Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Looking for advises on adventure data entering methods (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=60303)

Valyar March 6th, 2018 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbs666 (Post 263903)
Search for the tag in question. Create a view there is a check box in that dialog that allows adding topics shown in the navigation pane to the view.

I non-tag user, even though the option was in front of my eyes, it was like non-existent... :o I will experiment with the tags, with the Bulk Tagging feature for articles/topics this might provide some interesting filtering options and combinations... Need to plan this carefully, redoing later is not fun. I love this :)

Still have to figure the best way for entering a text heavy adventure... Does anyone care to share some nice visuals of storyboard with usage of the rest of the fields (not just link to an article)? :)

Valyar March 6th, 2018 10:05 AM

There is limit of 7 views... what a bummer... WHY!

daplunk March 6th, 2018 01:16 PM

I asked about that long ago. LWD thought we wouldn't need any more.

Avi March 6th, 2018 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valyar (Post 263911)

True, a problem, but my way around is to create "view tags" tags I think l'll use as a basis for my views.
So while entering an adventure my auto-tag is set on "Adventure XXX"
Then when adding an NPC from that adventure he gets tagged.

Now during prep I need to add some articles to the adventure view (the description of that NPCs home town, part of a different supplement) I add them and then bulk tag.

Farling March 7th, 2018 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valyar (Post 263911)

Why do you need more than 7 views at the same time?

When running a Pathfinder AP, I used one view for the current story (book chapter), and switched the views contents when the party moved to the next section.

daplunk March 7th, 2018 05:00 PM

Handy for situations where you have put 7+ different books into the tool. You can create a view for them individually. Just makes it neater and reduces the slog on system resources.

Ive got 50+ realms and god knows how much data entered at this point.

kbs666 March 7th, 2018 05:16 PM

I usually have at most 3 views active in my realm. 1 is the area I'm adding view. Whatever region/dungeon/story I'm working on has its own view so I can see what is going on. Then I have a view for what I expect my players to be doing in this weeks game. And sometimes I'll also have a view of the empty and incomplete tags as a sort of todo list.

Farling March 7th, 2018 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daplunk (Post 263992)
Handy for situations where you have put 7+ different books into the tool. You can create a view for them individually. Just makes it neater and reduces the slog on system resources.

Ive got 50+ realms and god knows how much data entered at this point.

I've never needed a view of an entire book.
If you set a corresponding source tag on everything in each book then a simple tag-based filter will show you everything from that book.

Vargr March 8th, 2018 04:50 AM

I wonder what I am doing wrong.

I use neither tags nor views...

Farling March 8th, 2018 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vargr (Post 264015)
I wonder what I am doing wrong.

I use neither tags nor views...

They're only useful to cut down on the number of topics presented to you at any one time. If you don't need a reduced set, then there's no reason to use them.