Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Savage Worlds (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Savage Pathfinder (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=65411)

techogre February 14th, 2021 12:08 PM

Savage Pathfinder

Will there be a Savage Worlds Pathfinder data set available? Is it in the works?

Thanks!

CapedCrusader February 17th, 2021 10:26 PM

I have not received any information yet.

techogre February 18th, 2021 02:46 PM

Good to know.

Thanks!

CapedCrusader March 26th, 2021 12:07 AM

They released the Core Book for this today. On a quick first read-through, most of this is already in Hero Lab in one form or another. I don't know how deep support for this will be, but there is some material I will need to take care of no matter which way it goes, and I'll start on that this weekend. Onward!

dartnet March 26th, 2021 04:55 PM

The big change is how Power Points work whit multiple Arcane Backgrounds.

CapedCrusader March 26th, 2021 11:15 PM

I haven't looked at Powers yet, I'll know more this weekend.

CapedCrusader March 28th, 2021 10:28 AM

Yeah, that's going to be interesting. It was a lot of work to set each Arcane Background up with it's own pool of Power Points. They are totally separate now. That will likely require some core level changes and not just a Setting file. It may depend on what Lone Wolf decides about how much support this will get.

CapedCrusader March 28th, 2021 10:29 AM

A way to handle it locally might be to use a single AB to track Power Points and ignore the points on any additional AB's...

Gumbytie March 29th, 2021 02:03 PM

FYI for Caped Crusader, long, long ago I ran Pathfinder adapted for Savage Worlds for my old gaming group. After receiving the initial rule draft from Kickstarter I looked my file over. Near as I can tell, all the equipment is done and I even got most of the new Edges and Race stuff entered over the weekend. I skipped Prestige edges and didn't really look at new/changed spells. Long story short, I can send you a copy of the file if you like.

CapedCrusader March 30th, 2021 08:15 AM

I have the Races already done, but sure send it along.

Gumbytie March 30th, 2021 01:40 PM

CapedCrusader, just shared a DropBox link via private forum chat. Hopefully it works for you. Please let me know. I have had issues with sharing files through DropBox lately.

CapedCrusader April 19th, 2021 05:57 PM

OK, the Private Message system being down really threw a monkey wrench into this process. I was communicating with two different folks about Savage Pathfinder.

I wasn't able to get the file from DropBox. I PM'ed back about it, but you may not have gotten a chance to see it. And I can't get to the link now.

I just mostly finished the Hindrances and Edges, including the Class Edges, although I still have to do the Class Level Edges, and the Prestige Edges. And I have all the Powers done.

I haven't dealt with the common Power Point pool yet, or the equipment. I was kind of hoping to hear what Lone Wolf wants to do on this before I tackle that particular thing. It's not going to be easy. The whole point of SWADE was to separate those. If I can modify the base code to support this, it will be easier. I also still need to deal with the Cleric Domains and the Spell Schools, and I'm waiting for the same reason.

Gumbytie April 26th, 2021 06:01 PM

So, we finally have your update released, congratz!

Have you heard anything official regarding support for Savage Pathfinder?

I have continued working on my file as our other GM would like to give it a go. We all understand we are working with beta rules.

For Domains I ended up using Factions. It is hidden until someone takes the Cleric background then it appears and they can choose a Domain.

For Bloodlines I did the same thing using Groups. Not elegant but works for now. It cannot support expanding with the Advanced Form of the Bloodline.

And spells, assuming this is a go. Will there be new tags associated with the proper school? I haven't figured out a way to that myself just yet.

Anyways, look forward to seeing it if it is a go.

Gumbytie April 26th, 2021 06:08 PM

Sorry, remembered another question. Will magic items and such be unlocked now for Savage Pathfinder? Right now they only unlock with Companion book option. Which is not needed for Pathfinder.

And will we maybe get the option to finally modify weapons by materials as per Pathfinder? Like darkwood, mithral, etc.

CapedCrusader April 26th, 2021 09:31 PM

I have not heard regarding Pathfinder yet. That's my next line of questions to them.

As far as what unlocks the magic items, let me see on that. The coding that goes with magic items is part of the Fantasy Companion at present.

