Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Warforged in HL - A question from the Paizo forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=10125)

Mathias August 12th, 2010 08:09 AM

The creature Type/Subtype system hasn't been added to the d20 files, so there's no need to override the various abilities of the construct Type. Instead, all the race's abilities, including those from its modified Type, are assigned directly to the race.

Mathias August 12th, 2010 08:11 AM

P.S. When working with the User Tags section in d20, the tags that are created are in the User group, rather than the Custom group, so instead of "Custom.WFArmor", use "User.WFArmor".

(The User tag group serves a different purpose in Pathfinder than it does in d20, so Custom replaces it as the generic user-added tag group).

RKeenJr August 12th, 2010 09:41 AM

Thank you I was having a issue with the group not being defined.

I will let you know if that helps me.

Thanks,
Rick

RKeenJr August 12th, 2010 10:01 AM

I keep getting the error:

Syntax error in 'pre-requisite rule' script for Thing 'CompPlate' on line 1
-> Tag 'Race.WaF' not defined

The Warfogred Race Unique Id is 'WaF' so I am not sure why I am getting the error.

Here is the code I used:

hero.tagis[Race.WaF] <> 0

Thanks,
Rick

Mathias August 12th, 2010 10:38 AM

After you created your Warforged race, did you use the "Test Now!" button on the top left to add it to the files before moving on to the armor?

RKeenJr August 12th, 2010 10:51 AM

I actually had the Armor and Race entered prior to seeing your post. When I saw your post of being able to add armor to a race automatically I started following your steps. Should I delete and redo them both?

Rick

RKeenJr August 12th, 2010 11:11 AM

I did take the Expr-Pre out and everything passes. I even tried copying a warforge and using a new Unique Id and tested it with success, before I entered the code back into the armor and still no luck.

Rick

Mathias August 12th, 2010 12:04 PM

The warforged race you added has an Id of "WaF", not "rWaF", right? In general, the Id pattern we've used is to start race Ids with an "r", so "r?" is the suggested Id for a new race, and I'd like to make sure you're not missing that.

If that's not the case, it's probably time for me to take a look at what's actually happening. My email address is my user name here, @wolflair.com. I'll take a look at the file you've created and see if I can figure out how to make the requirements work.

RKeenJr August 12th, 2010 12:42 PM

I think that I figured it out. I did not select WaF as 'Counts as Races...' in the warforge data.

Once I did that I have not recieved any errors.

Shoule I change the warforge id to rWaF from WaF? I can do that if it is reccomended. the more I do the easier it will be for me to learn.

Thanks for all the suggestions!
Rick

RKeenJr August 12th, 2010 12:45 PM

I have noticed if I choose Warforged as a race in a new character it remains red and shows '???' in the alerts.

Sorry I am trying to get this to work so I can assure my friends it will do what we need for our gaming group. If I can do that they will be purchasing copies.

Thanks again,
Rick