Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - World of Darkness (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   New WoD Update Available (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=9068)

rob August 21st, 2009 01:06 AM

New WoD Update Available

I'm in the process of uploading a new update to the WoD data files. This update fixes a few bugs that have been reported. With a little luck, the next update will contain the approved Changeling files. <fingers crossed>

jonbartels August 21st, 2009 03:53 AM

how soon will that be?

rob August 21st, 2009 09:33 AM

Changeling has been submitted for approvals. I'm hoping it takes just a few weeks. But it could take much longer, depending on White Wolf's process and what they find that they don't like in the Changeling files. However, we did a walk-through of the files with a couple of their top people at GenCon and they liked how everything was handled, so I'm hoping that the only problems are small mechanical issues that we can correct quickly.

burtosd August 21st, 2009 09:50 AM

After seeing the Changeling data files at GenCon (thanks for the quick demo Rob !!) - I can honestly say that they will be well worth the wait ... I really liked what I saw and how the Changeling mechanics were implemented in the tool ...

krathen August 23rd, 2009 06:48 PM

is changeling just the core?

quilledbeast August 25th, 2009 07:01 AM

What else

Why won't White Wolf let you put vampire supplements in? (what i was told at Gen Con)

rob August 26th, 2009 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krathen (Post 32310)
is changeling just the core?

No. Changeling will include all the published material, although probably not all of it immediately. The current files being vetted by White Wolf include all the core stuff, plus all the material from Winter Masques and Rites of Spring. Yes, dual kithing is supported, too. :-)

We'll likely get one more book incorporated before final release. The other books will be added after that, go through testing at White Wolf, and then be released as part of a free update.

rob August 26th, 2009 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quilledbeast (Post 32367)
Why won't White Wolf let you put vampire supplements in? (what i was told at Gen Con)

That was a decision that they made a couple years ago. I just received word *today* that they are now OK with adding the various supplements. So we'll start working on that in the upcoming weeks. Please note that it will take quite some time to add in all the various VtR supplements.

Which supplements are you guys most interested in seeing added first???

Metaphysicus August 26th, 2009 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob (Post 32400)
Which supplements are you guys most interested in seeing added first???

The five clan books.

jonbartels August 26th, 2009 10:04 PM

armory reloaded

Noctivagus August 28th, 2009 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metaphysicus (Post 32418)
The five clan books.

I second the five clan books...preferably Mekhet, Nosferatu, then Ventrue among the first of those. :D

rob September 15th, 2009 05:32 PM

We've received clearance from White Wolf to release the Changeling material. It will be available in the next release of HL, which should be in the next couple of days.

The initial release of Changeling will include the core book plus everything in the Winter Masques and Rites of Spring. This includes full support for dual kiths. The Editor should allow you to readily add content from the other books if you don't want to wait for us to officially implement it and get approval from White Wolf.

jonbartels September 16th, 2009 12:14 AM

tells us more, will it treated as World of darkness add-on? will the other changeling books be added as well?

rob September 16th, 2009 10:52 AM

The Changeling stuff will be included with the current material. It will NOT be separate add-on - at least, not initially. The other CtL books are planned, but they will take some time to add, plus they will need to go through the lengthy vetting process with White Wolf, so they won't be available for a number of months, best case.

Alucard September 16th, 2009 11:25 AM

thats cool, could I use the authoring kit to make my own stuff for Hunter, or Mage...etc?

rob September 16th, 2009 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alucard (Post 33026)
thats cool, could I use the authoring kit to make my own stuff for Hunter, or Mage...etc?

You can use the Editor to add your own content for an already-implemented setting. However, there is no way with the Editor to add your own templates. There is way too much complexity involved in setting up all the basic behaviors for a given template. So there is no way for users to add support for Mage or Hunter to the WoD data files. You can readily add merits, disciplines, contracts, etc. - just not templates.

karpomatic September 18th, 2009 05:39 AM

Can't wait for the new update! Love to see Mage next too.

Mythos September 18th, 2009 12:23 PM

Mage is as Mage does...

Keep up the good work, we are all rooting for you! (patiently awaits mage)

Alucard September 25th, 2009 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob (Post 33028)
You can use the Editor to add your own content for an already-implemented setting. However, there is no way with the Editor to add your own templates. There is way too much complexity involved in setting up all the basic behaviors for a given template. So there is no way for users to add support for Mage or Hunter to the WoD data files. You can readily add merits, disciplines, contracts, etc. - just not templates.

WELL at least I can add Merits for my Hunter game...not sure how... but I guess I have quite a bit of reading..

Mythos September 26th, 2009 10:55 PM

Wow! The Changeling content is incredible! Cant wait to hear about what your working on next. Whatever it is, I am certain we will enjoy it. Keep up the good work guys!