Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Shadowrun (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Any update on Shadowrun 5 support? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=45755)

Insaniac99 September 11th, 2013 10:34 AM

Any update on Shadowrun 5 support?

In Late June you sent a newsletter that said:

Quote:

Shadowrun 5 debuted at Origins this year, and we hope a number of you have been able to give it a whirl. As we’ve mentioned in the past, we're planning to support the new version of Shadowrun in Hero Lab. Unfortunately, we've been working through various licensing hurdles since then and can't officially get underway until that's all sorted out. We expect to get everything finalized in the upcoming weeks, after which we'll be diving into implementing all the new changes.

Despite the licensing delays, the groundwork is already in place to get the new version implemented as quickly as possible. We expect to have a release of the new game functionality in the fall. We’ll keep you updated on our progress in future versions of the newsletter and will let you know the projected release date as soon as we can.
I haven't read anything since and was wondering if we could get some sort of update on how the licensing issues are working out.

EDIT and I have been answered! On facebook they posted:

http://on.fb.me/1attaw2
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hero Lab FB Page 08/30/13
You have spoken and now we can answer! We are happy to announce that Lone Wolf Development, in collaboration with Catalyst Games, will be supporting Shadownrun 5 in Hero Lab. This was finalized recently, so our development team just got started on creating the files after returning from Gen Con. Because of the licensing delay, we expect to have Shadownrun 5 implemented by the end of 2013.

Because of some fundamental changes to the game system, Shadowrun 5 will be offered as a completely new game system for Hero Lab. We will continue to keep you updated on progress and will let you know if there are any changes to the projected release date.

thank you Wolf lair, nylanfs and everyone else who answered!

Thunderforge September 11th, 2013 08:48 PM

Also curious to know how things are going. Hero Lab will make generating SR5 characters much easier.

nylanfs September 12th, 2013 05:06 AM

They finalized licensing during GenCon and have started working on it.

http://on.fb.me/1attaw2

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hero Lab FB Page 08/30/13
You have spoken and now we can answer! We are happy to announce that Lone Wolf Development, in collaboration with Catalyst Games, will be supporting Shadownrun 5 in Hero Lab. This was finalized recently, so our development team just got started on creating the files after returning from Gen Con. Because of the licensing delay, we expect to have Shadownrun 5 implemented by the end of 2013.

Because of some fundamental changes to the game system, Shadowrun 5 will be offered as a completely new game system for Hero Lab. We will continue to keep you updated on progress and will let you know if there are any changes to the projected release date.

chiefweasel September 12th, 2013 10:16 AM

well then, shut up and take my money!!

Insaniac99 September 12th, 2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefweasel (Post 165427)
well then, shut up and take my money!!

Agreed, this is awesome news!

when I saw that post I was really worried. I am going to update my first post do any others who come wandering in get a quick answer :)

nylanfs September 12th, 2013 08:17 PM

To get you through till they get the dataset done there are some excellent excel and pdf's posted to the Shadowrun Tabletop forums that are pretty good.

http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/...?topic=12682.0

crowofgames September 18th, 2013 10:19 AM

Woot! Very cool. I look forward to spending the money on the Hero Lab modules for SR5. :)

Thunderforge October 1st, 2013 05:09 AM

Oh well. I was hoping for an update in the September Newsletter, but no luck. Hopefully things are still on track for this year.

nylanfs November 1st, 2013 11:17 AM

Nothing in the October update on SR news :(

liz November 1st, 2013 12:01 PM

Hey Shadowrun 5 fans! Unfortunately we did not have any news to report in the October newsletter. Now that some of our other Hero Lab projects are out the door, we hope to have news about projects like Shadowrun 5 soon!

Mara November 4th, 2013 06:46 AM

Cool! Good to know! Looking forward to this! Will it be using the published
rules, or the errata that are supposed to being put out?

Mathias November 4th, 2013 06:52 AM

We always want to make sure Hero Lab matches any official rulings, but when I searched the Catalyst page last week for errata pages, I did not find any for 5th edition.

Insaniac99 November 4th, 2013 09:51 AM

YAY!

The official errata is not out yet, so no surprise there. there are some pieces of unofficial errata that has been said "This will be made official" but beyond the Mystic Adepts spending 5 karma per power point at character creation, I don't remember what else there is.

Pollution November 5th, 2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathias (Post 168496)
We always want to make sure Hero Lab matches any official rulings, but when I searched the Catalyst page last week for errata pages, I did not find any for 5th edition.

Right now, there is no errata.

The closest you can find is the Season 5 FAQ/rules. So if you have that option (like you do in 4th) in HL, then that's all you're going to find.

