Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Version 5.11 of the d20 System data files is now available! (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=59258)

Sendric December 17th, 2017 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 260272)
Correct its intentional as how could it target "two" different Things? :(

I need more info cause I can't find a "Favored Deity Weapon" ability and not sure I am following how/why the feat would be getting multiple tags?

Sorry. I mistyped the name of the feat. It's actually Favored Weapon Focus. It gets added to the character when they take the Cleric Domain "War".

In this case, the reason there are multiple Target tags is because some Deities have more than one favored weapon. An example is Hextor who has both the Flail and the Heavy Flail. Hextor is a deity from Greyhawk Gazeteer.

Kendall-DM December 26th, 2017 10:03 AM

Found another mistake in the spells (re-assigning all the spells in my plethora of portfolios is discovering all these :P), the spRevGrav7 is set as a level 8 spell rather than a level 7 spell.

Kendall-DM December 27th, 2017 05:36 PM

Found another one, spPryEyes6 is set as a level 5 spell rather than a level 6 spell.

Kendall-DM December 29th, 2017 02:17 PM

I've made another discovery, if you apply a Metamagic feat to a spell, it appears the spell is missing the Area/Effect/Target descriptions on the mouse-over pop-ups for the spell.

Could someone verify this is the case with their d20 files?

Sendric December 30th, 2017 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kendall-DM (Post 260765)
I've made another discovery, if you apply a Metamagic feat to a spell, it appears the spell is missing the Area/Effect/Target descriptions on the mouse-over pop-ups for the spell.

Could someone verify this is the case with their d20 files?

I was able to reproduce this using the Silent Spell feat and Disguise Self.

ShadowChemosh December 31st, 2017 01:49 PM

@Kendall-DM thanks for all the bug reports. I should be able to make those fixes in the coming weeks.

The Metamagic issue is just a display bug only. It must be using its own unique script instead of the global mouse over procedure. Should be easy to fix once I track it down..

Kendall-DM January 1st, 2018 10:18 PM

Another one, there is no Target text for spAniTra2 (Animal Trance).

Kendall-DM January 13th, 2018 11:37 AM

Disregard this post as well, it was due to the same idiocy as the one that follows.

Kendall-DM January 13th, 2018 11:59 AM

Disregard this post.

Chaos753 January 27th, 2018 12:49 AM

Has the url for Lawful G's files been moved. Had all the 3.5 books as available on my d20 game, had a couple of characters . Now when I pull the duskblade up, I get a laundry list of errors saying data not available, and duskblade is no longer an optional class. And ALL those books that were reference material is no loner listed.

Please help.

Illyahr January 27th, 2018 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos753 (Post 262155)
Has the url for Lawful G's files been moved. Had all the 3.5 books as available on my d20 game, had a couple of characters . Now when I pull the duskblade up, I get a laundry list of errors saying data not available, and duskblade is no longer an optional class. And ALL those books that were reference material is no loner listed.

Please help.

Haven't updated in a while? Yes, the URL was changed a while back. Check the first page of the Community Created data set thread for the new one. Lawful_G's stuff was rolled up into the rest of the files so you only have to update once instead of each group

Sendric January 27th, 2018 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos753 (Post 262155)

Please help.

Couple of things you need to know.

If you receive any errors while loading d20, then no user data will be available, even if it's only one error. In this case, it sounds like you received errors while loading before you even got to the point of opening the portfolio. Those are the errors we need to address.

Assuming it's been a while since you last downloaded the community set, I recommend opening your data folder* and moving all of your .user files to another folder. After that, re-download the community set and reload your files. I recommend moving them in case you have data files from other sources other than the community set.

* If you don't know where this is, you can access it through HL, by going to Tools --> Explore Folders --> Game System Data Folder.

Chaos753 January 27th, 2018 05:34 PM

Illyanr, thanks. I will go there and see if that helps.

Sendar, sorry for the double questions to you. I did go as you directed but found no .user files ??? in tools, diagnose problem, there is a list user files, so I hit that, and message popped up, "No user files found "
HL loads up fine. Its when I try to load a character that was previously created that all the errors show up. None of the reference books from lawful G is included. Find list of errors included.

