Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Bug Reports - Version 3.14 (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=6773)

KarlM May 19th, 2012 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lawful_g (Post 45557)
In trying to answer someone's question on the forums I have found that monster classes are broken now. I made a test class and got the following error. Same error for all previously made classes.

Attempt to access field 'cSpellExpr' that does not exist for thing 'rPsueTest'
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'Totals' (Eval Script '#6') near line 7
- - -
Attempt to access field 'cSplBkExpr' that does not exist for thing 'rPsueTest'
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'Totals' (Eval Script '#6') near line 8
- - -
Attempt to access field 'cSplScExpr' that does not exist for thing 'rPsueTest'
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'Totals' (Eval Script '#6') near line 9

I'm getting this exact same error. Create a new monster class in a new user file, either by copying or blank. The editor creates the monster class, adds one level to the (also blank) hero in the background, then complains as above. Current version of HL 4.0b

Anyone know any workarounds?

The workaround is to run data file debugging OFF
LOL

Kendall-DM May 24th, 2012 10:15 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Occassionally I have this problem. I create a new thing, and for some reason or another, it doesn't recognize the unique id, calling it invalid. I have no idea why it ends up doing this, I usually have to start from scratch on the thing I'm creating to make it work, which is annoying. Again, I can't seem to reproduce this reliably, it just seems to happen spontaneously and for no real reason. I make a thing, and it comes back with an invalid unique id error. This is the first image.

Then I duplicate it and give it a totally unique id, where it still continues to call it invalid. Essentially, unless I delete it, it is totally useless. Any idea why that keeps happening (rarely)?

Forgot to mention, I can't just save the thing and reload everything. While this is going on, I can't save anything I do, I have to delete the entry completely, and restart the whole program. Funny thing is, I save things when I create their id and Test Now, which worked just fine, so the entry for this thing (rThoqqua) is there in the list, and I can load it as a copy, but it's completely empty of data (as I saved it originally). When I save the thing now, it saves, but it doesn't overwrite anything. It just reports no error on saving, only when I hit Test Now. Far as I can tell, it's not saving either. Super glitch!

Nightfox May 27th, 2012 06:52 PM

Are there any plans to add Psicrystal support to the d20 SRD system?

Sendric June 26th, 2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron (Post 70241)
The updates are posted when enough work has been done to justify one. Unfortunately, we are a pretty small company, and have to focus our efforts strategically. This means d20 has not been updated in some time, though I hope that I can push one out in the next few months.

With the latest Pathfinder release now out the door, is there a chance of seeing a bugfix release for d20 in the near future?

Kendall-DM July 23rd, 2012 02:39 PM

Found another bug, Far Shot is not correctly being applied to thrown weapons. It is giving the range increment a multiplier of 1.5 (the same as projectile weapons) when it should be doubling it for thrown weapons.

Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer July 24th, 2012 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer (Post 47037)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer
Also, I've found a glitch when you select the javelin as a custom magic weapon, in this case a +1 Javelin with the extra enhancement of 'Returning'.

A regular javelin correctly applies a -4 to the Melee Attack scores as per the weapon's description however, the above described magical version does not factor in the penalty.

Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer
The Feat: Far Shot increases the range increment of a projectile weapon, such as a bow, by a multiple of 1.5 and for a thrown weapon the range increment should be increased by a multiple of 2.

For the Net and Javelin specifically, and I suspect other thrown weapons as well, HL is using the projectile muliplier when it should be using the thrown weapon multiplier (x2).

Another weapon-related glitch to add to the javelin one above and my earlier report about the Feat 'Far Shot' not working properly with weapons that are thrown. I'm sure you guys haven't forgotten and that those will be fixed in the next update. ;)

Hoping this is in time to be added to the next update,
Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer :)

Since Far Shot is being brought up, I hereby add my 2 cents with the reminder above of my earlier postings to this thread since both the Far Shot glitch is still happening AND the continued failure to apply the -4 to melee attacks with a Custom Made javelin. :(

Kendall-DM July 24th, 2012 10:20 AM

Ah, I did a search for Far Shot, this didn't come up for some reason.

Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer July 24th, 2012 10:29 AM

:)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kendall-DM (Post 87238)
Ah, I did a search for Far Shot, this didn't come up for some reason.

Yeah back on page 4 of this thread, entries are in the low thirties, way back in 2010.

