Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Pathfinder Bug reports - version 2.6 (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=9979)

Mathias March 21st, 2010 10:56 AM

Pathfinder Bug reports - version 2.6

I think the previous bug reports collection is getting too long, and it's time for a new one.

kargoth March 21st, 2010 12:22 PM

Summoner spell issue

1 Attachment(s)
Copied over from previous bug reports as it was near the end:

Hey, just got the new download and started testing out the summoner. I made a 7th level summoner and it only shows that he knows 0 and 1st level spells instead of 0-3. Do I need to re-download the update because it didn't update properly or was this a simple oversight? Thanks again for a really nice product.

Update: I reinstalled the download and the problem still exists. If I click on spells it shows the correct number that I should have for 7th level but the system will only let me assign spells for levels 0 and 1. Added picture for reference.

Leonal March 21st, 2010 03:05 PM

Thanks for the continued updates!

The Alchemist is lacking a good reflex save. (Good Fort and Ref in Final Playtest)

WarDawg March 22nd, 2010 12:55 AM

Great job on the updates and forum replies.

Just noticed the -1 damage with silver weapons is applying to bludgeoning weapons, should only apply to piercing and slashing weapons.

Sketchpad March 22nd, 2010 05:19 AM

Awesome update :) The Witch class, however, only has one spell ...

Thetis_39 March 22nd, 2010 08:46 AM

Barbarian Rages

Not sure if this is a bug or not but when the Barbarian raging ability is activated it increases the total number of rounds of raging per day due to the increase in constitution is this correct?

Pierre

Mathias March 22nd, 2010 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leonal (Post 36992)
Thanks for the continued updates!

The Alchemist is lacking a good reflex save. (Good Fort and Ref in Final Playtest)

Fixed in the next update, thanks for the report.

Mathias March 22nd, 2010 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sketchpad (Post 37003)
Awesome update :) The Witch class, however, only has one spell ...

When I press the spellbook button for the witch to assign the spells her familiar makes available to her, I see the proper list of spells she can learn. After learning some spells, they're available for memorization.

The fact that witches don't have all the 0-level spells in their spellbook to start with is a bug.

Lackoffocus March 22nd, 2010 04:24 PM

When You choose an Oracle you get all the Cure and Inflict spells listed as bonus ones.

modus0 March 23rd, 2010 02:47 AM

Fighter Armor Training doesn't seem to be working correctly.

Adding Full Plate (Armor Check Penalty -6) to a 20th level Fighter should be giving an ACP for the Full Plate as -2, which is showing properly in the entry for the armor, but skills with ACP are taking the full 6 point hit.

For example, the character has a Dex of 18, and 10 ranks in Ride, for a +17 modifier without armor. Equipping a set of Full Plate drops that modifier down to a +11 instead of the +15 is should be.

Mathias March 23rd, 2010 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lackoffocus (Post 37052)
When You choose an Oracle you get all the Cure and Inflict spells listed as bonus ones.

For others reading this, the problem is that they should be choosing between one set and the others. I've put this on my to-do list. Thanks for the report.

Mathias March 23rd, 2010 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by modus0 (Post 37065)
Fighter Armor Training doesn't seem to be working correctly.

Adding Full Plate (Armor Check Penalty -6) to a 20th level Fighter should be giving an ACP for the Full Plate as -2, which is showing properly in the entry for the armor, but skills with ACP are taking the full 6 point hit.

For example, the character has a Dex of 18, and 10 ranks in Ride, for a +17 modifier without armor. Equipping a set of Full Plate drops that modifier down to a +11 instead of the +15 is should be.

Previously reported. This will be fixed in the next update.

modus0 March 23rd, 2010 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathias (Post 37072)

OKay, I only mentioned it because I didn't see a previous mention in search.

WarDawg March 24th, 2010 03:00 PM

more Summoner trouble

Making a Summoner. Everything cool at 2nd level except that the Summon Monster I spell-like ability is not showing up in either the Spells tab or in the In-Play tab as a tracked resource.

kargoth March 25th, 2010 06:07 AM

As a nature oracle, choosing the Friend to the Animals revelation, it gives you all the summon nature ally spells on your spell list as known, when it should be that you have to choose them from your spell list.

Quote from text from Final APG playtest: Add all summon nature ally spells to your spell list. You must still select these spells using your allotment of spells know.

Mathias March 25th, 2010 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarDawg (Post 37108)
Making a Summoner. Everything cool at 2nd level except that the Summon Monster I spell-like ability is not showing up in either the Spells tab or in the In-Play tab as a tracked resource.

Fixed in the next update - thanks for the report.

Mathias March 25th, 2010 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kargoth (Post 37123)
As a nature oracle, choosing the Friend to the Animals revelation, it gives you all the summon nature ally spells on your spell list as known, when it should be that you have to choose them from your spell list.

Quote from text from Final APG playtest: Add all summon nature ally spells to your spell list. You must still select these spells using your allotment of spells know.