Errors were encountered when loading the saved portfolio! If you notice incorrect behaviors in your portfolio, please report it to the data file authors (you can contact them from the Help menu).

Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Advanced Bestiary'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Book of Exalted Deeds'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Cityscape'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Complete Adventurer'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Complete Arcane'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Complete Champion'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Complete Divine'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Complete Mage'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Complete Psionics'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Complete Scoundrel'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Complete Warrior'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Dragon Monster Ecologies'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Dungeon Masters Guide'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Dungeon Masters Guide II'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Dungeonscape'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Drow of the Underdark'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Heroes of Battle'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Heroes of Horror'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Lawful G's Hidden stuff'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Lawful G's Custom Stuff'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Magic Item Compendium'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Magic of Incarnum'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Player's Handbook 2'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Races of the Dragon'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Races of Destiny'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Spell Compendium'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Tome of Battle'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Tome of Magic'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Weapons of Legacy'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Dragon Magic'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Races of Stone'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Races of the Wild'
Pick 'kMartLore' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '70'
Pick 'pACharging' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '88'
Pick 'pAFigDefen' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '89'
Pick 'pATotDefen' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '90'
Pick 'pImmobile' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '91'
Pick 'pPsiFocus' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '92'
Pick 'pTainted' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '93'
Pick 'pcnAwakeUn' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '94'
Pick 'pcnHaste' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '110'
Pick 'sWizFlare' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '124'
Pick 'sWizGhoSou' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '125'
Pick 'sWizLight' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '127'
Pick 'sWizMagHan' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '128'
Pick 'sWizMendin' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '129'
Pick 'sWizMessag' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '130'
Pick 'sWizOpenCl' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '132'
Pick 'sWizPresti' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '134'
Pick 'sWizRayFro' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '135'

Chaos753 January 27th, 2018 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 262163)
Haven't updated in a while? Yes, the URL was changed a while back. Check the first page of the Community Created data set thread for the new one. Lawful_G's stuff was rolled up into the rest of the files so you only have to update once instead of each group

Yes, I had that same set already. So that's not my problem.

thanks,

Dami January 27th, 2018 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos753 (Post 262195)
Sendar, sorry for the double questions to you. I did go as you directed but found no .user files ??? in tools, diagnose problem, there is a list user files, so I hit that, and message popped up, "No user files found "
HL loads up fine. Its when I try to load a character that was previously created that all the errors show up. None of the reference books from lawful G is included.

No .user files? It sounds like you don't have the Community Pack. You could try downloading it again.

Chaos753 January 28th, 2018 12:25 PM

Yeah. I 've done that bout 15 times. And am following the setup "secondary updates.url" procedure. Something aint working right anymore. but damn if I can figure it out.

Chaos753 January 28th, 2018 12:55 PM

Step 8 of procedure says you will see an updated "Lawful_g d20(vx.xx). that does not show up. I think its d20 community set v 1.20 or 1.21. And it does show all the ref books in the right pane. but they never load up on portfolios.

ShadowChemosh January 28th, 2018 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos753 (Post 262229)
Step 8 of procedure says you will see an updated "Lawful_g d20(vx.xx). that does not show up. I think its d20 community set v 1.20 or 1.21. And it does show all the ref books in the right pane. but they never load up on portfolios.

If all the books are displaying in the "Configure Your Hero" window then you have loaded the d20 community Pack successfully. You may have saved your characters when you didn't have the community pack installed.

This means you have to OPEN the character and press "CTRL-K" which opens the "Configure Your Hero" window again. Then turn on the books you want to use with that specific character.

HL saves which books are allowed on a per character basis. :)

Chaos753 January 28th, 2018 08:11 PM

The books are NOT showing in the configure window. THey show in description of d20 community set v1.21 or 1.20. But even tho after I dl that file, they (books) STILL do not show in configure window.... which is why I am confused. And when I load portfolio which was configured with Lawful G ( and books) I get that long list of error messages I posted earlier.

ShadowChemosh January 28th, 2018 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos753 (Post 262242)
THey show in description of d20 community set v1.21 or 1.20.

What exactly does this mean? Can you provide a screen shot of what your seeing?