I had hoped they'd been resolved by now but when I went to update my "back up" fighter for the current 3.5 campaign that I'm in, I saw that wasn't the case & then you, Kendall-DM, posted your observation on one of the two issues. So hopefully this'll get the notice of 'The Powers That Be' and fixes will be put into place. :D

McQ August 9th, 2012 11:13 PM

Zombies have no HP?

The pre-made Human Zombie Commoner seems to have no HP displayed, is this due to the lack of any Constitution? In the box defining its' Hit Point value, the number is present, but do the program does not seem to recognize it, thereby using the Tactical Console to subtract HP does not function correctly.

I've tried to make a level one human commoner and then add the Zombie template, but the Zombie template does not seem to be available. Building a "Custom Race" from scratch works as a short term fix, but is there no way to remedy the issue? It's totally possible to subtract from 0 the damage dealt the Zombies, and as undead are graced no negative 10 HP, it's not the biggest problem in the world.

Anyone have a file with the Zombie Template fixed or a Human Zombie Race created?

Edit: Found that I had some files not selected in the Configure Hero screen. Was able to use the Zombie Template and all stats are correct, so no help needed. Maybe it has just been a while since the Undead.stock has been updated?

Kendall-DM August 20th, 2012 11:54 AM

Found another bug, didn't find it in a search so I'm posting it. It appears that magical shield spikes are experiencing the "live state" problem with its parent. It is resolving the a script I don't have access to before the parent pick has been resolved. You can easily test this by putting masterwork shield spikes on a shield and getting the error.

Sendric August 29th, 2012 05:02 AM

As reported in the community bug thread:

Phylactery of Undead Turning is incorrectly listed as a Neck slot, should be Head slot.

Sendric September 4th, 2012 05:04 AM

As reported in the community bug thread:

The portable hole for d20 system does not seem to be a container or for some reason I just can't add items to it.

Editor's Note: The portable hole is not set as a container. It is also missing the code to ignore weight for items placed inside it.

Sendric September 17th, 2012 07:58 AM

The "Removed Class Skills" option in the class variant does not remove class skills.

EmptyEternity September 26th, 2012 03:38 AM

Dragon Disicple bug?

I have a sorcer that I have taken levels of Dragon Disciple. I have added the +1 to levels, but it is giving me the error that I have to assign it to a spell class. I cannot find where I need to go to do that, and it is not adding the levels to my spells per day for those levels.

Is this some kind of bug? Any help would be appreciated.

Sendric September 26th, 2012 05:17 AM

Yes, it looks like there's a core bug here. When setting up a class with extra spell levels, there's an option for "Extra Spell Instead?" that is checked for the Dragon Disciple. It appears this option is not quite implemented correctly. Unfortunately, I'm not sure there's a way to work around that issue. If it wasn't already reported, I'll add it to the bug report thread. In the meantime, you can use the spells known adjustment to add a bonus spell to the appropriate level. This won't get rid of your validation error, but it might be the best you can do right now.

Sendric September 26th, 2012 05:20 AM

The bonus spell for the Dragon Disciple prestige class isn't getting added properly. When selected, there is a validation error message asking you to choose a class to add the spell to. There is no method available for choosing that class so no spell slot is ever added. This appears to be a bug with the "Extra Spell Instead?" feature. There should be a drop down to choose which class to add the bonus spell to.

Romaq September 29th, 2012 01:53 AM

Bug Reports - Version 4.0c

I triple checked my version#, and it is not the same as the sticky thread here so I'll simply start a new thread with the correct version. I apologize if this is not correct.

When printing my Journal, it looks like the game date fields are not shifted correctly.

-> Date in game: 0597/05/13
-> Date printed: 5970/51/30

I didn't do any further testing to see how it's all wrapped, likely a slip of the code and hopefully trivial to fix. Thank you! :)

ShadowChemosh September 29th, 2012 11:23 AM

FYI their are multiple versions when dealing with Hero Lab as you have the application (ie .exe) and the data sets (ie d20, Shadowrun, Pathfinder). These have different versions. So currently the d20 data set is v3.14 but Hero Lab the program is running at 4.0c.

Same as Pathfinder is running currently at v7.1 but Hero Lab the program is still running 4.0c.