Ouch - every other instance of specific granted spells doesn't cost anything. I'll put it on my to-do list to muck around with how that works so they cost something. Good catch.

asvaldson March 25th, 2010 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathias (Post 37072)

Along the same lines, when you create a suit of full plate armor, on the second page of the character sheet, it indicates you get a '+5 Max dex, because of the armory mastery, when it calculates your AC on the first page of the character sheet, it leaves your max dex at '+1.

Mathias March 25th, 2010 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asvaldson (Post 37131)
Along the same lines, when you create a suit of full plate armor, on the second page of the character sheet, it indicates you get a '+5 Max dex, because of the armory mastery, when it calculates your AC on the first page of the character sheet, it leaves your max dex at '+1.

A different symptom of the same bug, or at least I can't duplicate it on my system right now.

Edit: I realized something else that may be wrong - what encumbrance level is your character at? Heavy?

If I create a 15th level fighter with DEX 20, and equip a suit of Full Plate, the AC calculations show a +4 AC from DEX. The armor listing for the full plate also shows a +4 max DEX. If I add enough gear to the character to make him heavily encumbered, then the full plate stays at +4, but the AC calculations only show a +1, since encumbrance adds its own max DEX penalty that isn't affected by the Armor Training ability.

Virtue March 25th, 2010 12:48 PM

The Poison on the Drow crossbow Arrow needs to be converted to Pathfinder style poison not 3.5

Virtue March 26th, 2010 08:31 AM

Are the older things on here from the the pathfinder books spouse to be updated or are you guys leaving them un updated (or are you waiting for the bestiary?)
The Void Zombie needs to be undated to Pathfinder rules

Mathias March 26th, 2010 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Virtue (Post 37136)
The Poison on the Drow crossbow Arrow needs to be converted to Pathfinder style poison not 3.5

Quote:

Originally Posted by Virtue (Post 37150)
Are the older things on here from the the pathfinder books spouse to be updated or are you guys leaving them un updated (or are you waiting for the bestiary?)
The Void Zombie needs to be undated to Pathfinder rules

A careful analysis of everything in the 3.5 adventure path material has not been a high priority compared to other things that need to be worked on for Pathfinder (like the APG and the Bestiary). This is one of the projects on my to-do list. Sorry.

Virtue March 26th, 2010 09:25 AM

Just checking So if I were to go through and list all the needed changes would that help you guys out?

Yeah Go APG and Bestiary

Mathias March 26th, 2010 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Virtue (Post 37152)
Just checking So if I were to go through and list all the needed changes would that help you guys out?

Let me get back to you on that - I'm not sure how much time a list would save me over looking everything myself - I'll think about what might be useful. Also, since I'm currently adding type/subtype mechanics, all the creatures had to be modified, so a list you created before you see those changes wouldn't be as useful.

westcpw March 27th, 2010 05:39 AM

Spell Grease Duration as 1 round per level, in Core book states 1 min per level
Also, Wands dont show up charges?

Mathias March 27th, 2010 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westcpw (Post 37175)
Spell Grease Duration as 1 round per level, in Core book states 1 min per level

Fixed in the next update.
Quote:

Originally Posted by westcpw (Post 37175)
Also, Wands dont show up charges?

Have you equipped the wand?

kargoth March 27th, 2010 08:14 PM

Evil Eye under the witch's hex shows up as -4 from levels 1-7, instead of -2. Even though the text says level 8 should be -4. Then at levels 8-20 it changes to -2. instead of being -4. It also says in the text improves attitudes by x number of steps.

shadestemple March 28th, 2010 03:45 PM

So I realized today that HL can make Monster Summoning calculations really easy but notice that a portion of the creatures that you can summon are not there (or actually the base isn't there so I can put the template on it.). I tried using the d20SRD animals but they were off, something GAINED in translation as skills were usually to high.

Though from what I read above this is a minor issue because you are working on the Bestiary? So it is just a manner of time and update before I can select the PF critters to be Celestialized or Fiendishized?

Thanks for all the hard work, love HL.

Mathias March 29th, 2010 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kargoth (Post 37209)
Evil Eye under the witch's hex shows up as -4 from levels 1-7, instead of -2. Even though the text says level 8 should be -4. Then at levels 8-20 it changes to -2. instead of being -4. It also says in the text improves attitudes by x number of steps.

Fixed in the next update - thanks for the report.

Leonal March 29th, 2010 04:27 PM

The spells Alter Self, Antilife Shell, Antiplant Shell had their durations reduced to 1min/level in Pathfinder. They're currently listed with the old 10min/level.

Thanks.

TopCat March 31st, 2010 10:47 AM

I created a character with only Commoner levels (it could be any class that doesn't get all simple and martial weapon proficiencies but Commoner works as well as any for this example. On the feats tab, there's a dropdown to select a single simple weapon proficiency. The dropdown contains all sorts of things (it looks like a list of weapons, attacks, spells, special abilities and more). If you then pick Martial Weapon Proficiency as a feat, you get a similarly cluttered dropdown.

