05:48 AM

Printing Tactical Console

I need to print my tactical console. Does anyone know how to do this? Im looking for 1 sheet with all the small stat blocks on them so I may keep track of them in a Table top game.

Dami March 3rd, 2017 01:17 PM

I think the only way you could do that would be a "Print Screen".

manchuwook March 3rd, 2017 01:28 PM

The hard way would be to do Custom Output, XML, entire portfolio, and then do an XSLT to transform it into a printable webpage.

zarlor March 3rd, 2017 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manchuwook (Post 245510)
The hard way would be to do Custom Output, XML, entire portfolio, and then do an XSLT to transform it into a printable webpage.

Ouch. You've just made my brain hurt.

(:D In part that's just because I've looked at messing with print output from Hero Lab before, especially for making custom sheets or even outputting to a form-fillable pdf file, but it was just way too hard for me to work through it all, especially without any easily usable, or at least affordable, XSLT tranform tools.)

manchuwook March 3rd, 2017 01:33 PM

I'm a bit spoiled because I have an old copy of Altova Stylevision/XMLSpy.

Dhrakken May 12th, 2017 01:09 PM

Use windows snipping tool and print that, easy peasy.

Paragon May 12th, 2017 03:06 PM

Yeah, the most straightforward way would be a screencap of some stripe. Assuming, of course, the whole thing fits on one screen.

jfrazierjr May 12th, 2017 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zarlor (Post 245511)
Ouch. You've just made my brain hurt.

(:D In part that's just because I've looked at messing with print output from Hero Lab before, especially for making custom sheets or even outputting to a form-fillable pdf file, but it was just way too hard for me to work through it all, especially without any easily usable, or at least affordable, XSLT tranform tools.)

I don't know how it works, or how well, but Notepad++ has a menu item for XSL transform. I use XML Spy for the functionality, so I can't say how good it is or is not.

Also, another "EASY"(well.. easy once you have the xslt file done), is to simply include the xst reference in your xml and open in a browser. From what I have read, there are some limitations, but for the simple cases, you can build most normal html structures such as tables and such and/or use css styling.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...(v=vs.85).aspx

If one were to install Perl and a few extra specific xml modules, I could write up a simple command line script to output a transformed file in about 10 lines or so.

zarlor May 12th, 2017 06:09 PM

I had played with the character sheet output stuff some to see if I could figure out some other ways to make sheets, even using a version of Altova, but it wasn't easy for me to figure out usefully. There are plenty of form fillable PDF files for Savage Worlds settings, too, so I'd also thought about the possibility of sending out the fields that way.Suffice to say I'm just not familiar enough and even after a few days couldn't really unravel how to, at least not easiy, deal with the XML to do any of that.

jfrazierjr May 12th, 2017 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zarlor (Post 249812)
I had played with the character sheet output stuff some to see if I could figure out some other ways to make sheets, even using a version of Altova, but it wasn't easy for me to figure out usefully. There are plenty of form fillable PDF files for Savage Worlds settings, too, so I'd also thought about the possibility of sending out the fields that way.Suffice to say I'm just not familiar enough and even after a few days couldn't really unravel how to, at least not easiy, deal with the XML to do any of that.

I don't know pdf tranform stuff(looked into it briefly years ago, but it made my head hurt and I had no "need" to complete the studies). However, I have a large amount of experience with xslt(more) and html(not quite as much), and could absolutely help if you have any question and/or could get you started if you give me some guideposts as to what you might be interesting in it to look like.