Just an FYI is all about the version information. :)

Romaq September 29th, 2012 12:50 PM

Thank you for the clarification. I suspect this is a bug in the app and not the data set, but I can't be sure. I'm using the updated d20 data set, I just purchased this Friday morning.

Sendric November 15th, 2012 10:04 AM

There are two spells showing up in the Cleric spell list that I think are from one of the Pathfinder sources. The problem is that they are showing up without any Pathfinder sources being checked:

Dream Feast (sPFClr1000)
Traveling Dream (sPFClr4000)

I don't know which source they are from exactly. I do think, though, that they probably aren't sourced correctly if they are showing up without any PF sources being checked. If anyone knows differently, let me know.

Note: There may be other spells like this, but I haven't made it through all the spell lists yet. If I find others, I will post them.

Lord Magus November 15th, 2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 107111)
There are two spells showing up in the Cleric spell list that I think are from one of the Pathfinder sources. The problem is that they are showing up without any Pathfinder sources being checked:

Dream Feast (sPFClr1000)
Traveling Dream (sPFClr4000)

I don't know which source they are from exactly. I do think, though, that they probably aren't sourced correctly if they are showing up without any PF sources being checked. If anyone knows differently, let me know.

Note: There may be other spells like this, but I haven't made it through all the spell lists yet. If I find others, I will post them.

Adventure Path #2, "The Skinsaw Murders" (back pages article about Desna)

Sendric November 16th, 2012 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Magus (Post 107196)
Adventure Path #2, "The Skinsaw Murders" (back pages article about Desna)

Ah ha! Thanks for the info. I actually have a copy of that, too. Still, I would guess that the spells are not sourced correctly. On the bright side, these appear to be the only two spells from that book.

mirtos December 29th, 2012 10:34 PM

Flurry of Blows: I found an old bug that wont allow a user to "equip it" because it has no size... this is the bug im still having. was flurry ever fixed?

Arioch7401 February 3rd, 2013 06:36 PM

Support Over?

So is support for this dead? I understand that Lone Wolf wants to support Pathfinder as a selling product, but if you haven't noticed WOTC is rereleasing the 3.5 system.:(

Colen February 5th, 2013 02:07 PM

Unfortunately nobody can do anything interesting with the d20 system (i.e. support the interesting stuff like the "Complete" books) without a license from Wizards of the Coast. We've been doing our best in that regard, but we haven't been able to secure anything yet. We're as bummed about it as you are, since we'd like to be able to support more 3.5 stuff with the re-release. :(

Kendall-DM February 16th, 2013 03:52 PM

Found another bug, and from what I can tell, it's just a bad script and an easy fix. Custom gear has it's weight set to the user input weight multiplied by the number of items in the stack. Can you see the flaw in this?

4 items in a custom gear stack, each has a use weight of 1 pound. According to this formula, each weight will be set to 4 pounds, making the total weight 16 pounds. The weight of the item (and the cost for that matter), should just be set to the user input weight.

This also applies to Custom Container and Custom Location. Someone was a very very bad programmer, heh.

Sendric February 19th, 2013 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kendall-DM (Post 131849)
Found another bug, and from what I can tell, it's just a bad script and an easy fix. Custom gear has it's weight set to the user input weight multiplied by the number of items in the stack. Can you see the flaw in this?

4 items in a custom gear stack, each has a use weight of 1 pound. According to this formula, each weight will be set to 4 pounds, making the total weight 16 pounds. The weight of the item (and the cost for that matter), should just be set to the user input weight.

This also applies to Custom Container and Custom Location. Someone was a very very bad programmer, heh.

I put in a work around for this into the community set. It will be available in the next release.

Sendric February 22nd, 2013 05:13 AM

Here's a bug. While working on class variants, I came across one that removes certain armor proficiencies. The button in the editor marked "Removed Weapon / Armor" brings up a list of all feats and not just the proficiency ones. Not a big deal, but a bug nonetheless.

Zapping February 23rd, 2013 12:21 PM

I'm new to Hero Lab so apologies if I missed something here. But I noticed when making a character the Darkwood Buckler under Magic Armor appears to be set as a full shield rather then a buckler. When I select a bow to use with it I receive an error saying "Can't have off-hand weapon with this shield" but if I choose a regular buckler there is no error. I have tried finding the Darkwood Buckler through the editor but I haven't found it yet.