Secondly, when you pick a weapon from either the simple or martial weapon proficiency dropdowns, you get a dialog box that says "Syntax error in dynamic 'candidate' tag expression."

Everything seems to work as expected after that (when you give the character a weapon, the weapons you've picked show as proficient and the character sheet displays correctly) so the contents of the dropdown and the error message are irritations rather than show-stopping bugs.

Mathias March 31st, 2010 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopCat (Post 37313)
I created a character with only Commoner levels (it could be any class that doesn't get all simple and martial weapon proficiencies but Commoner works as well as any for this example. On the feats tab, there's a dropdown to select a single simple weapon proficiency. The dropdown contains all sorts of things (it looks like a list of weapons, attacks, spells, special abilities and more). If you then pick Martial Weapon Proficiency as a feat, you get a similarly cluttered dropdown.

Secondly, when you pick a weapon from either the simple or martial weapon proficiency dropdowns, you get a dialog box that says "Syntax error in dynamic 'candidate' tag expression."

Everything seems to work as expected after that (when you give the character a weapon, the weapons you've picked show as proficient and the character sheet displays correctly) so the contents of the dropdown and the error message are irritations rather than show-stopping bugs.

I just tested this, and can't duplicate it - the simple and martial weapon proficiencies display the correct list of weapons. The problem is, that I can't think of anything that could create this problem on your system and not on mine. Both of those feats use the standard restriction mechanisms, and there's not supposed to be a way that user-added content could affect that.

Are any other things with selectors affected? Weapon focus or skill focus for example? Does it still exist after restarting Hero Lab?

If the expression that tells Hero Lab what things to display in a menu is not correctly formatted (the syntax error), it will show everything in that menu, and then report the error - which is what you're seeing. The expression is generated internally though.

TopCat March 31st, 2010 02:58 PM

OK, I've done some testing and you're right that a new character worked fine. Then I changed the race to half-orc (which is the race of the character I spotted the problem with). Bingo. The simple weapon proficiency dropdown which had previously only contained simple weapons now contained all sorts of stuff. I tried it with all 7 standard PC races and I only saw the problem with half-orcs and half-elves.

Mathias March 31st, 2010 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopCat (Post 37330)
OK, I've done some testing and you're right that a new character worked fine. Then I changed the race to half-orc (which is the race of the character I spotted the problem with). Bingo. The simple weapon proficiency dropdown which had previously only contained simple weapons now contained all sorts of stuff. I tried it with all 7 standard PC races and I only saw the problem with half-orcs and half-elves.

Found it. This will be fixed in the next update. Thanks for reporting it.

goku60018 April 1st, 2010 07:49 AM

when is the next update gonna be

Mathias April 1st, 2010 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leonal (Post 37247)
The spells Alter Self, Antilife Shell, Antiplant Shell had their durations reduced to 1min/level in Pathfinder. They're currently listed with the old 10min/level.

Thanks.

Fixed in the next update. Thanks for the report.

Mathias April 1st, 2010 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goku60018 (Post 37353)
when is the next update gonna be

I'm afraid this is still up in the air right now. Rob and Colen are out of town today (April 1st), so I'll be able to discuss schedules with them when they get back, and decide whether we'll be publishing a bug fix update before the Bestiary update (that one's still a few weeks away).

Haligon April 2nd, 2010 10:29 AM

Minor Traits issue

Not a major issue, but I noted two things about the Magical Knack trait.

1 - It only allows you to select a class you *already have*. I find nothing in the trait that would indicate such a restriction (A lvl 1 Fighter might take such a trait for Wizard, and then pick up Wizard as a class later on)

2 - (I may be misinterpreting rules on this one) Hero Lab will not let me take the Magical Knack trait twice (for two different classes). I don't see any rules reason that someone couldn't have a Magical Knack as both a Cleric and a Sorcerer...(I got around this by adding a duplicate of the trait, calling it '2nd Magical Knack' :) )

ShadowChemosh April 2nd, 2010 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haligon (Post 37389)
2 - (I may be misinterpreting rules on this one) Hero Lab will not let me take the Magical Knack trait twice (for two different classes). I don't see any rules reason that someone couldn't have a Magical Knack as both a Cleric and a Sorcerer...(I got around this by adding a duplicate of the trait, calling it '2nd Magical Knack' :) )

Actually their is and its on page 3 of the Trait Document under "Restrictions on Trait Selection". You can only take one trait from each trait type. So for example only one magical trait, one campaign trait, or any combination that allows only one type of each trait.

ShadowChemosh April 3rd, 2010 12:01 AM

The Armor Expert trait (thingid trArmorExp) is correctly lowering the ACP on armor and shields, but the actual value being applied to the skills does not include the lowered ACP. So for example it shows only -2 ACP on the armor, but it still removes -3 from the actual skills.

Also it appears the trait is lowering the ACP of shields and going by the wording I think it should only lower armor values not shields also.

Thanks