Start HL and d20. Go to Tools->Manage Third Party Updates this will show all the Packs you have installed and the versions. What exactly do you see listed?

Chaos753 January 28th, 2018 10:26 PM

In the procedure " Setup Secondary Updates URL", step 8, Screen "Import New Data Files Into Hero Lab", on right side "Files added or replaced by import" it shows all the books that the d20 community set v *.** will add. But they never do.

In Manage third party updates, there were no packs, nothing listed.

Dami January 29th, 2018 02:37 AM

Do you have multiple d20 HL system folders? Could you be installing the "d20 Community Set 1.21" into one system folder, but have your character portfolio in a different one?

Sendric January 29th, 2018 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dami (Post 262246)
Do you have multiple d20 HL system folders? Could you be installing the "d20 Community Set 1.21" into one system folder, but have your character portfolio in a different one?

This is my question as well. In the import window, in the lower left there is a window marked "Folder for Game System". This will always default to d20, so if you have duplicated or moved your d20 system to another folder you will need to change this in order to populate the data files in the correct folder.

The only other thing I can think of is maybe your license doesn't include d20? That would be one reason why the user files aren't loading.

Chaos753 January 29th, 2018 07:13 AM

Still have my license for d20. THe upsetting thing is that this all worked at one time. IF I changed anything it was an accident. It appears that the d20 community set never downloads, as far as the game is concerned, although it says id did. THe update already has the shadowsoftware url in it. And all my other portfolios open just fine, only the duskblade which required the d20 set has the issue.

ShadowChemosh January 29th, 2018 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos753 (Post 262244)
In the procedure " Setup Secondary Updates URL", step 8, Screen "Import New Data Files Into Hero Lab", on right side "Files added or replaced by import" it shows all the books that the d20 community set v *.** will add. But they never do.

So you see the window "Import New Data Files into Hero Lab" and it shows "Folder for game system:" as "d20". You do press the "Start Import" button right. Then you get a large "Warning" window and you press "Yes"?

And finally you get a message that says "Import was successful and the new data files are ready for use. The new game system should now appear in the 'Select Game System' dialog."

Then you close down Hero Lab and restart HL and then d20. Do you get any error messages when starting d20?

Chaos753 January 29th, 2018 01:58 PM

correct on all. No errors when starting HL or d20. One thing I did notice tho, is that the written procedure an updated named "Lawful_g d20" but it does not show this file at any time. I have been selecting d20 community v 1.21. Does this make a difference ? And as I mentioned previously, in step 4, the shadowsoftware url is already in there for updates.

And on step 8, where it calls out "Lawful_g d20(vx.xx)" In the import new data files into Hero Lab, in the file to import line, it has" C:\programdata\herolab\download\lawful_G_". But that is not where my Lawful_g file is located. Mine is in C:/users/Ken/mydocuments/herolab.

ShadowChemosh January 29th, 2018 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos753 (Post 262296)
correct on all. No errors when starting HL or d20. One thing I did notice tho, is that the written procedure an updated named "Lawful_g d20" but it does not show this file at any time. I have been selecting d20 community v 1.21. Does this make a difference ? And as I mentioned previously, in step 4, the shadowsoftware url is already in there for updates.

And on step 8, where it calls out "Lawful_g d20(vx.xx)" In the import new data files into Hero Lab, in the file to import line, it has" C:\programdata\herolab\download\lawful_G_". But that is not where my Lawful_g file is located. Mine is in C:/users/Ken/mydocuments/herolab.

Sendric changed the name of the addon awhile ago and we never updated the documentnation. Lawful_g is the old name for the same package that is now called "d20 Community Set (v1.21)". So that all matches up.

Are you using a Mac? Cause in Windows HL will never put data files into the my documents area. It would prevent it from working.

Honestly at this point you will need to start taking screen shots of everything so the rest of us can "visually see" what you see. Nothing here is making sense because if you did the above steps then you have it installed. :confused: :confused::(

Chaos753 January 29th, 2018 02:31 PM

no using a pc. And it used to work. I added it back in later part of 2017.

Chaos753 January 29th, 2018 09:29 PM

Not in my documents huh ? Ok. Where then, in downloads ?

