Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - 4th Edition (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   DDI Downloader alternatives? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=15059)

cryptoknight January 8th, 2012 06:05 AM

That would be typical... When the compendium changes, it typically breaks the downloader until Colen can fix it.

TehBagder January 8th, 2012 06:08 AM

I just tried running it again, and it crapped out at the exact same place as before.

Ravenspoe January 8th, 2012 05:20 PM

I have tried twice more on both my machines (Laptop/Desktop) and both Windows 7. It takes close to 18 hours complete only to freeze and give me the error.

Colen January 9th, 2012 08:27 AM

I've just uploaded a new version of the data files that fix this error. You should now be able to complete the download successfully. Sorry guys!

TehBagder January 9th, 2012 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colen (Post 68813)
I've just uploaded a new version of the data files that fix this error. You should now be able to complete the download successfully. Sorry guys!

Excellent! I'm running it now and will report on success/failure as soon as I can.

TehBagder January 9th, 2012 09:00 AM

I also had a thought that running a two-stage DDI Downloader would be more effective in the future. The first program downloads all the files so that you have an offline cache of the m. The second program processes them. This would mean that if it's the processing that's breaking the entire conversion, you've already downloaded the data and there's no need to go through that entire process again, which is time and bandwidth consuming.

Mindblank January 10th, 2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TehBagder (Post 68816)
I also had a thought that running a two-stage DDI Downloader would be more effective in the future. The first program downloads all the files so that you have an offline cache of the m. The second program processes them. This would mean that if it's the processing that's breaking the entire conversion, you've already downloaded the data and there's no need to go through that entire process again, which is time and bandwidth consuming.

This sounds like a great idea. I've just started to download the data again with the updated file. Hope it works this time :)

TehBagder January 10th, 2012 05:07 PM

I just finished the download and it seemed to import fine. However, there's a couple of things that seem to have borked. The first thing is that a LOT of data seems to be missing from the website. H2 Thunderspire Labyrinth, which was in a previous update is now missing. There's also a lot of empty path errors and missing file during processing according to the output log. I've saved a copy of that output log, and the .dat files that were created and I'm going to run it again.

The upshot is that the fixes to the downloader worked, but the data from Wizards seems to be broken a little.

TehBagder January 11th, 2012 06:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Downloaded again (which only took 24 hours total). H2 is still missing, and getting the exact same parser errors about missing lookup IDs, source IDs etc. I've attached the output file here.

SAbel January 16th, 2012 04:18 PM

Just Ran DDI update today (well Sunday evening to this afternoon)
ran fine, This is for those of you that may not have run it in some time (I had not since Nov.)
races from the Heroes of the Feywild are now in. Magic items are in but does not have source tag/ appears in
No Feats, no Classes.
Themes still waiting on.