Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   How to Apply Rage Powers (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=67678)

SDShannonS March 8th, 2023 09:32 PM

How to Apply Rage Powers

A character in the group is playing a skald who provides rage powers to others who are affected by their Inspired Rage song. I cannot find a way for my character (who is not the skald, nor a barbarian) to apply those rage powers to my character. For example, the skald applies Animal Fury to their Inspired Rage and I should be able to apply Animal Fury to my character when Inspired Rage is active, granting me a bite attack. But I can't figure out any way to do that.

This is for Hero Lab Classic.

Mathias March 8th, 2023 10:49 PM

Could you please be more specific about what the name of the ability that's granting this is? I'm not all that familiar with the Skald class and its archetypes.

Dami March 8th, 2023 11:31 PM

The Skald's ability is "Inspired Rage", and they can add any Rage Power they know to the IR, granting those powers to all allies. (No Archetype involved)
You can add the Inspired Rage to your Hero on the Adjust tab, and select "Skald: Inspired Rage" as a 'Conferred Ability Adjustment'.
There does not appear to be any way to add those Rage powers directly in HL.
Using Animal Fury as an example, I can't find a way to add a bite to a Hero, short of writing code in the editor to do so.

SDShannonS March 8th, 2023 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathias (Post 301077)
Could you please be more specific about what the name of the ability that's granting this is? I'm not all that familiar with the Skald class and its archetypes.

The skald has a class feature called Raging Song that grants the Inspired Rage ability to himself and his allies, much like a bard's Inspire Courage. At 3rd level, the skald gets Rage Powers much like a barbarian. Some (all?) of those Rage Powers are also bestowed upon any of the allies that are under the effect of the skald's Inspired Rage. In this case, our skald has selected the Rage Power of Animal Fury.

As a party member, I can add the Inspired Rage as a "conferred ability adjustment" but there does not seem to be a way apply the Animal Fury rage power as an element of that Inspired Rage.

As a test, I created a skald in Hero Lab and I was able to select the Animal Fury rage power. On that skald character, when I tick the box to activate Inspired Rage, it automatically gives the skald a bite attack which is exactly what the Animal Fury rage power is supposed to do.

However, that rage power is supposed to be conferred to all party members who benefit from the Inspired Rage ability and there does not seem to be a way to apply that benefit for any character except the skald.

I hope that makes sense. If it's still not clear, let me know and I'll direct you to the SRD sections where these abilities are described in more detail.

Mathias March 9th, 2023 07:11 AM

I'm afraid we don't currently have a good option to support this. I'll add this to our to-do list, but this is not a small project, because of the very large number of rage powers that need to be supported in this way.

SDShannonS March 9th, 2023 09:59 AM

In lieu of it working correctly, is there a way to manually add a bite attack to a character?

SDShannonS March 9th, 2023 12:24 PM

I added a custom, free Ring of Rat Fangs which basically does the same thing. So, I guess that will be good enough until the Skald: Inspired Rage conferred ability adjustment functions properly. At least, until our skald gets another rage power and I have to figure out how to add that one, too.

Mathias March 9th, 2023 12:31 PM

If you're playing on HLC PF1 and are somewhat familiar with the editor, you should be able to make a copy of the animal form ability, and then use that to build an animal form adjustment, then delete the ability once you've copied and adjusted the various settings.