We are in a strange place, where Pinnacle hasn't updated the Companion material to SWADE yet. So we are kind of shoe-horning things until they do. We'll try to get them all to play nice together as best we can.

PS I'm also working on my file... but you already knew that lol

CapedCrusader April 27th, 2021 08:21 AM

OK, Excellent News, folks!

Lone Wolf has given me the green light to treat Savage Pathfinder like a full-blown companion-level book. So this will get the full treatment, including dedicated objects to handle things like Domains and Schools without having to take up Factions and Groups, and access to the Magic Items objects.

And there was much rejoicing!

Maidhc O Casain April 27th, 2021 04:11 PM

Suh-WEET! That's awesome!

Gumbytie April 27th, 2021 04:14 PM

Most awesome news sir!!! Sigh, sadly I will still have to keep my little hack going until you wrap yours up so my other GM can run our game. We are switching between two different games so might be a bit before any leveling and magic :)

Gumbytie May 7th, 2021 08:48 AM

Hopefully I can explain this well. I went through and did all the creatures from the Bestiary section of the SW Pathfinder Core book. Pretty easy until I got to the Racial Ability Size.

So abSize is a default option. Bootstrap that for Bird of Prey (size-2) and put in the following values for abSize:
  • Fields Id: abilValue
  • Value: -2

Now if you look at the actual abSize you see this script:
Code:

Pre-Traits/5000

field[livename].text = field[name].text & " " & signed(field[abilValue].value)
            if (hero.tagis[source.ShowSize] <> 0) then
        perform #traitadjust[trSize,+,field[abilValue].value,"Size"]
      else
        perform #traitadjust[trTough,+,field[abilValue].value,"Size"]
                    endif

Calc trtFinal

Now what you get on your creature:
  • Toughness: 5 (should be 3)
  • Size: -2 (correct)

And it also appears that SWADE has the size modify the Strength. Can't remember is this true in Deluxe. So the above bird would have Strength d4-2.

So the Toughness part of code not working correctly. And maybe it was never reflected in modifying Strength but would be nice if it did.

CapedCrusader June 21st, 2021 05:12 PM

OK, they have released the final versions of Savage Pathfinder. I'll go through this and continue work on it. So far, the things I still need to solve are using a single Power Point pool for all arcane backgrounds and going back to the Deluxe style Languages for Pathfinder.
I've created objects that act like Factions and Groups for the Divine Domains and Arcane Schools. Now that the goal posts have stopped moving it will be easier to complete this.

CapedCrusader September 15th, 2021 01:52 PM

Update - I'm currently getting the Domains and Schools and Bloodlines all set up (That's right, folks - three more Faction/Group sets. Say hello to Crews, Teams, and Clubs, the existing ones were taken up by Alignment and Deity) - I have them all set up and I'm doing the backend code for them, and I have the issues with Languages and the common Power Point pool worked out.

Anyone else notice they got rid of half the Alignment definition? Simpler, sure, but I think I will miss the whole Law vs Chaos bit. LOL

jbearwillis September 15th, 2021 05:10 PM

Thanks for the update... and thanks for all you do.

Maidhc O Casain September 16th, 2021 10:25 AM

Thanks, SC.

Yes, I'll miss the Law vs Chaos alignment too.

Diaz Ex Machina April 15th, 2022 05:58 PM

Is this still worked on?I was thinking of getting SWADE for HLC just for playing PF in a new way.

CapedCrusader April 15th, 2022 11:45 PM

Yes, this is still in work. I am dealing with a computer that has been in the shop for over a month. I got it back once (after a repair quote of over $2000), and three days later one of the fans started shrieking. So, back to the shop it went. The theory is that I get it back late next week sometime.
Once I get my machine back, I can continue work on this. I am dealing with the details of the class-specific stuff. I had to add another tab for that, and I'm moving some things I had on other tabs to this new one.
The computer issues I've been dealing with since before Christmas have slowed me down quite a bit. I also have the new SWADE versions of the Super Powers Companion and now the Fantasy Companion to work on. You have all seen the new self-run kickstarter Pinnacle is running, yes?
Please forgive me for the extended delay getting this out.