Colen February 24th, 2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zapping (Post 134694)
I'm new to Hero Lab so apologies if I missed something here. But I noticed when making a character the Darkwood Buckler under Magic Armor appears to be set as a full shield rather then a buckler. When I select a bow to use with it I receive an error saying "Can't have off-hand weapon with this shield" but if I choose a regular buckler there is no error. I have tried finding the Darkwood Buckler through the editor but I haven't found it yet.

If you look at the description of the darkwood buckler, it reads "This nonmagical light wooden shield is made out of darkwood". So despite being named a buckler, it is in fact a light wooden shield. :)

Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer March 11th, 2013 08:40 PM

Ink - parenthetical description is in error

The parenthetical descriptions for colored and black inks are in error.

Per the Player's Handbook, pages 126 - 128, 8 GP buys you 1 Oz. of black ink and 16 GP buys 2 ounces.

However, the listing under the gear tab displays it as Ink (1 oz vial, black) and Ink (1 oz vial, colored) but you do not get the vial with the ink.

The vial is a separate item, which is correctly described and has the correct cost of 1 GP.

Apologies if this was previously reported and is already on the "to be fixed" list.

Nigel Fogg, a.k.a The Wayfarer :)

Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer March 28th, 2013 05:26 AM

spells with metamagic feat - appearance on the printout

Re-issuing a request I made back on February 10th of 2012:

When creating a metamagic version of a spell the software has it print out in confusing manner.

Examples: A Paladin who has a metamagic Reach version of 'Cure Light Wounds' and 'Healing Touch' spells and a Wizard who has a metamagic Extend version of 'Mount' and 'Arcane Lock' and 'Scorching Ray' spells.

Currently the printed version of the character would list these as:

Cure Light Wounds, Reach, Healing Touch

Arcane Lock, Mount, Extend, Scorching Ray

As you can see, this gives the false impression that there are spells called "Reach" and "Extend"

I ask that the output be changed so that the applied metamagic feat appears in parentheses:

Cure Light Wounds (Reach), Healing Touch

Arcane Lock, Mount (Extend), Scorching Ray

Thanks in advance,

OverTheSwamp June 30th, 2013 08:37 PM

Not a bug-spelling error

Ranger

"Wild Empathy +0 (Ex) Improve the atttitude of an animal, as if using Diplomacy."

Attitude normally just has extra attitude. This attitude as extra t's in it.:)

EL_Gobstopper July 6th, 2013 03:20 PM

Ring of Protection

I applied a Ring of Protection +1 to my barbarian, and I noticed that it reduced the weight in my load by about half. I can't find anything that says it's supposed to do that. Is it a bug?

Sendric July 14th, 2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EL_Gobstopper (Post 160496)
I applied a Ring of Protection +1 to my barbarian, and I noticed that it reduced the weight in my load by about half. I can't find anything that says it's supposed to do that. Is it a bug?

Possibly. I'll take a look at it tomorrow. I may end up needing more information on your character if I can't reproduce it.

Update: Unfortunately, I can't reproduce it. Can you give me more info about your character or possibly attach the portfolio that contains it?

lowew79 September 17th, 2013 10:00 AM

Hi,

Building a Halfling character, I noticed that when I select the race (race only, before I choose a class) HL gives me a +1 attack bonus. This doesn't seem right according to everything I know about 3.5.

I did recently download the community 3.5 set, could that be the issue?

Mathias September 17th, 2013 10:06 AM

Size S creatures get +1 to attacks.

lowew79 September 17th, 2013 10:20 AM

im sorry I misspoke, I should have said it gives me +1 BASE attack bonus. I know small characters get a +1 to hit, but that shouldn't count as a base attack bonus, it should be a size bonus. It matters for prestige classes and such.

Mathias September 17th, 2013 12:21 PM

I can't reproduce that. All I get is +1 attack bonus, not +1 BAB. I added 5 levels of fighter and the halfling race to a blank character. He now has an attack bonus of +6 (+5 from BAB, +1 from size). But on the feats tab, when I check the aligned attack feat, I do not fulfill the +6 BAB prereq for this feat. After adding a 6th level of fighter, he does fulfill that prereq.

lowew79 September 17th, 2013 12:37 PM

I guess where it is messing me up is that on the default printed character sheet, it is listed under the one heading of base attack bonus rather than separately. But you are saying that even though the character sheet is listed that way, it works mechanically correctly?