Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Feature Requests (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   My consolidated list of feature suggestions (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=61552)

kbs666 December 24th, 2018 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farling (Post 274299)
Or even as a prefix, so we don't have to scan the whole line (possibly with word wrap onto the next line) to find it :-)

Went with this.

Randall Jhen December 24th, 2018 09:40 AM

I had a feature suggestion, but it might be something on this list, so I wanted to get some clarification.

8) Allow the tooltip for a topic/article link to be a user defined text snippet defaulting to the overview snippet.

My idea was to have a snippet type that adds mouse-over text to a link (probably limited to one of that type per topic/article, and maybe character-limited). Is that, essentially, what the above suggestion is, or should I make a separate post about it?

As an example, my Invisible Sun realm includes rules terminology that's great colloquially, but not super useful when trying to be specific. Having mouse-over text pop up with a short explanation saves me having to click on something to get the one sentence I need.

I've worked around this to a degree with named ranges ("near," "close," "far," etc.) by putting the actual distances in the suffix ("10 ft.", "10-50 ft.", "50-100 ft.", "100-500 ft."), but that's not workable for some other things (like the mechanical difference between a "creature" and a "being" and a "person").

Edit: Ah, yes, looks like this was explained mid-thread. Same idea. Great!

Edit 2: An alternative might be an option to flag a snippet as being the relevant tooltip snippet.

kbs666 December 24th, 2018 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randall Jhen (Post 274331)
I had a feature suggestion, but it might be something on this list, so I wanted to get some clarification.

8) Allow the tooltip for a topic/article link to be a user defined text snippet defaulting to the overview snippet.

Edit 2: An alternative might be an option to flag a snippet as being the relevant tooltip snippet.

That's what's intended by allowing the user to choose any snippet in the topic.

kbs666 March 7th, 2019 09:09 AM

Bumped to keep on front page.

ErinRigh March 7th, 2019 11:18 AM

I think this topic deserves a sticky, raise yer hand if yer with me

Greebo March 7th, 2019 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ErinRigh (Post 276476)

*raises both hands and shouts "Aye!"*

+1

Merion March 11th, 2019 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ErinRigh (Post 276476)

Sure! *hand raised*

ErinRigh March 11th, 2019 07:32 AM

So, me, Greebo and Merion want a sticky. 1 is crazy, 2 are insane, 3 are a movement, so lets do it folks, NO REST TIL STICKY! (hmm not sure that came out right, but...)

Seems odd that its mostly Germans that want a sticky, but we shouldn't let that stop us!