Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Savage Worlds (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Savage Worlds Adventure Edition (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=61408)

CapedCrusader January 26th, 2023 04:22 PM

The good part is that a lot of the work I'm doing for Pathfinder applies to the new Fantasy Companion.

TCArknight February 1st, 2023 02:40 PM

Any idea on if might be able to release the core SWADE fixes soon? I've got a couple of datasets that could use it. :)

CapedCrusader February 1st, 2023 09:45 PM

I'm currently working full-steam to finish Savage Pathfinder, and all the changes are together.
What's taking a little longer is that I compared the new SWADE Fantasy Companion, and saw how similar a lot of the changes are, so they won't be exclusive to Pathfinder. That means the changes for Pathfinder will have even deeper support.
The differences in how they handle magic items is what I'm doing now. I have all the items in, and I'm coding up the back ends for those items that need it.

CapedCrusader February 1st, 2023 09:46 PM

What do you need specifically, knight?

TCArknight February 2nd, 2023 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapedCrusader (Post 300805)
What do you need specifically, knight?

I'll have to dig into my notes to see what I was running into.

I know at the time I was working on the new Savage Rifts dataset, so probably something from that.

I can hold off, and get back to work on it knowing any fixes are coming. :)

Thank you very much! I know I and everyone else using HL for SW appreciate all you do!

asvaldson March 1st, 2023 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCArknight (Post 300808)
I'll have to dig into my notes to see what I was running into.

I know at the time I was working on the new Savage Rifts dataset, so probably something from that.

I can hold off, and get back to work on it knowing any fixes are coming. :)

Thank you very much! I know I and everyone else using HL for SW appreciate all you do!

That's for sure! I play using Fantasy Grounds, but I prefer to have my character in HL so I can track and make sure I've not over spent.

CapedCrusader March 1st, 2023 05:16 PM

The reason this is taking longer is that I took a look at the new SWADE update for the Fantasy Companion and realized how much they had re-used from Pathfinder. So I'm centralizing it a bit and making it a little more robust, since it will support everything going forward, not just Pathfinder. It was set up so all this was for Pathfinder exclusively. That forced some re-coding.

asvaldson March 3rd, 2023 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapedCrusader (Post 301010)
The reason this is taking longer is that I took a look at the new SWADE update for the Fantasy Companion and realized how much they had re-used from Pathfinder. So I'm centralizing it a bit and making it a little more robust, since it will support everything going forward, not just Pathfinder. It was set up so all this was for Pathfinder exclusively. That forced some re-coding.

I completely understand. I check back weekly, but I honestly don't expect anything for a few more months lol I JUST got my Pathfinder group to even be willing to LOOK at SW, so I got time lol.

Maidhc O Casain March 6th, 2023 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asvaldson (Post 301024)
I completely understand. I check back weekly, but I honestly don't expect anything for a few more months lol I JUST got my Pathfinder group to even be willing to LOOK at SW, so I got time lol.

I wish I could get MY Pathfinder group to try Savage Worlds...

Gumbytie July 24th, 2023 10:31 AM

I have been away for quite awhile, even from gaming, just recently got back into it. Looking over the forums here...so is this dead? Still coming?

I think there are even new Companion books out now for SWADE, so behind here for HeroLab Classic.