Other issues you will run into is typos. For example, it says submersion for Technomancers is 10x[Grade]x3 for Technomancers in one spot, but later it states (correctly) that Submersion is 10+[Grade]x3 (just like Initiation).

that's just one example.

llothos December 9th, 2013 09:11 PM

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=39006

http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/...?topic=11363.0

not official but still some good info

nylanfs December 10th, 2013 05:08 AM

Right, but I was wanting to know if they where going to be taking pre-orders a month or so before the reliably believed that they'd have it out. :)

Myskyl December 19th, 2013 04:50 PM

More on SR5?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathias (Post 168496)

Can you offer anything more than "2014, Q1" for HL for SR5? Something to brighten our holiday season?

BTW--I am a retired database programmer with over 25 years of experience. So if you need a beta tester with database experience, I'm available.

wildfire142 January 5th, 2014 07:32 AM

Fingers crossed this is early Q1 rather than late Q1 early Q2 :)

nylanfs January 6th, 2014 07:54 PM

What, you don't have your copy yet, weird.

wildfire142 January 7th, 2014 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nylanfs (Post 173704)
What, you don't have your copy yet, weird.

Show me a link and I'll gladly give Lone Wolf my money :)

nylanfs January 8th, 2014 05:11 AM

Oh I don't have a link, it was delivered by a nondescript man in a fedora in a briefcase attached to his wrist with a handcuff. And after I put the gold plated CD in my computer and installed it, the CD then disintegrated.

I figured everyone got the same delivery. No?

wildfire142 January 8th, 2014 05:38 AM

No :)

BoomerET January 8th, 2014 08:34 AM

Now I really am confused. That's SOP.

BoomerET

Myskyl January 15th, 2014 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildfire142 (Post 173716)
Show me a link and I'll gladly give Lone Wolf my money :)

Ditto!

TheMaskedFerret February 6th, 2014 01:48 PM

Any word on the status? There was nothing in the January update.

Mara February 9th, 2014 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMaskedFerret (Post 175347)
Any word on the status? There was nothing in the January update.

With the Errata just released, they are probably having to redo whole sections of code they thought they had already finished.

thedarkelf007 February 9th, 2014 03:05 PM

Shadowrun Errata http://www.shadowruntabletop.com/201...now-available/

nylanfs February 20th, 2014 07:48 AM

I would REALLY like to throw money at someone ...

cryptoknight February 20th, 2014 01:25 PM

Ideally they'd get it out before the splat books, and get pre-release copies of those to be able to release data files as the new splat books come out.

Talk about having money thrown at them.

nylanfs February 25th, 2014 02:14 PM

Money. Burning. Hole.

Aaron February 25th, 2014 02:34 PM

Oh my god, that man's pants are on fire! * Grabs a fire extinguisher *

* Fshhhh * Stop drop and roll dude!

liz February 25th, 2014 04:04 PM

We're making progress! If you haven't already, check out the pictures we shared on Facebook and Twitter.

thedarkelf007 February 27th, 2014 01:16 AM

Can we have some of the pics here for those who don't use twitter or facebook?

liz February 27th, 2014 08:13 AM

They'll also be in the newsletter coming out in a few days. :)

nylanfs March 7th, 2014 06:33 AM

le sigh

RavenX March 7th, 2014 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron (Post 176449)
Oh my god, that man's pants are on fire! * Grabs a fire extinguisher *

* Fshhhh * Stop drop and roll dude!

Watch out for those Halloweeners man, hide your elf ears!

nylanfs March 26th, 2014 06:50 PM

le sigh

BlueMax March 27th, 2014 09:41 AM

As we creep up to Origins, it sinks in that the 5e version of the game has been out nearly a year. As a fan, I would like to help. Is this a matter of funding? Would a crowd funding site work? Is the code required for the rules changes inordinately complex?
How do we help?

ahglock March 27th, 2014 02:04 PM

Yeah. I'm getting pretty sick of making characters by hand. I assume they don't want to lose my sale to some freebie on the market. I'd rather get the bells and whistles version, but if I have to invest my time into learning excel spreadsheet builder x. I'll just stick with that.

RavenX March 27th, 2014 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueMax (Post 178533)
As we creep up to Origins, it sinks in that the 5e version of the game has been out nearly a year. As a fan, I would like to help. Is this a matter of funding? Would a crowd funding site work? Is the code required for the rules changes inordinately complex?
How do we help?

The Changes from 4e to 5e were significant enough that they started coding from a skeleton file as far as I know. It isn't a matter of funding so much as time as far as I am aware. They've been working on it, along with Fate Core, Realm Works, and Pathfinder materials simultaneously. There is only so much time in a day and it does take a while to build a system from the bare skeleton files in the authoring kit.