Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Easy Gestalt Characters (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=13678)

Arrgg November 16th, 2011 04:44 PM

I am a little slow in the gestalt department. I recently tried to build a gunslinger (pistolero)/ Alchemist and didn't see some of the abilities on the bootstrap tree. I have the licenses for the books involved.

Does anyone have that data set pre-made to level 20 for that particular combination?

Sorry to interject on this thread

Maidhc O Casain November 16th, 2011 05:42 PM

Wow - sorry I missed so much on this thread! I completely missed the questions on how I created the Gestalt characters.

I set them up as archetypes of one of the classes. If one of the classes casts spells, that one has to be the 'main' class of the archetype. If not, then I try to use the class that requires the most work as the 'main.' For example, the Druid/Rogue class the OP asked for is made as a Druid archetype. In the editor, go to the Archetypes tab and start a New (Blank) archetype. Use the columns in the center to set up most of the stuff - the race on which the archetype is based, etc. You can add all of the class skills, set the saving throw and BAB progression, etc.

The tricky part is this: most of the classes have 'Primary' and 'Secondary' abilities, and some of them have 'Tertiary' ones as well. You'll have to use the editor to recreate each of the secondary class's primary abilities, re-classify it as a secondary ability and make it available to your archetype. In most cases, this is not really all that hard; it's just tedious. If the original is OGC, it's a simple matter of creating a 'New (Copy)' of the original, reclassifying and making it available to the archetype, save and test. If it's not OGC it requires the more tedious 'Copy/Paste' approach. You'll have to do the same thing for the Secondary abilities if both classes have Secondaries.

The good news is that once you've created them, they're there and available for new class combinations as well. I'd already done the tedious stuff for the Rogue class, so for the most part getting them set up for the Druid//Rogue was a matter of setting them to be available to the new archetype as well as the ones I originally set them up for. In the case of abilities that require a specific level of the archetype, I actually had to create another copy because there's a script that checks for levels in the specific class.

That's about it, I think. These are fairly general guidelines, but hopefully they'll give anyone who wants to make their own Gestalts a place to start. I'm FAR from expert, but happy to help if I can!

There's a script that I had to get ShadowChemosh to write for me in order to make the fighter's weapon training abilities available (thanks, SC!).

PS - I don't have any of the classes set up that have been requested in the last few posts. For the Paladin/Monk, I'd set it up as a Paladin Archetype and add the Monk abilities. I haven't messed with the Gunslinger class at all, so I don't know anything about how they set up the special abilities. Just guessing, I'd say set it up as an Alchemist archetype, since that's the spellcasting class.

PPS - I forgot to mention that (as far as I know) there's still no way to combine two spellcasting classes into a Gestalt using HL.

Talonious June 12th, 2013 09:05 PM

Just found this thread. So thankful it is here. I'm going to try to create a Alchemist/Rogue Gestalt for a friends Pathfinder game. Should be interesting. Mowgli mentioned starting with New Blank but couldn't you start with New Copy and use the harder of the two classes as a starting point or does that not work right?

Umarian June 12th, 2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talonious (Post 159452)
Just found this thread. So thankful it is here. I'm going to try to create a Alchemist/Rogue Gestalt for a friends Pathfinder game. Should be interesting. Mowgli mentioned starting with New Blank but couldn't you start with New Copy and use the harder of the two classes as a starting point or does that not work right?

You might check out this thread. They have a lot of them done already. Not sure if the Alc/Rog is or not, but it might provide you with more information.

Maidhc O Casain June 13th, 2013 03:56 PM

You might could start with one of my three classes that have Rogue as their second class and change the ". . . is an Archetype of" to Alchemist. You'd then have all of the Rogue stuff added other than the Rogue Talents. You'd have to go through all of these one by one, make a copy and assign them as (probably) Tertiary abilities then make them available to your Archetype.

Manic Modron September 8th, 2013 09:33 PM

Is it at all possible to do a Bard(Archaeologist)/Fighter(Lore Warden)?

I am going to have a party of 5 mythic PCs and one PC who won't be at the crucial moment to gain mythic tiers, so I want her to have her own flavor of power boost to keep things relatively equal.