Dami January 30th, 2018 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos753 (Post 262317)
Not in my documents huh ? Ok. Where then, in downloads ?

C:\programdata\herolab\download is where HL stores the update files that you download.
HeroLab stores portfolios and images in C:\Users\username\My Documents\Hero lab

The user files are installed to C:\Program Data\Hero Lab\data\d20 - this is the "d20" that shows in the 'Folder for Game System' window on the import window. Are you changing the install location when you try to update?
When you load HeroLab, and load your character portfolio - go to "Tools" > "Explore Folders" > "Game System data Folder" - what folder does it open? (It should be C:\Program Data\Hero Lab\data\d20.)

Dark Lord Galen January 30th, 2018 07:20 AM

@ Dami
" C:\Users\username\My Documents\Hero lab"

It is often installed default as a hidden file as well.

DLG

Chaos753 January 30th, 2018 10:59 PM

You were correct Dami. I had two d20's loaded. But it seemed I always had two loaded on the HL page, so I didn't think that was the problem. Shadowchemosh helped me out and got it corrected. Great guy, thanks again for the help.

Dark_Soul February 22nd, 2018 06:00 AM

Nevermind. >_> Reading failure on my part.

Sendric March 9th, 2018 07:25 AM

Nevermind. Already reported.

Sendric July 16th, 2018 03:59 AM

Shadow, I am getting an error regarding a weapon which is referencing a BaseWep eval script and fields I'm fairly certain I'm not trying to access. Can you tell me what's happening here so I can try to figure out what I'm doing wrong?

Code:

Attempt to access field 'stackQty' that does not exist for thing 'wSpikes'
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'BaseWep' (Eval Script '#2') near line 51
- - -
Attempt to access field 'hTotal' that does not exist for thing 'wSpikes'
- - -
Attempt to access field 'hTotal' that does not exist for thing 'wSpikes'

Update: This issue appears to be caused by applying the tag "wCategory.RangeThrow" to the natural weapon. The error appears as soon as it is bootstrapped. Perhaps this is an illegal tag on natural weapons?

ShadowChemosh July 17th, 2018 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 268053)
Update: This issue appears to be caused by applying the tag "wCategory.RangeThrow" to the natural weapon. The error appears as soon as it is bootstrapped. Perhaps this is an illegal tag on natural weapons?

Correct you can't use this tag as that says we are like ammunition and tries to add a tracker of "Charges" to the In-Play tab. But natural weapons don't have the field stackQty so it tosses an error.

Both of these tags will cause this issue:
Code:

tagis[wCategory.Ammunition] + tagis[wCategory.RangeThrow]

Sendric July 18th, 2018 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 268137)
Correct you can't use this tag as that says we are like ammunition and tries to add a tracker of "Charges" to the In-Play tab. But natural weapons don't have the field stackQty so it tosses an error.

Both of these tags will cause this issue:
Code:

tagis[wCategory.Ammunition] + tagis[wCategory.RangeThrow]

Yea, that makes sense. Not sure why I did that or how I decided it was ok, but at least it's fixed now. Thanks for the verification.

Sendric August 6th, 2018 05:50 AM

Just looked into an old bug report regarding the Stone of Good Luck not providing bonuses. The problem here is the script is requiring the item to be equipped. It also is tagged as "holdable". Not sure if that tag is really necessary, but the stone can't be equipped which is why it never provides the bonuses. I put a replacement in the community set for the time being.

Grumpicus January 27th, 2019 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 258178)
The issue appears to be related to having more than one skill set to be removed from the base class. The code appears to have been here for a long time and I only find like 3 variant classes that make use of it and all three are tossing the same error.

I am going to have to ask Colen a question and most likely fix this for the next release.

Do you know if this was working before?

Did this ever get fixed? Trying to create the Urban Ranger variant this weekend and still seeing the error when having more than one skill set to be removed from the base class. Is there a hack or workaround? Thanks!

Illyahr March 2nd, 2019 03:50 PM

Would it be possible to add an "Advancement" field to the Race tab in the editor? If the creature even has advancement, if it advances by character class, or what HD it advances sizes and max HD would be helpful for those who don't have the books.