techogre July 6th, 2022 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapedCrusader (Post 298818)
Yes, this is still in work. I am dealing with a computer that has been in the shop for over a month. I got it back once (after a repair quote of over $2000), and three days later one of the fans started shrieking. So, back to the shop it went. The theory is that I get it back late next week sometime.
Once I get my machine back, I can continue work on this. I am dealing with the details of the class-specific stuff. I had to add another tab for that, and I'm moving some things I had on other tabs to this new one.
The computer issues I've been dealing with since before Christmas have slowed me down quite a bit. I also have the new SWADE versions of the Super Powers Companion and now the Fantasy Companion to work on. You have all seen the new self-run kickstarter Pinnacle is running, yes?
Please forgive me for the extended delay getting this out.

First, I hope your computer issues have been resolved.
Second, how are the Pathfinder, Superpowers Companion (3rd ed), and Fantasy Companions coming along?
Thank you for your work.

CapedCrusader July 6th, 2022 07:44 AM

I have my computer back, and have continued work on Pathfinder. The front end should be complete now, I am finishing up the backend coding. Then I will be able to move on to the other updates.

CrashTestDummy October 25th, 2022 02:19 PM

deleted content due to repeated post

CrashTestDummy October 25th, 2022 02:33 PM

CrashTestDummy October 26th, 2022 08:51 AM

Hi CC, been following this thread for a long time, but see it's been a few months since the last update. Is there any news to add?
Also, I've have quite a lot of professional experience with proof-reading and app testing. Please take that as an offer of assistance if it's any use to you.
Lastly, thanks for your efforts on this and other HL projects.

CrashTestDummy October 26th, 2022 08:53 AM

asvaldson December 14th, 2022 05:33 PM

Hey Caped Crusader, you doing ok? I mean coding wise, just in general lol. last thing you said here was in June, October in general and with the way the world is going... anyway, hope you are having a good holiday and I look forward to Savage Pathfinder.

CapedCrusader December 15th, 2022 07:09 AM

Working on equipment now, my plan is to wrap it up in the quiet time between Christmas and the New Year.

JmOz December 19th, 2022 02:19 AM

So, this does indicate that HL is still developing* files for SW? Glad to hear it (No rush, just was not sure state of the "license*")

* I feel these are the wrong terms, but hopefully my intent is clear...

CapedCrusader December 20th, 2022 08:08 AM

Yeah, my life has been interesting lately LOL.

asvaldson January 14th, 2023 10:10 PM

Heya CapedCrusader, hope your holidays went better than your last post may have insinuated lol.

CapedCrusader January 15th, 2023 09:56 AM

Oh, I'm working on Magic Items now.
The way they've set up Potions, Scrolls and Wands are going to be a problem. There are so many variables. You know those Modifications you can make as you cast a spell? Those can be baked into these magic items. Creating a detailed system to handle each possibility will be prohibitively expensive. I am working on doing a set by point total with a space for notes on details. I'm working on Wondrous Items now. Once those are done, all that should be left is Creatures. I've been working pretty steadily since the Christmas holiday. I have the general Weapon and Armor enchantments set up using the Modifications system we developed for the Sci-Fi Companion Melee Weapon modifications.

CapedCrusader January 15th, 2023 12:18 PM

On the other hand...
I was taking a look at the SWADE Fantasy Companion update. They've adopted a lot of the Pathfinder material for the new one. Contruction Materials. That system for Scrolls.

On an odd note, I only see 3 different Wands, 5 different Staves, and 2 Rods in the new Fantasy Companion. With no open-ended rules for creating them, so that's all there is. And the lists of available Potions is much more limited.

Pathfinder has totally open-ended Potions, Wands and Scrolls. For the SWADE FC, only Scrolls do the same.

CapedCrusader January 15th, 2023 12:26 PM

But yeah, looking at the SWADE FC update, that whole system for supporting magic items from the Deluxe Edition goes away. The update is much more limited, even more so than Pathfinder. We go from being able to apply literally any bonus, Edge, or Power on any item or weapon to a strictly defined list of available items and abilities. The only system that's open-ended now are the temporary items, and those go away as soon as their power points are spent.

asvaldson January 16th, 2023 11:50 PM

eww. that sucks. I still need to buy the FC, I only recently found out it's been released on PDF.