Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Hero Lab Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Hero Lab on Mac Needs Update for New OS (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=66015)

tjzeeman December 9th, 2022 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwilhelmi (Post 300316)
After updating to the latest, and using the Data File Copier successfully, I'm able to create new portfolios again with all my addons. However, whenever I try to open any existing .por file, it crashes every time. Anybody else seeing this? Any ideas on how to fix it? I'd really rather not recreate all my old portfolios...

Are you using 'recent' to open them? If so, then you may have run into the same issue I have. The workaround is to use 'open' instead and then it does work ok.

Mathias December 9th, 2022 12:59 PM

These have been reported to support@wolflair.com, right, so that they can get into the queue to fix? These sound like the sort of issues where we may need to get details from you - OS versions, for example, so it's better to report them by email so we can reply to ask follow-up questions.

tjzeeman December 16th, 2022 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathias (Post 300467)
These have been reported to support@wolflair.com, right, so that they can get into the queue to fix? These sound like the sort of issues where we may need to get details from you - OS versions, for example, so it's better to report them by email so we can reply to ask follow-up questions.

Just did. Thanks for pointing that out.

jrcchicago December 24th, 2022 08:46 AM

I'm running what I think is the current version of Hero Lab Classic (8.9k) on my Mac (Monterey - OS 12.6) - has anyone tried running it after upgrading to Ventura (currently OS 13.1)?

Happy holidays!

tjzeeman January 13th, 2023 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrcchicago (Post 300538)
I'm running what I think is the current version of Hero Lab Classic (8.9k) on my Mac (Monterey - OS 12.6) - has anyone tried running it after upgrading to Ventura (currently OS 13.1)?

Happy holidays!

Nope, and with the message I received after reporting the issues I encountered I'm not inclined to do that anytime soon either. I might actually see about running it inside a VM so I can stay at a 'supported' version of MacOS

javadragon January 14th, 2023 11:22 AM

Upgraded to 13.1 today and no issues

I just upgraded to 13.1 on my 14” MBP and had no issues using Hero Lab. Was able to open a character and level them 3 levels without an issue.

tzunder February 24th, 2024 04:38 AM

I am running Sonoma 14.1 on a m1 mac mini with no problems.

Azhrei February 24th, 2024 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tzunder (Post 302950)
I am running Sonoma 14.1 on a m1 mac mini with no problems.

Not even the slow-to-a-crawl issue when adjusting numeric values? For example, add the stoneskin spell adjustment to a character, then click the up arrow 150 times (because it was cast by a 15th level wizard). The entire sheet recalculates on each click, so it takes foreeeeeeeeeeever. :D