Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Pathfinder Bug Reports, Version 5.0 (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=12685)

Mathias March 24th, 2011 07:21 AM

Pathfinder Bug Reports, Version 5.0

(a bug reports thread for the 3/23/11 release)

Theocrat March 24th, 2011 01:42 PM

This is more of an issue with ShadowChemosh's (I believe) Magus (Final) class. With the new Inner Sea Guide update the wRevolver is listed as duplicate as it's in the Magus (Final) user file. I removed the wRevolver weapon in the editor, but on the test I get an error for non-existent bootstrap thing. Whats the correct way to fix something like this?

ShadowChemosh March 24th, 2011 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theocrat (Post 53771)
This is more of an issue with ShadowChemosh's (I believe) Magus (Final) class. With the new Inner Sea Guide update the wRevolver is listed as duplicate as it's in the Magus (Final) user file. I removed the wRevolver weapon in the editor, but on the test I get an error for non-existent bootstrap thing. Whats the correct way to fix something like this?

The Magus is fully updated in HL so think you should just remove the whole .user file. I just remove it from the d20pfsrd site for the same reason. :)

unforgivn March 24th, 2011 09:09 PM

The Spell Blending magus arcanum allows you to add wizard spells to your spellbook, but it doesn't allow you to prepare them.

Daeorian March 25th, 2011 01:50 AM

Why does a cat get an Artisan's Outfit?

I'm creating a feline NPC. HL rightfully denies skills in Disable Device, Slight of Hand, Use Magic Device, etc. because the cat doesn't have hands and can't handle things as a person would.

A cat also can't wear clothing, so why does Artisan's Outfit show up under Gear?

And a follow-up question: I've given this cat (a wizard's familiar) a level of Sorcerer with the Arcane bloodline. I get a warning message on the bottom of the application's window saying, "Arcane Bloodline Class Skill: you must choose an option". So, I click on "Special Abilities" and Arcane Bloodline Class Skill is on the top of the list. But, when I try to choose a class skill, the drop-down list only says, "Nothing to select".

Maidhc O Casain March 25th, 2011 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daeorian (Post 53799)
And a follow-up question: I've given this cat (a wizard's familiar) a level of Sorcerer with the Arcane bloodline. I get a warning message on the bottom of the application's window saying, "Arcane Bloodline Class Skill: you must choose an option". So, I click on "Special Abilities" and Arcane Bloodline Class Skill is on the top of the list. But, when I try to choose a class skill, the drop-down list only says, "Nothing to select".

You'll have to manually add Knowledge Skill(s) to the skill list on that tab. Once you do that, it/they will appear in the drop down list.

Maidhc O Casain March 25th, 2011 03:35 AM

I've made an Inquisitor worshiping Pharasma. Chose the 'Death, Pharasma' domain, and I get a pre-req error stating that my deity doesn't allow access to that domain.

Daeorian March 25th, 2011 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mowgli (Post 53801)
You'll have to manually add Knowledge Skill(s) to the skill list on that tab. Once you do that, it/they will appear in the drop down list.

Does it have to be a Knowledge Skill? Can't it be Stealth or Perception or something like that?

p.s. Good morning, early bird.

Sendric March 25th, 2011 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daeorian (Post 53804)
Does it have to be a Knowledge Skill? Can't it be Stealth or Perception or something like that?

I don't know much about Sorcerer bloodlines, but I believe it depends on the bloodline. For instance, the Shadow bloodline grants Stealth as a class skill. Arcane grants Knowledge (any one) so in that case, yes, it would have to be a knowledge skill.

HowwwwL March 25th, 2011 06:34 AM

More Weapon woes...

Sawtooth Sabre 'when equipping in each hand' (with exotic weapon proficiency off hand is considered light). It will calculate the to hit and damage bonuses, but will NOT transfer this to the character sheet. On the character sheet it keeps them both as individual one handed weapons. So you don't know what the bonuses should be.
:(

Maidhc O Casain March 25th, 2011 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daeorian (Post 53804)

p.s. Good morning, early bird.

Morning! (Not as early here in Arkansas as in Washington!)

Sendric has the right of it - Arcane Bloodline grants one Knowledge skill as a class skill.

javadragon March 25th, 2011 09:52 AM

Mithral armor material used armor check penalty reduction is 2 when it should be 3

The description for the mithral special material is correct in that is says "armor check penalties are decreased by 3" but when choosing this option it only decreases it by 2.

Daeorian March 25th, 2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mowgli (Post 53810)
Sendric has the right of it - Arcane Bloodline grants one Knowledge skill as a class skill.

Well, I added Knowledge Arcana, but I still get the problem. "Arcane Bloodline's Class Skill" has "No Selection/Nothing to select" in the drop-down list. :confused:

Theocrat March 25th, 2011 10:17 PM

I'm wondering if the Magus was updated in the latest update. When I was using the Magus (Final) from d20PFSRD - I had access to the APG Spells. But after removing the Magus (Final) user file my Magus using the only one present in HL is 'defective.' The Character did die, but this defectiveness was not the cause.
Is it something that is or is not updating in the Magus version with HL?

zizazat March 26th, 2011 05:47 AM

Creating a weapon of Alchemical Silver doesn't appear to be including the -1 to damage? Is this oversight or design?

ShadowChemosh March 26th, 2011 07:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by zizazat (Post 53852)
Creating a weapon of Alchemical Silver doesn't appear to be including the -1 to damage? Is this oversight or design?

Seems to work fine for me. Just tested using a blank character. What exactly are you seeing?

Here's the screen shot:

blzbob March 26th, 2011 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 53855)
Seems to work fine for me. Just tested using a blank character. What exactly are you seeing?

Here's the screen shot:

This is something I noticed with one of the characters in a game I am running. His urgrosh damage did not change when it was made with alchemical silver. This was before the update. For some reason everything is ok now. I don't know what changed but his experience is not unique.

ShadowChemosh March 26th, 2011 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blzbob (Post 53860)
I don't know what changed but his experience is not unique.

In that case more info about what he is seeing is needed. As a base blank character works fine. So is it some strange combination of abilities or is someone maybe forgetting about a fighters Weapon Training? :)

Either way more info is always better when giving bug reports. The more info given the easier it is to track down and fix.

blzbob March 26th, 2011 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 53866)
In that case more info about what he is seeing is needed. As a base blank character works fine. So is it some strange combination of abilities or is someone maybe forgetting about a fighters Weapon Training? :)

Either way more info is always better when giving bug reports. The more info given the easier it is to track down and fix.

It was weird in my case. We made the weapon with alchemical silver and then realized we didn't want to do that so we remade the weapon (not edit, but made an entirely new weapon) and there was no change in damage. Now, when I edit the weapon, there is a change in damage. I have noticed some weird flukes that are fixed when I close and reopen HL. This may have been one of them.

zizazat March 26th, 2011 04:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 53855)

Here's the screen shot:

Just created a heavy mace made of alchemical silver and it should be straight d8, not d8+1 (character has +1 str bonus). My normal masterwork heavy mace is +3 on the melee attack and d8+1, alchemical silver heavy mace should be +2 on the melee attack and d8.

Bishop37 March 26th, 2011 05:41 PM

The Expanded Repertoire ability of the Magician alternate class for Bards does not allow for higher spell levels gained from prestige class levels.

For example: Bard (Magician) 9/Harrower 3 takes his next level in Bard, getting another pick for Expanded Repertoire. He should be able to choose 0 thru 5th level spells, however, he can only pick from 0 thru 4th (the spell levels earned directly by his bard levels).

chava March 26th, 2011 08:43 PM

Charda (monster)

Get an error message for the Improved Trip - Need to have Combat Expertise and Int 13+.... Need to check the 'No Pre-reqs' box.

Charda with Blacktongue Charda template:
lacking spell-like abilities: 1/day - acid arrow, control water, deeper darkness, obscuring mist, transmute rock to mud

Zann Greyfalcon March 26th, 2011 11:24 PM

It looks like the Fighter Armor Training is not calculating correctly, or I am missing something (which is always possible).

My 11th level Fighter has +2 Full Plate and armor trainin 3, but it is showing an armor check penalty of -3. (Dex is 14, but I don't think that matters for this example)
The armor check penalty for normal Full Plate is -6.
+2 Full Plate is automatically masterwork, so it is reduced to -5.
Armor training 3, so it should be reduced to -2.
However, the armor check penalty remains at -3.

If something has changed that I am unaware of, or I am just plain incorrect. Please let me know.

Thank you

Mathias March 27th, 2011 01:07 AM

Please note that not all silver weapons get the damage penalty - only the slashing and piercing ones (Core Rulebook, pg. 155)

Mathias March 27th, 2011 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chava (Post 53874)
Charda (monster)

Get an error message for the Improved Trip - Need to have Combat Expertise and Int 13+.... Need to check the 'No Pre-reqs' box.

Look at the Feats entry for the Charda in the B2 - Improved Trip does not have a superscript B, meaning bonus feat. Therefore, that feat is one the critter's chosen with its feat slots, so it's supposed to follow the rules.

Missing feat prereqs and insufficient ability score requirements come up all too often in Paizo's monster creations.

ShadowChemosh March 27th, 2011 12:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zann Greyfalcon (Post 53881)
It looks like the Fighter Armor Training is not calculating correctly, or I am missing something (which is always possible).

My 11th level Fighter has +2 Full Plate and armor trainin 3, but it is showing an armor check penalty of -3. (Dex is 14, but I don't think that matters for this example)
The armor check penalty for normal Full Plate is -6.
+2 Full Plate is automatically masterwork, so it is reduced to -5.
Armor training 3, so it should be reduced to -2.
However, the armor check penalty remains at -3.

If something has changed that I am unaware of, or I am just plain incorrect. Please let me know.

Thank you

So their does appear to be an issue but I don't think it has anything to do with Fighter but with magic armor.

After some testing it looks like Magical Armor is no longer applying the MW part to the ACP. I just used a blank 1st level fighter with three different suites of armor and you can see they are off. The ACP for the +1 Full Plate is at -6 not -5 like the MW armor.

I did use my CORE data set with no .user files for testing. Here is a screen shot so you can see what I mean.

silverhair2012 March 27th, 2011 06:17 PM

This afternoon we were playing a Society scenario. I was running my 1st level Witch. She went to cast Ray of Enfeeblement. In HL it has the duration as 1 minute/level. However, printing 4 of the Core has the spell listed as 1 round/level.:confused:

Virtue March 28th, 2011 07:04 AM

The DC on the Sandman Bard Class is not figuring correctly all my other abilities are DC 17 and it is DC 13

Edit for his steal spell ability

Mathias March 28th, 2011 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 53891)
So their does appear to be an issue but I don't think it has anything to do with Fighter but with magic armor.

After some testing it looks like Magical Armor is no longer applying the MW part to the ACP. I just used a blank 1st level fighter with three different suites of armor and you can see they are off. The ACP for the +1 Full Plate is at -6 not -5 like the MW armor.

I did use my CORE data set with no .user files for testing. Here is a screen shot so you can see what I mean.

Sigh. I fixed a minor bug - that Hellknight plate is already masterwork and doesn't gain another -1 to ACP if enchanted - and in the process created a major bug. I'll get this fixed in the next update. Thanks to everyone who reported this, and I'm very sorry for creating this problem.

Daeorian March 28th, 2011 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mowgli (Post 53801)

When a particular Knowledge skill is a class skill, why must it be added manually? Shouldn't it automatically show up?

Mathias March 28th, 2011 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daeorian (Post 53936)
When a particular Knowledge skill is a class skill, why must it be added manually? Shouldn't it automatically show up?

Automatically adding and deleting things is a large can of worms. What happens to the skill if you change your mind about what class you want - if you decide to make this character a Sorcerer instead of a Wizard, would you rather have your knowledge/arcana skill ranks stay intact, or would you be wondering why that skill, and that skill alone, had lost the record of the points you put into it (when it was deleted with the class that added it, the user-entered information was lost, too - the fresh copy added with the new class doesn't know there had been a copy before).

What about a Bard or a Wizard, who has every knowledge skill as a class skill - how many entries do you want to see in the skill list? With the current method, it's your choice how many of those you want to see (Bards can use all knowledge skills untrained, but we leave it up to the user how many of those they want to see in their skill list).

Exitilus March 28th, 2011 06:24 PM

Advanced Players Guide

Wolf Shaman / Druid Totem Transformation. You can only apply the effects for a certain time limit a day. I just made myself a Wolf Shaman and found that when I choose which Totem Transformation. It gives me a Bite Attack that shows up permanently on the character sheet. Rather than an In-Play Adjustment.

Daeorian March 28th, 2011 06:57 PM

Inaccuracy in Stealthy feat.

The Summary Text says, "You get a +2 bonus on all Hide checks and Move Silently" while the description text says, "You are good at avoiding unwanted attention and slipping out of bonds.

{b}Benefit{/b}: You get a +2 bonus on all Escape Artist and Stealth skill checks. If you have 10 or more ranks in one of these skills, the bonus increases to +4 for that skill."

I found this when I printed my character and found the comment about Hide and Move Silently on the sheet. So, I loaded the editor and did a "New (Copy)" on the Feat tab. That way I could see where the erroneous text was.

chava March 28th, 2011 11:22 PM

Problem with Fighter (Archer archtype)

Weapon Master (20th level ability) should increase the critical multiplier of chosen weapon (longbow in my case) to x4, but it stays x3.

karmill March 29th, 2011 09:20 AM

Longbow, Composite does not seem to appear in the Weapon Focus or Weapon Specialization lists when choosing the feats although it does show up in the Point Blank Master feat.

Lawful_g March 29th, 2011 01:51 PM

Composite Longbows count as Longbows for the purpose of feats. Choose that weapon and it will also affect the composite version.

Mathias March 29th, 2011 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karmill (Post 53958)
Longbow, Composite does not seem to appear in the Weapon Focus or Weapon Specialization lists when choosing the feats although it does show up in the Point Blank Master feat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lawful_g (Post 53966)
Composite Longbows count as Longbows for the purpose of feats. Choose that weapon and it will also affect the composite version.

The bug here is that composite longbows are showing up for the Point Blank Master feat. I've put that on my to-do list.

pbrain March 30th, 2011 06:07 PM

A tiger animal companion is receiving +4 stealth and +4 acrobatics, but Mr. Jacobs says in the following link that they should not receive it: http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards...cialSkillBonus
Edit: And here: http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards...hThis&page=1#8

RMR March 30th, 2011 08:11 PM

After installing V5 i get this error when loading pathfinder up.

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

the following errors occurred

thing 'cHelpCRM' - Bootstrap thing 'cPFRMAWepF' does not exist

Mathias March 31st, 2011 07:51 AM

RMR - Check what user files you have loaded. Look in the HeroLab/data/pathfinder folder, and try moving all the .user files out of that folder, and in HL press ctrl-r for a quick reload - make sure it works now. Then, put the .user files back in the HeroLab/data/pathfinder directory one at a time, using ctrl-r each time to try compiling things with the current set of user files, and identify which of those user files is the problem. Then, you can use the editor to fix the problem, now that you've identified which file to look in.